What are you working on (in August 2021)?

Cassel

Date-08-2021.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in August, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get better quality than on a resized image anyways.

Dare I post my first page in August 2021? I absolutely love these creatures, with their external skeletons, rich in textures and patterns. There is so much I could write about them. They emerge as mini versions of themselves, as they grow they have to molt, shedding their external armour, to make way for a bigger one. I saw an advert on the telly recently, and I just had to copy it. Where the & was intertwined with the other words. I can't even remember what the ad was for. I thought it was kind of cool, and different. All my own work, and photos (macro).

Trying out Cassel's Word Frame 2 script. Logan is turning six months old on Aug 6. The script generated the orange frame at the top and I added the matching one at the bottom. The "kiss" is a tube, the top font is Farmhouse, his name is in Dingo Nursery and the sig is Emelyne.

Edit: I changed the last line; I knew something wasn't right! ;-)

Ann, that looks like an interesting script. Nicely done.

Helen, very nicely done, signature and motivational tags are fun to make. May I make a suggestion? Place the text beneath the flowers, for a more realistic look. Or place the left flower.in the top left corner and tilt the text. Place the bottom right flower flush with the corner.

Lovely little signature strips Helen. Like yourself I am playing with PSP 2022 and so far I am happy. There is a webinar on Saturday 21st August and, unfortunately for me, it is being held AEST 2am - 3am ... I have registered and will definitely have to set an alarm, lol! You can register via the Discovery Centre. ;D

Annie: The email I got from the Discovery Center had that webinar and also had about four separate videos to pursue re: PSP2022. I feel like they've explained all the new features so I'll skip the webinar. Hopefully, you still have their email or can access their website.

This is one I have played around with for the last couple of days.  I love black and white shades with a touch of colour.  The intricate frame is a tube from pngegg, the cluster is by Kate Pertiet, the border left is my own using the font Haus Ethnik Dingbats, the right border is from pngegg (greyscaled), background paper is my own, the font used for the title is Ossellany Script and the melancholy lassie is a tube I have had for quite a while.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

I created 2 things today ... a layout template and a corner cluster sticker.  I am off to bed and will be setting the alarm to make sure I don't miss Cassel's webinar on shadows ... still a bit of a bugbear for me.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;)