What are you working on (in May 2023)?

Cassel

20 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

These are beautiful.  I have a dumb question.  Is the font itself transparent? So that any layer below would show through? The look is really eye catching.  I'm going to check out that class.  I have been watching classes when I warm of for my workouts and seeing that the ones I saw when I first started I didnt really understand.  Now that I've learned more I understand the concepts of the tutorials better.  Enough to know that I can be successful at trying them.  

Susan, thank you, the font itself is not transparent, you make that with the cutout effect. It is well explained in the master class.
You can use any thick font for that, I used Mongolian Baiti font, I think it's a Windows font.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

Susan, thank you, the font itself is not transparent, you make that with the cutout effect. It is well explained in the master class.
You can use any thick font for that, I used Mongolian Baiti font, I think it's a Windows font.

Thank you , I just started watching.  soon as the housework/errands are done I can finish watching it.  

• Love 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I havent made a tag yet.  An unexpected passing away of my sister-in-law's mother on Sunday had me working on my condolence layout instead...

I haven't been here lately, so only now seeing the past entries.

Susan, you created a lovely and touching card for this difficult moment.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:28 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Finally finishing up the April Double-Page Challenge #6. Here is Shadow, one of the star black leopards at The Wildcat Sanctuary in Sandstone, MN. She's quite a gal! ...

I like the layout very much, Ann... And it looks even more beautiful with this script! I also got it but have yet to use it... Soon

• Love 1

On 5/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Marie-Claire said:

I've been busy making transparent alphas. With the help of Masterclass Alpha Making 2 I made the full upper and lower case alphabet and the digits, as well as some punctuation marks. Here I have posted some examples.

Only recently I discover today the multiple quote...

Marie-Claire, they look great, and make it a nice effect on a layout... There are so many tutorials, scripts, etc. I want to do/use., and everybody here gives great ideas.

20 hours ago, Michele said:

Beautiful layout, Michele! I like also the edges... I gues they are Casse'l special fonts, aren't they?

On 5/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, Mary Solaas said:

The 2nd page will be that DIY Challenge of the Glen Miller Gardens (a pond in the gardens).  It doesn't match my running themes of the trip, so I include it here as the 2nd page which goes with the coloring, etc. of the 1st page. 

Mary, another lovey layout of this series.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Michele said:

large.MothersDay2023600.jpg.021668d9db370b2615ba1b82f502bdf1.jpg

I should have given some details on my Mother's Day pic, but I was sad and missing my mom. Anyway, Cristina and Suzy: I used one of Cassel's edge punches for this project. I absolutely adore all of her punches, but the edge punches are so versatile. I had a bunch of layers as I had to do a bunch of cutouts. Thanks for all the positive feedback. ❤️

• Love 4

Here is the layout. I had to start from zero, as I got the message "Unable to open file" as I was almost finishing it in PSP 2023... I think it has to do with the text tool, but not sure...So I recreated it in PSP 2019 just to be sure.

Credits:

(1) Template: SwL_AroundtheWorldTemplate2

(2) Heart ps_janet-scott_33385_be-mine-brown-crochet-heart_cu.png  

(3) Carole: Basic background paper following the Lab5-09 Text paper tutorial, and a paper from the internet... Also used the Custom Coin script.

#SwL_AroundtheWorldTemplate2.jpg

text-colloseum-background-paper.jpg

Snapshots of Rome_F600.jpg

• WOW 3
  • Love 7

13 minutes ago, Cristina said:

Here is the layout. I had to start from zero, as I got the message "Unable to open file" as I was almost finishing it in PSP 2023... I think it has to do with the text tool, but not sure...So I recreated it in PSP 2019 just to be sure.

Credits:

(3) Carole: Basic background paper following the Lab5-09 Text paper tutorial, and a paper from the internet... Also used the Custom Coin script.

WOW!  this is AWESOME!  It looks like a lot of work and to have lost it must have being so defeating.  That background is superb.  We are all lucky you rallied and remade the layout for us to enjoy.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

WOW!  this is AWESOME!  It looks like a lot of work and to have lost it must have being so defeating.  That background is superb...

Susan thank you so much for your kind and uplifting comment. It means a lot to me. ❤️

The paper I saw somewhere on the internet, and thanks to Carole's classes and tutorials, I was able to replicate it, like so many other things she has been teaching us!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Cristina said:

Credits:

Beautiful, Cristina! You are an INSPIRATION! ?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Beautiful, Cristina! You are an INSPIRATION! ?

Thank you so much for your kind and uplifting comment, Ann!  ❤️ ... We are all inspired by each other work and expertise...  I have learned so many things from Carole and the members through the years...That's why this group is so great.

