What are you working on (in December 2021)?

Cassel

I used Cassel's Photo Masks script on the photo. The script will keep changing the mask until you are satisfied and when it's done, it gives you the option of saving the mask. I also used her Bow 11 script and added a ribbon beneath it. I used the same texture effect on all the elements except the photos. The font is Melinda Script. As usual, I wanted to work on some details, but time ran out.

First off I want to wish everyone a wonderful day.  I don't comment very often on individual posts, but I truly enjoy all of them and learn something from a lot of them.   --

I have been playing with creating this today.  The animals are from IMG_5581 Card Watercolor-Background-of-Merry-Christmas-19128931 and several others from that group.  I arranged them to my lining and then did a lot of duplicating, cloning, and erasing to try to smooth it out.  The "Believe" is adapted from on of the freebies from Creative Fabrica today. It took quite a while, but I had great fun playing with it.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Sue Thomas for her generosity. <3

I used her triple frame technique to make Musician Performance. The pic is from Pixabay.

For Merry Christmas I used her swash tree.

(For any newbies to the campus, I have a FB gaming group. The game is City Girl Life and it picks a different theme every day.)

Michele what would we do without all the wonderful things Sue is sharing with us and not only the goodies but the ideas and inspiration!!! The triple frame technique is new to me, maybe I have seen it before but at that point I wasn't able to use it, now I will give it a try some day. Both your layouts are lovely.

The Up-to-date calenders 2022 are given as a present and one for our own house on the wall. :)

I've been busy with a birthcard which I can't show , the baby will be born in February. Future parents are satisfied with the result, so now we have to wait till it's born.

I wanted to something creative for myself now.

My youngest son told me to watch Outlander, he binged the series. I knew the books by Diana Gabaldon, but never read them. Well, after a few episodes on Netflix I was hooked and started reading the books, almost finished with book 3.

The story is so wonderful, I had to do something creative with it.  This is the result, it's on my hobbyroom wall now :)

(I noticed after printing I had the february and july pics with English spelling instead of Dutch.....)

MoniqueN. - Handsome calendar; similar to my Downton Abbey. Glad I'm not the only one illustrating a media favorite. Carole send a new Quick Page, which I was glad to see had a mask for the photo insert. Looks much tidier to me. It was my daughter, Debbie's, birthday yesterday so I did the Celebrate for her. I experimented with reproducing the font used on the QP header. It certainly is a colorful layout!

Last days of December and I finally finished (I think so) with Lab 6 Mod 9.  Problems with this module were the wire clip and the overlapped string.  Created 2 star wire clips and one Christmas tree wire clip (that one doesn't work too well).  Was not happy with the overlapped string I was making for the layout, but I made one in blue which was twisted (that I didn't like), and made 3 in gravel texture which I did kind of like and which I finally decided to use in the layout.  Didn't have as much trouble with the flowers, although I think I still need to work on that. All the elements and papers are mine.  I think I got the hang of how to put part of a wire clip behind the paper or picture one is using - I had to go to the Master Class "Hang On" to make it work.  Will go back to that class since it has several different clips to make and use.

Anyway, here is the Lab 6 Mod 9.  Not one of my favorites, however "it is what it is".

I'm also posting my playing with "gravel".  Lynda DiGregor last year used gravel as the frame in one of her layouts and that inspired me to "play" with that.  Did manage to use the inner bevel with the frame and picture.  I do like to take pictures of gravel, pavement, rugs, etc. - anything that might be useful to use as a background.  (works in Video Studio as well).

Monique lovely calendar and I hope the recipients will appreciate all the work that has gone into making them. In the end I printed 7 calendars; 6 were presents and the 7th goes on my own wall and they were all received very well.

Here is my first attempt at the triple frames technique from Sue Thomas that Michele demonstrated so nicely. Sue gave on Facebook an explanation of it. I used a photo shot on a very windy beach some time ago which on its own is rather dull. But with the frames and a couple of seagulls it is something else. It's not perfect yet but at least the horizon is straight. The photo is pasted into the frame on the foreground, the background frame is empty.

My turn: Well, I tried Sue's triple frame technique. Not sure if I did it right but I've been itching to do something with this photo I've had forever. I took it through my windshield. My former town of Warwick has quite a few dairy farms and I think this shot is iconic. I had trouble with the Emboss brush. Didn't get much texture from it.

Edit: Thinking about the heading, it's not really correct. The herd is going out in the meadow for the day after milking.

Helen: I often look at my designs the next day and make changes, even after posting here. Looking at yours, I think I might try adding another layer at the bottom, filling it with white and then reducing the opacity on the busy background paper so the text would show through better. Other than that, a handsome tribute to your parents!