April PALETTE Challenge

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

This month, instead of a COLOR challenge, I am adding more colors for you to play with. So, use this color palette to create combinations of paper designs, different flowers, ribbons, frames. Being from the same palette, those colors SHOULD blend in together, so what will you create, using this palette?

Palette-2021-04-18.jpg

Mine is just kind of a fun one.  Have you ever "talked" a chickadee down to your hand?  It's pretty easy if you are patient and they get to know you.  This isn't a chickadee, but she looks like anybody's face looks -- the first time it works.  LOL  I used the colors given ... a script called art which messes with them a bit, I made the background in the circle with Carole's Airbrushed Paper script using the colors given ... the round frame is Carole's Circular Element script ... and the two different bows are Carole's Bow 16 and Bow 17 scripts.  I might try another in a day or two ... but company tomorrow which I am looking forward to in a big way!  See ya.

Hello Campers.  This is my go at the colour palette challenge.  Corners, balloons, sun and ice-cream are tubes I have had for some time.  The bow was created from Cassel's script Bow#15.  The paint splash is from Pixel Scrappers.  The girl is a tube from kikirou.  The alpha is one I created using the font Oliver.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  :D

Great designs and all so different. I think Ann the time you get the newsletter has to do with the time differences we are in. I get mine mostly on sunday afternoon in my timezone, I'm on GMT+1 (Greenwich MeanTime + 1). I have a time difference with Carole of 6 hours (and with my daughter near Seattle it's 9 hours).

I have been making a card for a dear friend who is having chemotherapie at the moment; I make her one every week! This week I made my card using the colors of this palette and a photo I took the other day of a butterfly that had just purpated and was drying its wings in the sunshine. We call it an Orange Tip (Anthocharis cardamines). My colors are bit more subdued but I didn't want a card so bright. It is a double card and I write something on the inside. I just have to print it now.

Colour palette challenge. I created the frame around the photo using two of the colours. I also used paper templates. The dots was a paper, I coloured them, erased the bulk of them, to fill a void. Of curse through using  inner bevel and texture, it does alter the colours slightly.  After searching through my photos, this photo was one of many of my Pelican photos which had two of the colours from the palette in it.  Hundreds of them  gather at Gardiner Dam, they will move on to their breeding grounds further north, but will return in the Autumn for  about a  month, before making their long migratory journey south. I took this shot  this time last year.  They haven't arrived  yet this year, but they will!

Beautiful work on this page Sue and a beautiful photo of the pelicans. I did not know of the raised vertical plate they develop on their bills in the breeding season. I wonder what the purpose of that is? I shall have to do some exploring my friend, you have inspired me. :D

Annie, thank you ever so much for your very kind comment on  the Pelican page.  These are the American White Pelican. As for the keeled plate on the upper  mandible, I'm afraid I can't give you an answer. Other than, I think it may be an indicator to  the maturity of  the  adult breeding male and female Pelicans.  Non breeding, and immature birds, don't get the plate, and their plumage is tinged with  brown.