• Love 4

Wow! Just wow!  That is really great! ALLL those pictures in alll those little not-squares!  I am so sorry you had to redo the effort because to my mind it was Herculean!   The gradient metal on the meridian is such a nice detail, too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I should have given some details on my Mother's Day pic, but I was sad and missing my mom. Anyway, Cristina and Suzy: I used one of Cassel's edge punches for this project. I absolutely adore all of her punches, but the edge punches are so versatile. I had a bunch of layers as I had to do a bunch of cutouts. Thanks for all the positive feedback. ❤️

This is a beautiful layout, your mom would have been thrilled and proud to receive it.  it never gets easier does it.  Random moments of sadness for not having my mom or dad to talk to; to make things better when I'm sad or sick and just for being there.  I dont like being an orphan.  

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

Wow! Just wow!  That is really great! ALLL those pictures in alll those little not-squares!  I am so sorry you had to redo the effort because to my mind it was Herculean!   The gradient metal on the meridian is such a nice detail, too.

Thank you so much, Suzy! ❤️ Yeah, because of the photo's shapes, it took longer than usual, but exactly these shapes caught my attention to the layout... I created the gradient based on the colors of the Italy flag. But I had to create a few before I had one that I liked...It was good practice on how to create a gradient. ? 

• Like 3

Cristina - Really a WOW layout.  

I'm just playing again.  Thought that that Victorian Enamel corner I had created earlier might make a nice touch on a photo.  So I created a mask and then used it.

Just Playing 2_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 7
  • Love 6

11 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Cristina - Really a WOW layout.  

I'm just playing again.  Thought that that Victorian Enamel corner I had created earlier might make a nice touch on a photo.  So I created a mask and then used it.

Thank you, Mary❤️

And, yes, the enamel corner really gave the photo an interesting and nice effect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that I had the Title layer turned off while working on the project and never turned it back on again... So anyway, I tweaked the layout a bit after I posted it here.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

This is a beautiful layout, your mom would have been thrilled and proud to receive it.  it never gets easier does it.  Random moments of sadness for not having my mom or dad to talk to; to make things better when I'm sad or sick and just for being there.  I dont like being an orphan.  

Thank you, Susan. I totally get the randomness of grief; I was just discussing it with someone the other day. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I know what Michele and Susan mean about the effects of grief and the way something out of the blue hits you when you weren't even thinking about it. The price of love. I find writing private thoughts down helps. I don't know why.

On a happier note I am taking ages to create my current design so don't have anything to share yet but am enjoying your contributions. My design focuses on some bug hotels in the shape of bees, for the garden I have made from tin cans. I am using the 'Fringe Effect' from The Lab 13, Module 5.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Thanks, Cristina! I found the template on The Lily Pad. Now I gotta go PLAY ?

Happy you found it!  ----  I have had this Scrapping with Liz Around-the-World templates for quite some time. ----  Have fun!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cristina said:

Happy you found it!  ----  I have had this Scrapping with Liz Around-the-World templates for quite some time. ----  Have fun!

Love your layout! Amazingly, that is one set of SWL templates that I don't have (and I have a lot... over 42MB of her templates). I do have the cutout version of the globe though. Liz has had some wonderful shape templates over the years including the now retired cutout sets for all 50 states, DC and USA. She also had previously done over 10 years ago some state templates that had photo spots inside the shape of the state. She never completed the series and retired them before she moved to The Lily Pad in 2016.

I have been using some of her cutouts as titles on pages and experimenting with different ways to highlight them. These were my latest (basketball done in March and the other in April).

2022 8th 6th.jpg

2022 Aug Luke Bball.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

19 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

Love your layout! Amazingly, that is one set of SWL templates that I don't have (and I have a lot... over 42MB of her templates). I do have the cutout version of the globe though. Liz has had some wonderful shape templates over the years including the now retired cutout sets for all 50 states, DC and USA. She also had previously done over 10 years ago some state templates that had photo spots inside the shape of the state. She never completed the series and retired them before she moved to The Lily Pad in 2016.

I have been using some of her cutouts as titles on pages and experimenting with different ways to highlight them. These were my latest (basketball done in March and the other in April).

2022 8th 6th.jpg

2022 Aug Luke Bball.jpg

I really like her templates and put the globe on the wishlist.  Birthday coming so I'll treat myself.  thanks to you for recommending her and The Lily Pad to me.  There is some really great designers there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rene Marker said:

Thank you so much, Rene! I also have this Globe Cutout. ?  --- Besides that, I have the Adventure Waits Cutout and Life is an Adventure kit. -- I got to know her years ago because of the Monthly Template freebies. --- There are many designers at Lilypad that I like very much.

Those two layouts are beautiful, and I like both titles very much! ---  You gave me a great idea to use the cutouts as titles... Never thought of doing this, but will do it whenever possible.

That's why I say we learn a lot here.

• Like 1