December PALETTE Challenge

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

This month, it is Christmas (in case you didn't hear about it!) so I found a simple and pretty traditional color palette that should suite just about any holiday projects. What will you include in your project? You might have some typical elements like a snowman, candy canes, and a tree, but maybe you can think of something less typical?

Can you create a project using these colors?

I used a free image courtesy of Doverpub, used the plugin Alphworks by Sybia to remove the white background and started colouring using many, many layers, at least 150. Thank goodness for Carole's Group Script. Anyhow the colours are very close. I used some shadowing techniques to hopefully show some depth in the right places. Anyway, thanks for looking.

December colour palette challenge. I started out with Blue Jay photos and a plank of wood. Decided to do a shelf. The subway art is one I did previously. Created an envelope using the 2 blue colours in the palette. White is the snow in the photo, and background of the word art. Red and green. My own gift tag. 2 outside elements. Perspective and sheer tools used to generate a 3D effect. Darkening of the colourings below the shelf, to give some shading. I promoted a section of the ribbon above the tag, to nestle the tag into the arrangement, and sheer tool to give a slight leaning effect.

Wonderful pages  Sheila & Minka!

white is for the snow

cut the shopping bag to place the hat inside, move the handles on the baggreen and red and blue for the baubles some elements and some by me , picture is a backingt paper which I ci

ut to fit frame leaving the rest as a backdrop which I faded out and a layer of frosting to give an icy look, both layers over a texture layer all faded in together

For the palette challenge I have made a pin-board (I hope that's the correct English word) with a lot of elements that I made earlier. The two blues and the white are in the Hello Winter flairbutton, the red and green are in the star pins and I changed the colors of my elf name. I used the December Daily again and also the cards and envelope. For the stamps I used a template from Carole with some christmaspictures I have in my stash.