What are you working on (in August 2021)?

Cassel

I haven't been here in a while and just thought I'd drop in and see if anyone had posted recently.

Annie that Mangrove Sunrise is simply stunning.  What a wonderful way to showcase that picture.

Michelle, you always amaze me with your showcasing the pic of the day.  I see that you have a dark blue paper under the plaid and that you must have "erased" the 2 side frames.  How did you cut out the text?

Corrie - Love the cards you did in a hurry.  Got me to thinking - I have a freebie mask template that Cassel gave recently and I thought I could use that as a basis for cards horizontal and vertical (since I use both sizes).  So thanks for the inspiration.

Your cards are beautiful.

Thank you, Annie. Once I watched the plaid tutorials in the Campus Creative Scrap section, I realized that it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  I usually have to refer back to the tutorials as I have a lousy memory. lol

Mary, thanks so much for your kind words. I used the magic wand to select the text, then clicked on the plaid layer and hit the delete button. Once I hid the original text vector layer, all you could see was the deleted text on the plaid layer with the blue layer showing through.

Corrie, you are so sweet. I'm glad this is not a competition. Annie's layout is gorgeous. I love the subtlety of your background. I can see just how much work you did on it. It indeed made your pic stand out.

Wonderful page, George. The more you do, the more you learn. I can see that in your work.

Fell in love with this photo; loved the contrast between the blues and the model's bright red hair. I set up guides so I could use a circle selection and get it right in the middle. I used that method to erase the middle circle to frame her. I used that selection technique several more times, but promoted each one to their own layers. I applied inner bevels and little drop shadows on each to more clearly define them. I set up more guides so I could center a circular vector to create the text. I don't know why PSP treats vectors and selections differently in terms of centering them, but I'm sure there's a logical reason. The font is Elsie Swash Caps Black

Hi Cassel, Thank you for letting me in on your 8 secrets. I really appreciate receiving the booklet and there is a fair amount of information of which I was not aware previously. The enclosed photos show the difference made when straightening, cropping and one step photo fix are applied. Thank you so much. There is more to come. George.

Hi Cassel, Thank you for letting me in on your 8 secrets. I really appreciate receiving the booklet and there is a fair amount of information of which I was not aware previously. The enclosed photos show the difference made when straightening, cropping and one step photo fix are applied. Thank you so much. There is more to come. George.

Wow!  what beautiful pages.  What am I working on in very late August (better late than never), is techniques to help me get more comfortable navigating PSP.  I chose Negative Effects from lab 10-7.  Colors are pretty bold but I wanted to really see the contrast.  Cassel, if you look on the "Wave" one it looks like a little white line followed the wave (which I did with the freehand selection set to freehand - just to try it, it was hard controlling it).  Also, a few times I had problems with the text, it wouldn't let me resize it with the handles.  Not sure why or even how I managed to resize it eventually.  The fonts all came from Creative Fabrica.

Annie T ... can't help but laugh at your reason for new glasses.  I am OLDER than you ... so that must be the reason I have about 25 pairs of glasses!   Just teasing you, truly.  I have glasses of just about every color and shape but I don't think I honestly worry about much of anything other tha I guess I just like having a glasses collection.  Good thing my prescription rarely changes!!!

Lovely things to took at everyone.  I like seeing what everyone is doing.  It's very inspiring!

Thank you Michele.  This lab is particularly good for me in learning the two little boxes of color (foreground/background) in the Materials palette.  Because you have two colors going at once I learned when to use the right click or left click of my mouse and which box that was for, and locking the transparency was also new to me.  Now I know what that little lock is for in the Layers palette.  I have a thick head and it takes awhile to drill stuff into it; these labs are fabulous for focusing on one technique at one time.  Also great if you only a small amount of time to play with PSP, these are short and you get the pay off of learning/creating something in that short time.