Bootcamp - January 2022

Cassel

ScrapBootcamp3-800-Title-400x300.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this bootcamp.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer everyone up.

Everyone started as a beginner, so don't ever compare yourself to others. You will learn one tool at the time, one concept at the time and you will create one project at the time. Everyone will have different photos and possibly different supplies so every project will be different.

Once the Bootcamp is started, on January 17th, 2022, you can post your projects in here.

Remember to resize your images to about 600 pixels AND saving in jpg format, before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. Try to follow the tutorials at least enough that we can recognize what lesson you completed.

Now, let's get ready !

If you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announce it (some people are very observant), HERE it is. Share it around if you want.

Although this Bootcamp is mostly meant to help beginners, we won't exclude anyone for "excess experience". Some participants are back for a second round. You are always welcome. Remember that it will be the exact same tutorials so don't be surprised. I am sure you will now do something slightly different than the previous time.

Since anyone can follow the whole Bootcamp using the trial version of PaintShop Pro, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone to give it a try and see how they like the program, so share with your friends who MIGHT consider using PaintShop Pro.

The 7 tutorials will be spaced out over almost 2 weeks. This should make it easier for participants to follow without feeling stressed (it should never be stressful!).

• 4 weeks later...
I have had Paintshop Pro for quite a few years - currently have X9, 2018 and 2021 on my computer (and did have prior to X9, but cannot remember version(s) - but I have not used it a lot. I am looking forward to working with this project - learning some new things. I do find that sometimes I "learn" how to do something but then go onto the next thing. So I will want to try and retry to add these to things I can use every day. Thank you so much for providing this resource and the other things you do.

Hello! I'm gonna do this again, and plan to finish all the pages this time. Often life just gets in the way! My husband had back surgery in Dec, and is not permitted to do much yet, so I have more to do now.  A snowstorm is just beginning here, I will begin plowing soon. Not sure what photos I will be using

My husband and I both had covid in August. My husband had a more difficult time than I did. He got monoclonial antibodies. Cindy, drink water! Take your vitamins! Rest and sleep as much as you need! Praying you will have a speedy recovery.

I found this nut in the driveway...just thought it was unique!

Pirkko, you will have fun in the Bootcamp and I am sure we'll have fun seeing your projects.

Cindy, I hope you take care of yourself.

Susan, "no-theme" is quite alright too! There is no requirement to have a theme.

Liz, welcome to the Campus. Looking forward to your projects.

Mary, I am sure you will showcase some great photos!

R Keizer (is there a first name I can call you by?), you will see how much more you will be able to do with PSP!

Diana, you will discover some great ways to showcase those photos. You will surely connect with Sue who is also taking and showcasing wildlife photos!

Linda, that is an "interesting" photo. My first thought was a pig snout! (maybe I should check my glasses?)

To the newcomers, you will notice that I will be in the forum every day, looking and commenting on your posts. If you have any issues or questions, don't hesitate to post them. I read every single post.

Liz, that is a good question and I THOUGHT it was mentioned in the emails, but it is a great reminder to have here too. The traditional pages for digital scrapbooking are typically 3600x3600 pixels. In these projects, it would be best to have your photos at least 1000x1000 pixels. If they are larger, no problem, you will be able to size them down. If they are smaller, it might yield a blurred result. If you are using photos coming directly from a camera or a phone, they would already be big enough. It is mostly if you had scanned versions of old photos that you MIGHT have smaller images.

Hello everyone,

Wishing Cindy a speedy recovery.

I'm also participating, because even though I've learned a lot here on Campus, I'm still learning something new, and this bootcamp will certainly refresh my memory, and make me rediscover things.

And of course for my first photo I choose a photo of my dog. my best friend.

My workspace : Complete, color Dark grey

Background : Medium grey

Material Palette : as proposed in PSP 2022 an docked

Layers palette : docked

In the menu View, I put de Rulers and Guidlines :on

I don't use the organizer

8k29hn2oqk53kffl892m72b0xlkrt03e.jpg

Hello everyone,   I havent been feeling very creative for a while now and thought joining bootcamp would maybe give a boost that I need.

I have my workspace is the darkest colors I can go on every thing.  I have my layers, material and scripts pallettes are all docked.

This is the pic I will work with on my first page.