Scrap Bootcamp - October 2022

Cassel

Indeed. you are right. The scatters were in my text so I decided to move the photo etc. to the left en flipped the scatters. I forgot the shadow was already on it. I have to pay attention to that in the future. as long as it's in PSP everything seems ok. You can only see the result when it's on the forum. So next time I will make the outside line of the text heavier a 3 or 4 when I use filled text. Now was it a 2. That scatters were yours. ?

I thought that I submitted this yesterday, but now can't find it. Once again I used the cpjess-minikit golden hour with some additional downloads. The font is Broadway Bold, and the photo is a self taken at the beach in Hilton Head.

Carole, I tried very hard to follow your instructions on shadows for everything except the title which I had to reduce to 5.

Susan (#84552), that is still an impressive photo! You are also right about placing a photo to the left or right. Typically, you want to draw the viewer's gaze toward the center of your project. The same goes for painting and photography in general.

Jannette (#84554), that is what I suspected: a rotation after the shadow was added. It is such a common detail we forget!

Patricia (#84555), did you happen to change or move the image in the gallery? It does not show in the forum anymore. (#84635) This one shows fine, and he is a cutie! Good work.

Donna (#84560), that does have a really "beach-y" feel with that kit! Your shadows are good. With practice, you will see that some elements, like the seashells and the flowers can accommodate even larger shadows as long as the blur is also increased and the opacity slightly lower. It does take practice.

Anne (#84562), that was a cutie of a bunny!

Cindy (#84573), you are getting better and better! I think that your page could use a different title. You don't have to use the same one as in the lesson since you don't have the same photos I use. What would you title that page?

I see we are linking our work in from the Gallery. I wonder if there could also be a link back so we could see, for example, Patricia's credits that are always in the Gallery but not here in the Forum.

Personally, I prefer to post here directly with an image that will enlarge when you click on it. And I put my credits here in the Forum, too.

Here's the new lesson, Day 7 which I titled Goals. The photos are L-R: Great Grand Sonya with her grandfather, Ernie; Great Grand Logan with his dad, Maverick, and Great Grand Magic with her dad, Will.

I tried to stick with the October Palette colors and use textures to enliven them. I created a gradient using three of the colors for the mat behind the photos instead of glitter.

The flowery decor I created from PSP shapes with Inner Bevel effects. The title font is Belisha, and the journaling is Franklin Gothic Demi. The element on the right is a free Autumn Clipart from Corel

Cassel, I can see all my photos in the thread...

I edited my post.. I added that the credits are in the gallery, maybe that is why you could not see it?

Since the image is not linked to the gallery,  can changing something in the gallery affect the post?

I tried linking my image to the gallery, but then my post went missing... (but that was yesterday-not today)

Patricia, the only thing would be if you replaced the image or something like that, which would change the link. I am really not sure why I can't see it as it is also missing if I use a different browser.

As for the credits and such, I'll see if there is a way to connect the image with the post in the gallery. This gallery is new to the site so some things still need to be ironed out. More changes are coming and maybe it will solve that issue.

Cassel, I did not replace the image, I still can see it, I also tried a different browser, to be sure. I still have to go to Microsoft Edge to copy the image to the thread. Evrything else I do in Google Chrome.

I will try to put the image back in the thread by posting it again...

I just deleted the image in my post and then put a new link in... I hope you can see it now!

Ann (#84642) you are welcome to put the information in the forum instead of the gallery. People have been using the forum in this way for many years, but at the same time, it can be a bit tedious to browse through the various threads to get inspiration and ideas, which is why the gallery was added. I am looking at ways to make the best of it, for everyone.

Jannette (#84670), it is neat how you put the birds standing on the edge of the piece of paper!

If you didn't do project #3, you still have a full day to do it tomorrow as #4 will only be posted on Tuesday so take your time, but remember to post!

Project 3 Friendship - I used mostly the kit in the lesson(from Digitalscrapbook.com).  I did make a paper; flood filled with color then added a texture effect (the darker solid paper).  Fonts from Creative Fabrica (likely) are Hamilyn (title) and Hallow Spire (quote).  Photo's of my cat girls not long after we adopted them.  They started out hissing at each other, after two weeks of being kept separate as one was sick.  By the second week this is what they were like.  I wasnt sure if I would like this color scheme, but it's growing on me.

I have been posting the credits in both the forum and the gallery.  I do admit I liked clicking on a layout and seeing it bigger.  I also enjoyed running through the project 3's the gallery tonight.

large.391827337_BCProject3Friendship-600

Project 3 - Friendship

I used some old low resolution  pictures and enlarged them 4 times using a Gigapixel AL program. I found out that I need more experience in coordinating colors for use in scrapbooking.  This bootcamp is a great learning experience. I am learning many things.large.2058693394_AnimalCrackers.-600pixe

To carry on my daughter theme, we love hats, I used three different pictures of us in hats. I used a combination of mini kits from Pixelscrapper-the background papers, the flowers and one of the other elements. The swirl was created using a brush with a glitter fill. The gold dots were from a free download from DealJumbo which has a lot of free items and fonts. The font is called Protocol FF that was also downloaded from DealJumbo. The stripes were created from a PSP pattern, originally blue, but changed in Hue/Saturation. I put a shadow on my title so that it could be more easily read. Also, instead of placing my photos on top of the glitter paper, I put them behind and cut out where they were situated. I then used bevel on the glitter frame that I had made. The journal letters were a little hard to read on the paper that was chosen, so I added an outer glow using the layer styles. BTW, the drop tool works with layer styles bevel, making it much easier to change colors.

Carole, I have started saving the drop shadow settings for the various items and hope I am getting better.