What are you working on (in January 2021)?

Cassel

Thank you, Val, Annie, Lynda, Christina and Ann. Yes. Henri was adorable and provided a ton of great memories. Thank you for your encouragement. I was reading Carole's note this morning about her snow and then decided to play with the circle doodle instructions. I've played with those vectors and circles a lot and I think I enjoy them the most when I have idle time. Today, I used the circle doodle and her snow seeing as how we don't have any down here, thank goodness. Fortunately, the birds stayed out of it. LOL

Did anyone besides me get today's Discovery version from Corel about things to try? Well, I always take a look to see what they are tooting. One of today's was Selective Focus ... which I never played with. I didn't want to make a town look cartoony ... but I did use it on a deer that I snagged off a you tube video. It really worked in focusing on her and not the forest behind her. I guess I will play with that a little more. I should have made the bar just a dab higher as I can see the very tip of her ears got snared into the blur ... but she won't mind. She can still hear. She was pretty anyway, but using that effect really did make her pop out. Sending both to compare.

Me again ... still whiling away some time waiting on a couple of deliveries to be made. Naturally, they cannot give you a small window of time ... their window is ALL DAY until 9pm! I hope they come before then as I am usually zzzzzzing by then! LOL I find myself playing with another of the things in today's email from Carole. The Laplacien Enhanced plug-in. I did see that it was a 32bit and I am running 64 ... but I do keep an older version of PSP just for these occasions :) So I loaded it there per the instructions and can see that it will be very useful. Sending both versions so you can compare. You will undoubtedly see which one is enhanced. Have you ever seen such a beautiful subway system? You know, I have never lived in a city with a subway system. Rode a lot of them in travel ... but none where I have ever lived. Not sure it would be my favorite mode of transportation even if I did have one ... but if they looked like this, I would give it a try for sure.

Lynda ... I can assure you the rest of the world is breathing a huge sigh of relief, lol! There was always an air of uncertainty while Donald was around. But, for the last 4 years, I have been greatly entertained by Donny boy's antics and will surely miss that, ROTFL! For now though, I am counting America's blessings and on top of the list are Joe and Kamela. Well done my friend and all the very best. <3

Still sitting here playing ... and my packages finally arrived. 8:44 pm. But while I waited, I played with Carole's freebie Year in Review. I didn't have much I really wanted to remember in detail of 2020 ... so I played with photos from the USCGC Eagle. Interesting history that ship has. I've been lucky enough to tour it many times ... but didn't realize it's colorful past until recently. Still ... an amazing arena for cadets to learn first hand every skill necessary to be on the sea.

Lynda, thank you for commenting on my layout. As Michele said, my confidence can always use a boost. : )

Certainly, it will not be an easy task, and I do wish all the success for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris's government. This is important not only for the USA but also all the world. : )

Hello Campus Friends.  I worked on this one today because I found this lovely photo of Tawny Frogmouths.  They are not owls being more closely related to the nightjar family.  They are native to Australia and Tasmania and are the masters of camouflage.  They are amazing birds that mate for life and can grieve for up to two years if they lose their mate.  There were 4 of them on the branch but I wanted to use this layout so I cut one out.  We have quite a few residing around this area of town.  The scrap kit is by Gina Jones from Pixel Scrappers, the layout is one of Jodi Watson's from DigitalDesignsByJodi and the title font is Batik Deco.  The most fun I had with this project was putting the clusters together ... lots of playing around with layers and shadows!  Thanks for takin a peek!  ;D

Anne ... That Tawny Frogmouth entry is awesome! I've never even heard of that bird but looking at them I can see why they might be a master of disguise. You displayed it so beautifully ... dramatic but whimsical at the same time. Hard to do! Loved it!

I had made the initial scrapbook image for Christmas but changed the color of the background, took out some plants, added the 2 rose elements and have been working with animation after Annie gave me the website. The only other program that is necessary is JASC Animation Shop Version 3.11. I could download the 3.05 version without any problems but each time I tried to find 3.11 it would take me to the Corel Website. I think that program,, JASC has been replaced by Photomirage? I had to resize the scrapbook image to begin. I made the banner with animation separately and copied and pasted it. It has to be a gif file. The animation is explained in Arasimages.com using Noise on 3 different layers, each with different amounts, copied into JASC animation Shop with the total file saved again as a .gif file. This is the result and I have Annie to thank. She was right, this can be addicting. It took several attempts to get the size down and still see the "movement".

Finished my latest Bootcamp assignment; a tribute to my granddaughter, Anna Lee, for her steadfast work at her hospital fighting Covid-19. She works there as a Speech Language Pathologist ordinarily but has been recruited to care for Covid patients due to the facility being overwhelmed there in California. Anna gets snarky about following the "rules" to defeat the pandemic as she sees the results of the virus firsthand.

I found this kit: DC-Emergency Hospital which is not up to the standards of the usual kits we use but I needed specialized elements. The papers in the kit are only 800x800 but I did use the red one on my design. The Thank You art is from a Google search and is from the White Ribbon initiative to thank healthcare workers. The bottom photo of Anna has her holding a list of protocols but it was actually a drink cup with a straw that I operated on and added a big tag from my stash.

Minka, I have the Laplacian Enhanched also installed, but I could install it as a 64bit using Edge and it works perfectly. I have the latest update from Microsoft. Your use of the plugin is great, I have still to start playing with it.

Annie, Cristina, Ann you all created lovely pages! I spend a lot of time this evening going through everything, so I sure am forgetting some to mention.

Lynda, I have been following yesterdays proceedings on the television for as long as I could stay awake (through the time difference the inauguration started over here at 5 pm). My daughter and her family live in the States so it is extra important to me what is happening there and it is very hopeful to see change coming!

Corrie,

Agreed...I've been listening to President Biden and it seems he has hit the ground running. Trying to get the virus in hand, The World Health Organization and the Climate Agreement, etc, etc. Seems the World leaders are also breathing a sign of relief. President Biden and Vice President Harris (love that) have a high hill to climb but I have faith. I am hoping trump will answer for his high crimes and misdemeanors but who knows? I just want sanity!

Thanks so much Minka, really appreciate your compliment my friend. Don't worry about missing the i in Annie. My birth certificate states Anne Marie. When I was little it kinda went like this- If my name was called out as Annie then someone was tickled pink with me, if I was called Anna then I was really in good favour, but if I was called Anne Marie there was likely a swat coming up, lol! All in the name!