Bootcamp - July 2021

Cassel

thank you Cassel.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sue Thomas's work.  I haven't really been a FB person until I joined your FB group.  She is brilliant!  her photography and her layouts are outstanding.  Can you tell I'm a fan?  Pretty much everyone here and on the FB group inspires me.  and I  simply love seeing anyone's photography.  I think I'm in the right place.

The pages being produced are amazing and it is really interesting to see how each day is being presented.  We have the same starting point but go in so many different directions!!  That is the beauty of scrapbooking.

Everything on the pages here I created although the texture on the background and the brown paper doesn't show up much but that is ok. I wasn't sure which background I preferred so I am posting both!  The font is Fugenta Script and the photo is mine taken in Broome West Australia.

Hi everyone! This is my first time with Bootcamp and writing on a forum. It took me a few days to figure out where to chat! Carol was a great help! I love taking photography, specially my 2 whippets dogs, Oslo and Rascal. I have PSP2020 and PSP 2021, my favourite feature is Sea Sky! For the last pass year I did learn editing by myself and playing with all those  interesting features. But, I really need help to learn how to do things and learn to use different feature. I really enjoy seeing all your creations.

Cassel, your day 6 email was like it was written for me!  I constantly open a paper or element to a page, dont like it, then delete.  I thought it was just me as looking at everyone's pages makes me wonder how they get it so right so quickly. I know experience and making many pages is the key too improving.  I started using "hide layer" so I could compare one element or paper over another so I wouldn't have to go back and look for it again.  Kind of like being at the eye doctor when he says, which is clearer, 1 or 2.  I think I will try the duplicate page too.  that might be easier than filling up the layer palette with hidden layers.

Cassel asked me to share where I got the Spring silhouette that I used at the bottom of my Day 5 paper. Than one and the life is to short in the upper left corner are both from Creative Fabrica and I believe they were both one of the daily freebies. There are a lot of nice silhouettes there, but I don't know which ones are free.

Euka They are both lovely, but I like the one withe the light background better. I loved the way you used the different sized cutouts of the flower as an accent. Was that done with a script or perhaps the bubbles thing in PSP?

Hi Joke welcome, I'm from the Netherlands too and there are a number of Dutchie's in the Campus.

This is my project #2. I didn't use a specific kit because I never seem to find one that has all the elements or papers that I want for a certain layout. I make them myself or combine from different kits. Fot my background I used a paper from the kit Naturescape (Pixelscrapper) and looked for 2 suitable papers in my stash. The photo is mine, as always and the flower is a freebie from Chantahlia Design. The herbs were in my stash and I think I got them from Creative Fabrica. Font is Ubertas.

Susan,  I've not long come in from  kayaking, in spite of the smoke and the heat, which is 38c.  I 've had my 3 hr work out.  Anyway,  I'm now sitting here scrolling through the boot camp.  What an inspiration everyone is, with such wonderful  diverse layouts, and  stories. Well done everyone!

I was quite overwhelmed reading  your comment, where in it you mentioned me.  I sincerely hope that I have inspired you, also a huge thank you for your very kind comment on my photography and how I showcase  them.  I must say it takes me longer to  take the photographs, than it does to  present them in a layout.   Many on here will know that I'm  not a scrapbooker.  Primarily, I create  greetings ecards, cards to post home to family and friends, also calendars.  Through the campus I have  learnt countless techniques to use.  I can quite categorically say that you are definitely in the right place to maximise what PSP has  to offer, and implement those techniques is  your  layouts.  We are a small, friendly, helpful, supportive  family.  If it helps I always start with  a photo,  the photo then determines where I go from there.  I like  simple, minimalistic  pages, always keeping the focus on the  subject in the photo.

Dennis, what a difference that makes.  It's nice to see the two versions.  I like how the leaves drape over the corner.

I meant every word Sue.  I have done photography since my black and white developing days of high school (film) and as a mini lab supervisor at Black's Cameras for 7.5 yrs.  I took a break from photography to learn lampworking (making glass beads in the flame), glass fusing and silversmithing.  It took me back to photography to photography pieces and others works.  Now I'm back to having lots of photo's and no way to showcase them.  And being from film processing days I had no clue how to bridge the gap to the digital world until the Scrapbook Bootcamp and the Campus came at the right time.  I feel very lucky this came across my computer.  I think your 3 hour workout is much nicer than my workouts ...that are of the iron variety.  I wasn't a scrapbooker either and wanted a way to present my photography in some way, other than making physical cards.

I do start with a photo.  Finding the right papers/elements that all go well together is the tough part for me.  Like you say, everyone here, is here to share, help and inspire and they do that brilliantly.  I am happy to be a part of this.  Oh, I haven't forgotten about the moth I was going photograph for your identification, busy couple weeks.  hopefully I'll post to FB when I photograph it this weekend.

