Calendar Workshop 2023

Cassel

Hi, I have registered but am thinking it may be difficult to keep up during one week but will have a go.

I usually create an annual calendar for personal gifting to friends and family using my own photographs. Each month I try to match a photo of mine to a mindful quote. If I see a quote I like or someone gives me one, I write them down and collect them. So my calendar pages have the dates, 1 large photo and a caption for the quote.

Looking forward to having a go. Thank you again Carole.

It's a damp day here, so I thought I would make a start on the  2023 calendar workshop.  The fonts used will change, as I   don't have any of   my downloaded fonts on this laptop.  The photos were already on the laptop, dating back to 2018.  I used a plain snow scene photo for the background.

Since your pages won't be completed until the end of the workshop, you have different options:

you can post one page you are working on, every day, as it is progressing

you can wait until the very end to post your pages

you can simply comment on what you are doing on that day, but keep the surprise until the end

The tutorials will cover something you can do, every day, on the same page, so don't expect any page to be completed after one or two days (unless you skip the tutorials completely!)

Whatever you choose, let's make sure you don't stay silent for 7 days!

Hello Everyone, haven't been around the last couple months as I have had more health issues which was  a bit unsettling as they were checking for cancer and  I was not motivated to do anything much on computer. Thankfully  biopsy found no cancer.  Thought I would come and give the Calendar workshop a go .

Dawn.

Hi got my email and ready to go!

So excited Hope I can do it going to try 100 percent on it :)       Dawn WTG, Glad your good now,  Welcome back

I been thru that 3 times and surgery to remove some but Ok now.    I was the healthiest kid and didn't do drugs smoke or

ect Take meds.  And I have got a bunch of things happening to me all the time. Right now a Thyroid thing but had a

problem before also.   I am so happy to be here with You all  your the Best Company

<b>Happy to be here going to try H a r d.   I tried the new lab couldn't even get started been trying to</b>

do that for a couple weeks :(    I've only don't one lab  Took me 2 months but did one.   Still trying.

I'm still rummaging through photos and seeing if a theme comes to mind, and if I have enough for that theme.  Might be Wednesday before I get a WIP (work-in-progres) project up.  Mondays and Tuesdays are long days at work.  Not much left in the tank sometimes afterward. But enough energy to see what's happening in the forums.

Nice to see one up already.  yay, Sue!

Pirkko: Carole says we can post as we go along, even unfinished. Here's her suggestions -

"Since your pages won’t be completed until the end of the workshop, you have different options:

you can post one page you are working on, every day, as it is progressing

you can wait until the very end to post your pages

you can simply comment on what you are doing on that day, but keep the surprise until the end

The tutorials will cover something you can do, every day, on the same page, so don’t expect any page to be completed after one or two days (unless you skip the tutorials completely!)

Whatever you choose, let’s make sure you don’t stay silent for 7 days!"

Personally, I'd love to see all 12 templates so I could do each lesson as I go along for 7 days. So far, I've placed photos in the first two and am waiting for ideas about the background, etc.

I think I agree with you Ann, all 12 templates at once would be nice, but on the other hand, for newbies maybe it's a bit overwhelming. But it could also help to add photo's in the templates 12 times, so you remember how to do it better?

I didn't like the two first templates much, it looks like it maybe isn't suitable for the kind of calenders I would like to make. Will have a look at the next two templates now, so maybe I wll change my opinion after seeing those. :)

But still having fun making them ! :)

Monique, the calendars will all be in that same "style". I decided to change it a little after doing the same style for several years to show how something can be different. Of course, if you have done calendars before, you can change the way the dates are in this one with what was included in previous templates (or even make your own).

And yes, giving two templates per day is on purpose. Making it slowly is easier for beginners.

Well, I knew I'd be making changes as I go along. So here are Jan & Feb with backgrounds, pretty much finished except for maybe some journaling somewhere. And here also are March & April with photos and text but no backgrounds yet. All are works in progress. One thing I tried with February was to apply a texture to the background.

To give an impression of what my calendar is going to be like. In the introduction I said that it will be about my trip to the States and one copy will go to the parents in law of my daughter who have visited there too this year. I happen to have a font called USA Nation and I think it will be very fitting here. It's a layered font so the blogpost on that topic comes in handy. When I have a background it will look better then on this gray. But for now that's all, the coming days will be filled with other things. I do hope I will be back soon and in the mean time I'm going to follow what is going on here with all the creations for this calendar. As Carol would say: Have Fun.