Bootcamp - July 2021

Cassel

Lunch is ready!  I made a ham sandwich for the darling hubby.  wouldn't you know it, I forgot he doesn't like onions or pickles (unless it's a hamburger; so many rules how's a woman to remember it all?).  I'm impressed he used the cutlery (fork) to carefully pick them off and set them aside.  My spotty internet get going in and out, at first I thought Cassel stopped talking to me.  Before I realize it was my internet provider wasn't talking (I live 5 min from a big city and this is one of the big internet/tv/phone providers - go figure).

I made a mistake when I was resizing and didn't check "all Layers"  (I thought it was always checked, so it pays to check and double check) and when I uploaded I noticed one the pickles was moved and really small.  A head scratcher.  I reopened the PSP file and re-saved and saw what I had done.  I'm still making mistakes and learning.  glad I am running through this class again.

Hi everyone, I am on and figuring out the blog.  Thanks for doing these academies.  After experimenting, I've pretty much stuck with the default workspace.  I've had PSP for a number of years, watch the Discovery Center tutorials, and play around a fair amount.  I'm using PSP 2021 Ultimate.  Attaching a picture that I'll be using....

As it is summer I'm eating at the gardentable and I use a placemat and a napkin too. I alwas have dark bread so I ajusted the sandwich and decided no pickle to day afterall, made myself a cup of coffee and some dessert plus an apple. It turned out to be a festive lunch!

This lunch is an enormous improvement to the first time I did this bootcamp; then I didn't get a sandwich done at all! At that time I had my PSP in Dutch and it only started to work well for me when I changed the language to English!!!

Enjoy!

Hi Hun

I learned how to resize font, tool bar and icons form the unser interface.  Looked and looked for it and could not find it for my sister.  Good to know. Here is my lunch.

Nonie

Here's my sandwich, table and place setting. I added the coffeepot. I flood-filled using a pattern for the tablecloth (and had to add a layer as there wasn't a separate bottom layer). Using the Magic Wand a lot,  I used the chrome effect on the silverware. I duplicated the plate layer and made it smaller with the pick tool for the saucer. I filled the plate and cup/saucer with a pattern and added a drop shadow effect. I filled the cup with a brown gradient. I created the napkin from a small piece of white textured paper and added the page curl effect twice. After I colored the bread to my liking I did an edit/ copy special/merge and pasted it as a layer onto the table. I kept the pickles separate as I don't like them on sandwiches. It was so easy to grab each pickle layer from the original sandwich and slide it over to the table setting!

I was really hungry and thirsty so I added a slice of cheese and more veggies.  I also added a glass for some milk. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about the calories in this one. I considered adding a tablecloth but since this is bootcamp and I had already added the glass, I decided not to.

I'm looking at everyone's lunch and I'm so hungry now.  Anne, the actual joke is me making all these obscure rules.  It's become a game; hubby will forget to put something away and I'll come along and clean it up and then I go tell him the new rule.  I think I am on about rule #4387!  it's all in jest, but we were 20+yrs into the relationship before he informed me he like his grilled cheese sandwich cut corner to corner.  I really like this bootcamp, I learn so much and this time through the Table exercise I felt more comfortable.  <b> </b>Ann S. and Corrie, I am blown away by your table setting and your table.  Maybe that will be me in Bootcamp #46!

Susan, mistakes are often a source of teaching. And with PSP, there is always the Undo command (which is a BIG advantage of digital scrapbooking over traditional scrapbooking). Did you show your sandwich to your husband?

Cristina, glad you had a good lunch. Did you drink something? The cup is all empty already.

Hank, did you download the exercise file? It would likely be easier to work and follow the tutorial using the layers and to practice with the table set.

Neala, you were really hungry to make a club!

Janet, that is a sandwich for someone really hungry. That should last you until dinner?

Corrie, I often see repeat participants add new details every time. Although the table and placemat, and apple are not necessary, they give new ideas to all.

Nonie, did you keep all the ingredients in your sandwich?

Ann, that is the idea of layers: the ease of manipulating them separately. I guess you must like fine china with that pattern on the dishes.

Anne, not only you don't have to worry about the calories, you don't even have to worry about the dishes either!

Cindy, although everyone ended up with big sandwiches, you look like you are on a diet with the tiny sandwich ;)

Anyone who didn't post their sandwich, please do so before eating it! If you have a story to tell about it, it is even more fun. Tomorrow, you will receive the tutorial for the first project. Are you ready? And don't worry, if you just take longer to make your sandwich, you can still post it tomorrow!

Shhhh, Cassel, don't let him know. I liked the sandwich so much and I was soooo hungry, I ate it.  Saved him the calories and since it's a digital dinner I ate the dishes too (getting rid of the evidence).  I should be well versed in UNdo.  Years ago my co-worker and me decided to give ourselves superhero names.  I was Eraser Girl; able to erase peoples mistakes with tone and glare (picture: me standing tall, chest out, hands on hips).  I did use Undo, in fact I should say there is very few times that I haven't used it.

Hi - this will be my 3rd Bootcamp, I decided it was about time to use 2021 which has been sitting idle on my desktop for quite some time now and what better way to break it in than with a Scrapbook Bootcamp!!

It is nice to see some familiar faces/names along with some new ones and I look forward to seeing the pages created.

I hope to use images from Broome in Western Australia.   I have set up my preferences for 2021 including a few additions to the standard toolbar.

Assignment for Day 3: New Kid on the Block

Here is my version with a summer garden along a fence. I used a kit from Pixelscrappers: Rachel Martin-Jessamine Juliet. I used 3 layers of papers for background, each one reduced by 50 pixels to make borders. The photo is from the Hudson Valley in Pictures on Facebook to which I added the white border. The headline text is Bodoni MT Bold and the photo caption is Copperplate Gothic Bold. I cheated and used cass-custom scatters script to create scatters from one of the flowers in the photo. I also applied a LOT of drop shadows. ;-)

Hi hun

I did not receive the email for the class this morning, however my sister sent me the link for the class. I changed my email to a better email with less mail in it and I am just waiting to the conformation email.  Loved the class and here is my lesson tag.

Nonie

I chose scrap elements from Valentinas Creations to create my page.

The Hydrangeas were my mom's favorite flower. She had a "grove" of hydrangea in her front yard kind of enclosing a quiet seating area.  Was always my favorite place to sit with a good book.

Wonderful memories came from that special place.

Thanks for looking!

Pixie