Love Story Challenge 2021

Cassel

Ann, although I am not 100% certain, I suspect that the mask you created for that bottom left photo was not completely black to start with, and it is showing as partially opaque, making the background paper show through. If that is the case, the white part of the mask will be slightly grey instead of being white. Check that.

Here is my Day 1

Credits:

Alinamaria: template, but I tweaked it a bit to fit my needs.

Kristin Aagard: background paper  "Great Outdoors" pattern 2 -- Border Stitch Jul17 CCM

Cassel: Alpha-Maker Sample (Alpha-Maker Script 2020Jun) -- Lifted Photo Script

PBS-Escale amoureuse- Talie - elt2

I love how those pages are all minimally decorated, and they really tell a story. For anyone thinking that creating a scrapbook page is always a long and tedious project, you can see that it does not have to be! Keep those going. I'll be back later today.

Here is my day 2.  The mask was a photoshop mask.  The photo is one of my own take a while ago as the moon was setting behind the trees.  Appropriate word art. Corner swirl is a font. moon element found on the net. The stars is a brush done on a separate layer, using the  BV palette. Text on a curve.  These are my kind of layouts.

Many more wonderful pages posted since I popped in yesterday afternoon.  Well done, hope you are all having fun.

Here is my day 2 with the template Carole gave us the link to. The photos are from Ed Frampton of The Hudson Valley in Pictures.. he's a wizard! The main font is Wide Latin and I made the matching plaid background following Carole's directions. Three black vultures at different stages of life.. the young fledgling is quite striking!

This image is my first attempt at Love, Day 1. It has pictures of my grandson, Thomas. The block name "Thomas" was created by me some time ago using another program for a birthday card. The background was from the kit, but I darkened it use curves(I was trying to make it yellow, but didn't succeed). So instead, I added a yellow border. I'm a terrible grandmother and couldn't remember the year he was born, so I just put the date.

Thanks dear Sue, always appreciated and you are very welcome. I have often wondered why the tropics seem to have an excess of colourful birds. Every country has beautiful colourful birds but the tropics seem to have an abundance of them. There must be a reason for this ... I think I had better Google! :D

Years ago, my husband and I along with another couple and ALL OUR KIDS would go wilderness camping in Maine. It was all paper mill land and we could only drive in so far and from there we had to park and hike. One of our favorite spots was Second Roach Pond. We carted everything in - and everything out. Folks with the smallest hands had the lightest loads - but they still had to help. We saw wildlife galore. The mornings and evenings were to die for. The bird calls were awesome and so was the fishing. Now these pictures are what we would have seen ... but they aren't really there. These pictures are all of stuffed animals on display at the awesome Cabella's store in Scarborough, Maine. A display of monumental proportions! Almost like being there. Too bad the animals aren't. :(

Ann: I have a special place in my heart for vultures. In Miami, I worked downtown, surrounded by high rises. Every year at the same time, the turkey vultures would return to circle around the top of the buildings.

One morning, a co-worker squealed with delight. "Christmas is coming. The turkey vultures are here!"

Some areas mark the change of seasons by the weather. In Miami, there is a different kind of signal of change.

Day 2 - Noah.

Noah turned three in December but has already started announcing that he will soon be four. Since he lives in Texas (we are in Alabama), we don't get to see him more than once or twice a year.

The plaid effect is a great tool. I tried several versions before realizing that I could either keep going or cook dinner. Mother was getting hungry, so the latter won out.

Bull Dog element - Pixabay; Font - The Rollingstone