Quick Page Workshop - Feb 2022

Cassel

Carole, Monique that storm was really raging ouside, but other then a lot of old leaves on our patio and windows that you cann't look through anymore no damage was done. We are just back from a short walk around the neighbourhood and there are a lot of broken branches from the trees on the ground but nothing major in the vicinity. Trains are still not running or only on some sections. Four people died through falling trees; so we were lucky!

I know I'm slow, but am enjoying it.  Learned about resizing the photos instead of scaling them back with the pick tool.  Interesting.  Playing with the size of the stroke.  Also interesting.  This is a page of one stop on the trip I took with my brother in 2014.  We were doing Route 66 (on his bucket list to get to the glass bridge in Arizona).  Elk City, Oklahoma I had visited with my son and daughter-in-law in 2008 and was so impressed with this small town.

Todays pages.  Two of my fur babies, now passed.  And one artsy one with the gemini in me showing with opposites.  The "angels" are actually Descending not Ascending and the word Ascending is Descending.  What can I say, it's that kind of day.

I really love the pet pages everyone posts.  Who am I kidding, I love photography and enjoy looking at all subjects.

QP-Extra6. Instead of 4 photos I used one in all the frames, otherwise the photos would be to small for my liking. The photo is taken on a exhibition in the Bellevue Art Museum which I visited when I was in the States. I'm looking back to those photos at the moment, because I have dared to book a ticket for the end of April to visit my daughter, son in law and the grandkids. Fingers crossed that all goes to plan. The fancy font is Star Bright.

Monique,

Looks like we had similar ideas for QP4. I used photos of our Lucy for the extra. Happily, she is still with us but she is 13 years old. Other than her arthritic paws, she seems to be doing OK but 13 is pretty old for a Dobi.

Love your babies...both were beautiful and I'm sure gave you much love and pleasure.

Lynda

I continue to be amazed by the creativity of this group. Beautiful work, Everyone! How do we get such different results with the same starting point?

Day 6

Photos from my trail camera. I didn't think I could add text that would enhance this page but Corrie and Anita proved me wrong. Lesson learned. Never assume...try many options first.

Euka,(#71730) I am looking forward to spring, but now, with your photos, it feels like it is coming sooner. (#71739) Your magpies layout reminds me of a YouTube video I watched of a guy who trained magpies to gather bottlecaps. Watch it

Pirkko, (#71732) that sounds lovely. Let's have tea!

Monique, (#71735) those are lovely photos to keep as a memory of those loved fur babies. For the text, you can always add a mat if you want to write some text.

Ann, (#71747) you managed to add the text in a very cohesive way. It is perfect for that layout.

Trish, (#71756) that is a beautiful font you used. What is it?

Mary, (#71761) glad you picked up another trick with PSP.

Lynda, (#717630 I am curious: that page does not look like the QP included in the lesson. Did you find another one? (#71794) You must have worked hard to add that extra photo on the Extra3!

Anne, (#71786) those critters are ok on a layout. I would not be as thrilled if they were in my house. Outside is ok.

Anita, (#71796) is the hat actually on the cat, or was it added on the photo only? (#71821) On your Starry Night layout, did you notice the kerning on the text? You can see, on the double R how they don't connect. If you increase the kerning a bit, you can make that stroke look continuous.

Susan, (#71802) I have to say that the word Ascending is really not obvious if you had not written it in the text. Have you considered only using it like a crossword and having the letters lined up vertically? it would be easier to read.

Mary, (#71806) I see you used another trick to add another photo to your Extra QP4!

Corrie, (#71812) those photos really stand out well on the dark page.

Bonnie, (#71832) did you clone out the little cluster on that black page?

Very interesting video Carole, thanks for the link.  It is amazing what birds can be taught.  The magpies, crows, jays and ravens (all part of the corvidae family) are considered among the most intelligent birds in the world.

I cheated a little and only used 2 photos for this QP.  The title font is Maratre and the are boxes were made with vizros filter.