January - SKETCH Challenge (2023)

Cassel

image.png

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to envision something from a “boring” base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, your supplies.

This sketch has lots of room to add stories about your photos, or you can focus on the stories instead of the photos.

image.png

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

Post your project in the gallery.

• Love 1

Here is my take on the Sketch.  The pictures of the Grand Canyon were taken by me on a trip we took in 2008.  Winter hung on a long time that year and though it was in the later part of May, snow was coming in as we drove through the South Rim road.  I really wanted to take pictures of the Colorado River at the bottom of the canyon and it really showed up as we drove further down the road and stopped off at one of the areas where you could get close to the edge.  The colors used were from the palette obtained with the 2nd Palette Script.  I also used the ClipToIt script.  I made a pspimage template of the sketch.  All the elements and papers are mine.  The title font is Aryaduta.

2023 Sketch Challenge_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I started playing with the Sketch Challenge by making it into a template. Then I recalled Suzy talking about flowery papers, and I happened to be on Digitalscrapbooking.com for my 5 daily freebies so I downloaded floral papers. Then we had the Master Class in Borders, and I wanted to try the Torn Edge technique. Putting that all together, here is A Dream of Spring. The font is Hobo and I used the cass-curved photo and clip-to-it scripts.

DREAM OF SPRING_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

My take on this sketch challenge. As we don't have winter overhere in the Netherlands at the moment, it is way to warm for the time of the year, I started to dream about flowers. I used some papers about vintage gardening which I have for a long time and I don't remember where I got them from. My photo was in portret format so I rotated the sketch

Sketch-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

This is my result for the skech challenge. All my photos are in landscape, so I followed Corrie's idea and rotated everything.
These pictures are from 2005. I went to get Gizmo in a shelter. He was then 4 months old. He turned 11 years old.

Made papers with the colors from the photos and a texture
Fonts : Embossing Tape 1 BRK + Ambrogio

large.23_jan_sketch_challenge-600.jpg.deb00eb704b59dd05ab903b3a934f310.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Cassel unpinned this topic