Cindy, I am so happy to see how far you have come in your layouts! Your layering is correct, your shadows are correct. You are improving one layout at a time!

Euka, those are such pretty flowers. You found a clever way to showcase them in those multiple circles! Simple yet effective! I am not sure which background I like either!

Welcome, Sara. Glad you found the Bootcamp and you will surely learn something and be supported along the way if you have any questions or issues.

Susan, I am glad that tip will help you. Although you see all those finished projects, NOBODY ever does them in one shot without changing their mind. If it looks like that is what I do in the videos, it is because I had already done the layouts FIRST, then, I record the process.

Hi Joke. Welcome to the Bootcamp. It is ok to start late. You will surely have a chance to catch up. There is still more than a week to go. Did you end up eating your sandwich?

Cyndi, great project #2. If I could make a suggestion it would be to tweak the layering of some of your layers. Your photo is on top of a flower, and I think it would stick better if the flower was on top of the photo. It would not cover much, just a tiny piece on the corner. Also, I think that your paint spatters on the bottom seem to be on top of the dark pink paper. If you want them on two different surfaces, you would need to use a little tip explained in this tutorial.

Corrie, good work on that project #2. As you mention, finding the "perfect kit" is often quite tedious, which is why it is so much faster when you are able to create those papers and elements yourself (which is where the DIAMOND membership becomes a huge advantage!).

Dennis, that is much better to showcase that photo!

For all our newcomers (and maybe not so new), did you see where the other members of the Campus are from? Check out this thread, and add your location to the thread, and I will pin it on the map. 

Here is my layout for Day 7. Mine is titled 'Shrooms. The photos are all from HViP and the photographers are: white mushroom photos by Reni Lorray; and in the center: Underside of a mushroom by Isabelle Soule. The background paper is from Pixel Scrappers Feb2016 for the love of coffee. The flower and feather are from the Animal Kingdom kit. The headline font is Glamlips and the text is in Harlow Italic. The plaid paper is my own pattern made from the photo and flower colors.

First off thank you Susan.

And also here is my 3rd project.  I went with the "friend" theme since that was the password lol.   Porthos is friendly with many of the animals in the neighborhood.  One of his favorite friends used to be this tuxedo cat before it moved away. It would always run down the street and boop him with its head and do nuzzles.

Hi All!

When I opened Day 7, my mind went immediately to a get together of some of my dearest longtime friends.

So, I dug out the pictures and here is what I came up with.

I used True Friend from digitalscrapbook.com.  The flower cluster I replicated from one in the kit, as I wanted the more vibrant flower color.  The glitter also came from digitalscrapbook.com as did the pink glitter scatter.  I turned the pink glitter scatter into my heart cutout copying the butterfly effect from this lesson.

I am a fan of "stacked" paper so I made my own using the cluster elements.

The True Friend wordart is from Studio Bethany and my font is The Romantic Absolute Script with a few glyphs inserted.  Thanks for looking!  I am truly enjoying seeing everybody's creations!  You are all awesome!

Pixie

Hello:

My pictures are from a trip to the zoo with my daughter and son-in-law. I could not find a saying or quote I liked about the zoo so I put a saying I enjoy. I had problems with my shadowing, I tried using the same as the video but it didn't look right so I changed the numbers. I hope it looks ok they look a little big to me. The elements I used are from Miz Teeque. Have a great day all.

Janet

Here is my day 7 project 3.  I kept the reddish background paper hidden until the end and worked mainly with the green background.  It was neat to do that because then I could see what background I liked best.  Probably the green one still.  I had some problems with the flood fill procedures and was crazily clicking away and it worked...only i have not idea how it worked.  I'm still unsure about those two boxes in the materials pallet and when you use the top one or the bottom one.  More practice needed when there isnt a deadline. the bottom right corner needs something but I couldnt find anything I liked that would fit my theme.  the fonts are Wide Latin and I used an inner bevel (settings from the cheat sheet - thank you Cassel for the  Basic Scrap Course).  Both background papers and the yellow flower is KMRD Steampunk kit, Green flower is Sahin Designs, Wires and glitter paper Marisa Lerin, light brown paper Digi Dewi, dk brown paper APJess.  All from Pixel Scrapper.

Glass art and wood plinths are a collaboration of Melanie Rowe (all glass) and myself (wood plinths and photography). Goddess quote from Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Ravin, love the fur paper.  Porthos - friend to all, love it.

Neala, how did you get those rounded corners on the glitter paper?  I like your color choices

Janet, this is a beautiful layout, your color sense is inspiring.

Cassel, I linked/merged the photo's and glitter paper because I need to move it over, can they be un-merge to be separate layers again in case I want to tweak them?

Beautiful layouts from everyone.