Master classes for 2022

Cassel

feedback-600.jpg

Planning 2022, I want to get more ideas from you about what topics you would like to see addressed in our monthly masterclasses.

Some topics that were suggested in the past have already been addressed. If we want to add a different angle on a past topic, that is fine, but it would not be fair to just repeat something already done.

I have some ideas. If you suggest something else, I will add it to this post, provided that it is clear and precise enough.

Would it be a tool/command in PSP that you feel needs more explanation or exploration?

Would it be a type of manipulation that you would like to learn more about?

Would it be another way to create scrapbook projects to showcase photos/stories?

I do have some ideas that include:

using fancy fonts with extra glyphs

photo manipulations

fantasy scene creation

one more class on using Filter Forge effects

more about Advent Calendars styles and ways to make them

and surely another PaintShop Christmas

What else?

I would like to know about the various tools.  I used the push tool in Lab 6 Mod 8 but it wasn't great and I really don't understand it.  Also when you click on the push tool, I see that there are a great many tools in that area that I do not understand.

Also, in creating a shape paper clip, I did not understand how to use the pen tool and the knife tool to pull apart the pieces and push them to a new location.

Marvin, that is an interesting idea. How to make something stand out. Good idea.

Mary, I think there might be a need for more tutorials on using the Pen tool. This could be a specific element to address.

Colin, glad to see that some of those suggestions resonnate with you.

I think more classes or tutorials on how to use the various tools available in PSP. For me, it doesn't do any good to have some of the classes that focus on making something specific if I don't know how to use the tools needed.

I have used the clone and scratch remover but not sure if I'm using them efficiently. I've never tried the object remover. Of all the brushes, the only one I use is the burn brush... I'm not sure about any of the others (like lighten/darken) because if I do use them they don't seem to do what I think they are supposed to do!

I also struggle with the other brushes like chalk, oil, crayon etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I would also like to learn more about the same points as Rene, Corrie and Mary

Photo manipulations and the various tools.

For exemple, I didn't know you could use the brush tool to color in for example, or to use bruches with the eraser tool.

Carole what do you mean by : another way to create scrapbook projects?

Marie-Claire, I was mostly referring to the idea of different styles of scrapbooking, like I showed pocket scrapbooking, and the one with infographics. If someone sees a different style and would like that explored, it could become a class.

• 3 weeks later...
Marie-Claire, I have tried to make sense of the User Defined filter, but the only thing I have been able to achieve is to play with the randomized settings. I have tried to analyze each of the settings, but I found that I would end up with effects similar to what the regular effects will give; a little blur here, a little sharpen here, etc. At this point, I don't have enough information to make any kind of tutorial.

• 3 weeks later...
I have taken notes of various suggestions for classes, from forum posts, Facebook posts, emails, and private messages. One of my post-it notes indicates "Dynamic frames". If you saw that title for a class, what would it mean to you? What would you expect during that class?

As you know I enjoy creating my own frames.  I keep them relatively simple, in order to not overpower the photos within them.  I'm not a fan of ornate frames, like many of the ones in PSP frames.  Here is a screen shot of how  I would interpret  'dynamic frames'  and one of my own simple frames. I suppose my frames could be classed as dynamic, compared to  the very plain framing usually used in scrapbooking.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm asking someone who speaks German.

I like to try some of the workshop instructions (is it the right word) especially the mask from Day 7 in German (it's easier for me). But unfortunately I don't know what command I have to use for (Ctrl-A; select all) oder Ctrl-F; float). New Mask layer or Negative Image is okay, find it in German. Also I don't know what command I have to use for Deselect (Ctrl.+C)

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much Carole for asking us for our ideas

I would very much like to know how to make opaque or transparent plastic textures myself. I have already made a transparent umbrella (not perfect LOL I had forgotten to make the other side that we should have seen, precisely by transparency). But I had used a texture collected on a free site. The problem being that these textures are not always suitable for our project. I really like making titles with the tower like transparent stickers around, but I spend hours on it with lots of tries, and suddenly, I don't know what I did anymore oops (big head but small brains LOL)

Anything that can be transparent: epoxy, glass, crystal, plastic, sticker with transparent border .......... etc.

here is my "not perfect" umbrella LOL

Moreover, is it possible to transform a photo of a living being (head of an animal or even of a human, a turtle...harder of a bird) into a metal object with volume and texture, as on photos.

If yes, I would love to know how...i tried a lot, but never succeeded, even a little bit LOL

Nadine, for the metal elements, you might need a combination of the Embossing and the Chrome effect. Considering that a real 3D effect plays with perspective, it might be hard. I tried to play with something similar when making a coin, like you would see a 3D head on it, but it is not as simple as black and white.

As for transparency, it if often a matter of playing with the Opacity. This might actually be a cool question for the Q&A so I can demonstrate it.

• 1 month later...

Hey, You offer this in the Master Classes -- Customizing your PSP 2018 and I was wondering - would it be time to do a Customizing your PSP 2022?  Or is the 2018 about the same?  I'm still trying to bind my scripts, and by that I mean I'm trying to get serious about doing it, so I am not doing very well. :((

The workspace has not changed THAT much, but after a few years, it might be a good idea to do one... for PSP2023.

If you are having issues with Binding scripts, at what point are you stumped?