Magazine Challenge 2021

Cassel

Finally finished up with Day 2. Still using paper from Kimeric's A Day at the Beach and Times New Roman font. I did 2 pages; a full page of ads and then a kind of table of contents. I did use the Starlight Luau's logo. But trying to keep the magazine simple.

Here are pages 4 and 5 that face each other. I think the numbering is off on the templates. These are marked 3 and 4 but that is assuming the cover is marked page 1 which it never is. The numbering should start with cover/2/3/4/5. I will probably tweak these some more to bring them into the same design and the other 3. Meanwhile, here are the Twitter Wars!

Edit: I did some tweaking to put these pages more in line with the previous ones.

Here is my day4.  I did make a few adjustments to accommodate the photos I used.  I can also assure you that the blackberries when lined up will  fit perfectly.  :-)     Carole, when I  went to  create the text for today's challenge, I was unable to see the text as I was typing. Only when I  clicked to accept it I could see what I had written.  I closed down  PSP, reopened it, and all  was well all again.  I'm wondering if the  line spacing wasn't anything I did, but something  in PSP  (Text).  Saying that I should have picked  that up, but I didn't.

Here is my day 4 :)

I'm having doubts of the black characters in the title, didn't like green much , the title itself, because it does not cover the load(?), it's not capturing exactly what the article is about, but will change it when we have more pages.

Translation:

"The gardens of Appeltern started long ago with gardener Ben van Ooijen, who made example gardens near his shed to show people what a garden would look

like instead of showing them from paper.

This expanded to what nowadays the gardens of Appeltern is.

You can't only see example gardens, but buy plants, attend workshops, eat,and even weddings and other gatherings are held here.

You can also see old and new coming togeth, as shown here on the photo's.

A tea house, a statue hidden in the green and even an iron tree with discarded garden supplies."

I don't know what I did, but editing my post because the pictures where in the wrong way, my complete post was deleted....

My day 4

I'm not sure about the colour of the title (didn't like green much) and the title itself, because it "does not cover the load(? "), I mean the text is about the beginning of Appeltern and not from classic to modern, but will change later on when I come up with a better title.

Translation:"

The gardens of Appeltern started long ago with gardener Ben van Ooijen, who made example gardens near his shed to show people what a garden would look

like instead of showing them from paper.

This expanded to what nowadays the gardens of Appeltern is.

You can't only see example gardens, but buy plants, attend workshops, eat,and even weddings and other gatherings are held here.

You can also see old and new coming togeth, as shown here on the photo's.

A tea house, a statue hidden in the green and even an iron tree with discarded garden supplies."

Again so many lovely pages are created!

This are my pages for day 4 with the same settings. I adjusted the background gradient to match the photos and I changed the dimensions of the masks for the photos because I wanted a better fit without to much of the rest of the photo. There was a lot of free space on the right page and I couldn't help myself and made another ad celebrating the World Photogaphy Day which is today. This time with my own QR-code and the logo found on the internet. The rest is made up.

In this case the meaning of  "get caught up" is -- to become a part of or get entangled by something. Like in a spiderweb.

"The game" is referring to something you are doing as a game or a childlike activity not part of your "real life" .

It can certainly seem kind of insulting but in this case it means:

I am having so much fun doing something that I am leaving my adult self behind and allowing myself to enjoy the process with fun and passion like a child views the world as a game.

Getting caught up in the game. 

I tried, here on day 4, to add an instructional element to make my woodcraft themed magazine. As this was a two-page project it seemed to fit the occasion. In the process of this project I am learning a lot more about using masks in Paintshop Pro and as a result things are getting easier to transform to my ideas.

Mostly I keep getting great inspiration from all your entries. The variety of styles and topics is terrific.

So many wonderful pages! Too many to mention them all. Minka, I think it is very awesome that you have so much wonderful wildlife living in your backyard! Sue, I love your Kayak Advertisement. Annie, your cover is quite beautiful. I can.t wait to see what you have in store for us on the inside of the magazine.

Thanks, Karon! I loved our trip early this summer to the Northwest. It is such a magnificently beautiful country! I decided to turn Day Three into a two-page spread. We drove the Snowy Range at the beginning of June and there was still an incredible amount of snow. One of the lakes was still frozen over.