Scrap Bootcamp - October 2022

Cassel

Susan (#84705), you are ok to post the credits in both places. In a way, the gallery and the forum threads are two places where people might browse, and for different reasons. I am glad you created all the papers yourself. Good job.

James (#84709), you are doing a great job with your page. I see that you have different size photos and they are still all the same height without any distortion. That is a sign of a good technique.

Jannette (#84716), great double-page you have now.

Donna (#84719), that outer glow is a great effect to make your text easier to read. And yes, saving presets can be a great time-saver.

Project #4 will be emailed tomorrow. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Hello,

Took me 2 days but got it U/L  :)    I had fun  just really not as good as my membership says I am.  But I wanna be :)

I had fun with Carole's tubes  ghosts and all

and without a lot of tubes

1ST ONE  is all my loving tubes I love to dab,  2nd one was with out a lot of tubes

Day 9 - Project Bees: Mine is celebrating my daughter's 60th birthday. Her cake is rather unique. She is famous for wearing Flip-Flops in all kinds of weather so her cakes celebrates that. (Her sister gave her fur flip-flops for Christmas a year or so ago.)  I'm posting from the Gallery.

Scrap Bootcamp-Project 4-Happy 60 Laurey

Ann oh my gosh your daughters 60, shes Beautiful I thought  she looks like you, but Granddaughter  sorry bout the omg

Just I didn't know your age You look  to me like me or better than me I mean good.  I am not good with words plz

not trying to say but you look 6 is   I am 67  lol my daughter made me stop having birthdays at 42, Every birthday  its 42

I dont care about age or anything so dosent bother me except for some things like my R.A. Parkinsons, all my surgery's

that stuff.    Happy birthday to your Daughter shes Pretty like You.       Hi Corrie, hi Trish Hi all   Hi New People.  :)

Project 4 - Day 9 - Butterfly Heaven

I used some of the supplies in the Jessica Dunn Spring Skies Kit from Pixel Scrappers. Some of which I modified. The Gold Glitter paper also came from Pixel Scrappers and Melo Vrijhof. The angels came from Pixabay and Barely Devi. The small butterflies were from the Paintshop Pro picture tubes collection. My pictures were the best I could find for this project and were probably taken in the 1980s as 35 mm slides. It would probably worked out better with fewer  and larger pictures.small.339084510_Project4-ButterflyHeaven

Cindy (#84739), you are doing better and better. Your shadows are good. I think you still are distorting the pictures to fit them of the same height. Don't worry if they are different widths when you adjust the height... always from a corner node.

Ann (#84745), that is the first time I see a cake in the shape of flip-flops!! That is really cool.

James (#84763), how many photos you use is really up to you. Sometimes, you have more, sometimes you have fewer.

Have we lost a few of our early posters? Are you stuck somewhere? Don't hesitate to ask for help. Also, remember that posting 4 out of 5 projects makes you eligible for the random draw!

My 7 year old grandson, Thomas, loves to draw digitally, so I purchased "Procreate" for my iPad. There is a special folder where I download his pictures and print them for him. (He actually knows more than I do on manipulation.) For this project I used various papers from the kits and papers that I have downloaded (I can never remember which is which.) The spray paint graphic is from "The Good Life Kit". The easel is from deeezy.com and the pencils from a sv learning elements kit. The font is JellyBelly-a free font from deeezey.com. The fourth picture is Thomas' original art. The Procreate logo was a free download.

I have done "Busy Bees" in a prior bootcamp, so I wanted to change it up.

Here is the lesson Busy Bees. but unfortunately, I could not make the zigzag edge. There is something wrong with my settings. It consumes all my PSP time to figure out what's wrong. I have to go further otherwise I miss too many other lessons.

Here is my granddaughter's first dentist visit. Just to get used to it, not she needed any treatment.

Project 4 - Busy Bees.

the photo's are mine from a spent Clematis flower that grows in-between the boards of the fence on my yard and my neighbours yard.  Neither of us know where if came from.  It has really pretty flowers and tries to take over my neighbours lilac.  the little birds like it and the flowers are pretty but we do have to keep under control.  It's a zombie plant; un-killable, it will probably outlive the apocalypse.

