Love Story Challenge 2021

Cassel

I have a fondness for the bright and bold artists ... and probably if truth be told more commercial/illustrative art. Probably not news to you! LOL Normally I would NOT have put a lino bg here, but just to show I did the assignment, it's there. The picture is an awesome one by Jack Ward from Unsplash. They have all the things there I would like - water, color, boats and sunny skies! As those photo's never show any roads, I'm not sure how they hike up and down to all those clustered homes?? Anyone been there? Do tell. Mask is there, lino is there and I did use a comic line art script on the homes. Thanks to everyone for such wonderful reading and viewing on EVERYONE'S posts. Really they have all been so awesome and diversified. Love it.

OK - Day 4 - I know I am slow.  Enjoyed this session.  So you can use any object as a mask.  Hm.  Anyway, I did choose a watercolor brush from the freebies and put the picture in the lower right corner.  Played around with white and black brush strokes.  Love putting a background around the picture so you get a better ides of the mask results.  I have to play with picture tubes - I've restrained myself in the other days.  I like putting the date in something so I chose to do it in a circle of leaves.  Had fun.  Masks are becoming easier and I do not have to look at the cheat cheat to remember the previous training for days 1, 2, 3.  Think I will remember this process for using brushes or shapes as masks.

I love seeing everyone's take - I, too, love travel - so have enjoyed the travel pages.  And, yes, I do love children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and have used them in previous pages.  Love seeing your pages as you focus on yours.  The dress group of pages, Barbara, are really good - love the way you have showcased the dress differently in each page.  Love using the old and the new relatives also.

My Day 6 photo is of not only Thomas, but includes his big brother, Phillip. I may go back and do the Love Challenge for Phillip, too. I really wanted to make a translucent frame, but couldn't figure out how to manage it, so I just used a glow snow brush and Eye Candy Glass. I did not use monochrome for the background because I liked how the light green showed without monochrome. The small picture was framed in black with the blend mode "hard light".  I used the watercolor mask technique for the larger picture. Both mom and dad can see the pictures on FB.

I did a large travel challenge last year featuring Acapulco, Mex. but this is another photo from the original trip in 2008. I just love that beach; we'd hang out there all day with beach boys waiting on us hand and foot. I added the pelican photo-bomb! The frame reminds me of a camera lens. The "linoleum" background can be the foam on the waves or the snow at home here now! The font is Mama plus two beachy embellishments.

Well, Minka, the RV is Joe and Laurie's.  They take me along sometimes and this time was in Alabama at a remote mountain RV park - beautiful.  The stars were awesome that night and so awesome that I forgot to get my camera out to take a picture of the night sky.  My travel through the lower 48 was done by car - my Blue Baby and Blue Baby 2 with nights in motels.  Still fun, but the ability to "camp out" with an RV is really great.

I bet, Mary. No matter if you are the owner or a guest, you were still there and got to experience it! I can imagine the night sky was fantastic. Probably way better with the naked eye than a camera anyway! Unless you have one that is geared for night imagery. Plus, it gave you a wonderful subject to make your post about! :)

LOL! Shirl, everyone has to get old sometime and there are a few of us on the Campus that are just a little ahead of the others! Johann was a beautiful and bonnie baby ... I'll bet she even had rosy cheeks ... it was such a thing back then. I can remember mum taking us off to church and just before we went in she would spin me around and pinch my cheeks! Even though I was a little twerp I had to be a rosy cheeked one ... gosh those memories are priceless!

Love Story challenge day 6

Whew.  Once I decided what to use of this one, I spent a bunch of time going back to find my butterfly pictures.  It took quite a while, but that is because I kept looking at to many other pictures that I found too.  All in all it made for a fun day.

Sue, this is a delightful page. What happy little sunflowers. I appreciate how, as a society, we have forged ahead with the use of colours. When I was an early teenager and just beginning to sew my own clothes there were certain colours that were taboo to use together ... blue and green should never be seen! I never really understood that because Mother Earth in her green finery meets Father Sky in his glorious blue. Anyway my friend, your page certainly gives lie to that old adage. ;D

P.S. Thanks very much for your tip about the use of brushes for masks. I had not thought to reduce opacity and hardness etcetera. Much appreciated my friend. <3

Brelan, 12.75-years old, is the oldest of my great-nieces/nephews. The countdown to a full-fledged teenager is well underway.

Font: Aclonica. Smile doodle: Pixelscrapper - Janet Kemp. Frame: Pixelscrapper - Jessica Dunn. Mask: Pixescrapper - Melo

Carole: The distortion technique is cool. I'm trying to figure out how one "accidentally" discovers such a thing, but I guess that is why it is an accident. A happy one.

As always, it is a pleasure to scroll through the posts to admire the projects, enjoy the stories, and learn from the questions.