All the papers from Digitalscrapbook.com. Dandelion seeds from Creative Fabrica.  Fonts as well: Adam Melda (days of the week), Maheer Bright (Fabulous), The Hunter (Frazzled) and Arial (windows -To)

I built the page mirrored from the sample because the flowers look like they are looking inward instead of outward.  I like the eraser tool exercise.

large.378622107_BCProject4FabuloustoFraz

Thank you, Ann.  Your color combos are always spot on, so this makes me very happy to hear.  They seem to be my go-to colors; Cyan-Blue and it's Yellow-Red compliment, and also Analogous Complimentary and Split Complementary schemes. Okay, I just love all color, all schemes and all color flows.  Yes, they are just like dandelion fluff but much hardier.  I can move them around without them falling apart.  Recently, I was out in an industrial area one night to shoot the moon and there were ginormous ones like dandelions, that come from the really big prickly weeds.  It was a comical sight; me and hubby trying to manage my camera, tripod, camera bag and two of these big fluff balls, traversing over a dark field full of ground hog holes and into the car.  One got home safe the second one suffered some injury.  They are so big I'm not sure I can shoot with enough depth of field to get it all in focus.

Project 5 - Cambodia Mega Kit by Marisa Lerin of Pixelscrappers

Title = sticker edited with inner bevel - button from LF-Choose to Shine.

Clip = Exuberance SG holding an Asterix from the kit's Alpha collection, colorized.

Journaling from a nursery rhyme.

Photo is of Magic, my great granddaughter, taken this month.

Scrap Bootcamp - Project 5 - Delicious

Hi Ann, Love it   your project 5 my 8 are the apple of mine too :)

I just got done with my project, I had fun but couldn't ever find the box where I could get a round rectangle

still cant find so no rounded corners.    Thank You and your Friends who let us use their kits.  :)

Here is tut Concentration,  It's about a plant in my garden. I love it as it is flowering in the wintertime. I gave the little squares and the text a touch of burned edges for more excitement. I made a terrible mistake. I deleted the original text (I made a copy of it and both were vectors.) before changing it to a raster layer,  so I could not change the vector. I don't know if that is normal. I did not file it the normal way. I made a new layer of the text, changed the image to 600 px, and then I could stick the text again in the space. So I found a way out of the misery. I could not find a button in the right color so I have a flower.

Glad to see new projects posted today!

Donna (#84789), I'll look further to see what tablets can use PSP, in case you would like to share that program with him. One little detail about your page is that the stamped bubble wrap is made of ink, so it would have very little shadows if any.

Cindy (#84798), you are doing great. I see that you didn't distort the photos at all. Good work. (#84819) Looking better and better!

Jannette (#84801), maybe we can have a zoom call tomorrow to see why your PSP is not cutting the edge as it should. (#84826) If you cannot find a button in the correct color, you can always colorize one of a different color!

Susan (#84802) those dandelion seeds are perfect for that page. Initially, I thought those photos were of dandelions, until I read your description and looked more closely.

Patricia (#84811), such cute photos. I wish I was still flexible enough to do that too!

Ann (#84817) is that a font or an alpha? It looks great! It is so nice to see Magic grow up!

OH Ann, Thank you

I tried and tried I seen it to on Teachers screen but not on mine Ill go show you It used to be there in back

versions but I bought or my son bought me this 2022 for my birthday and said, I am going to

stop hopping in and out of last 3 and try to learn this one.   And its well Ill be back and

t h a n k YOU  ANN SEEBER  and teacher so much I love being in your report makes me so happy I usedto watch

capt kangeroo and I forgot her name right now on, i forgot that name but the Teacher would look

with a magnifiying glass and call ppls names  I never heard mine :(  but I heard her say how

to hear have her say it, and I asked my mom she said shut up and never asked again, I was lucky

the shut up was the nicest thing from her,  mostly ild get big moose eggs bumps but I really

wanted ?? is it romper room IDK  but i wanted her to say my name LOL... things kids want.    oaky going thank

You Ann Seeber.    And Teacher I always pay attention to what you tell me  I am justs

not good at reading and stuff but keep trying  this time  a few things but I could follow better than ever

before. :) :) :)

Cindy: You appear to be missing a toolbar. Go to VIEW at the top and slide your mouse down to TOOLBARS and be sure TOOLS has a check mark; if not, click on it to activate it. I've had that happen to me, also. Sometimes PSP is weird!

Also, my girls and I used to watch Shari Lewis and Lambchop on Romper Room all the time, right after Captain Kangaroo! :-)

Cassel: Thank you. She is a sturdy little girl. That title is actually an element from the Cambodia kit that Marisa calls a Sticker. I selected the lettering with the Magic Wand and applied inner bevel and it appeared to make it a little 3-dimensional. So, it is not a font or an alpha, either. Here it is in a reduced version.