What are you working on (in December 2020)?

Cassel

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  I posted this a couple of hours ago but it has not shown up so I am posting again ... now 2 will probably appear ... isn't that the way of it?  I just wanted to say thanks to Sue for the beautiful wordart.  Fingers crossed this time ... Thanks for takin a peek!  :D

You are most welcome Annie.  I love what you did with the wordart.   Steven also used my word art, and posted  on facebook.  Your page is beautiful, with your character  showing through. Lively.  I wish with  you a  Happy, healthy, safe and creative  new year my friend. Let the  fun of  creating awesome pages continue  into 2021.

I felt I had to end 2020 with a page which included a bird photo. A shot took the other day. The majority of Robins migrate south to warmer climes. Although there are some that decide to stay, and they do ok in a Canadian winter.  I added the background photo if anyone would like to download it to use.  You'll find it  in the Facebook page.

Best of wishes to all of you at the Campus.  May all your New Year's be slated with good things, health and prosperity.  Probably most of us will be ringing in the new year in a more solitary way ... but it still is a New Year.  Hopefully will bring new Hope.  Be well.

Thank you Annie, I treated myself to this very nice corner flowerpunches from Carole as well as the maskmaker script! I think I will use those often. Espacially the maskmaker script because I'm no good with extractions, my hand is to shaky for that. But with this script I can get round it! Your page is also very nice with the wordart from Sue. I have downloaded it, maybe for use in the next year. I'm finished now with all the christmas and new year cards and so on. I look forward to new projects!

Corrie, I have all of Carole's corner punches, and they get used a lot.  I'm sure you'll be visiting  the store  again to get more of them.  I used the snowflake corner punches in my  Robin project the other day by using the eraser tool.

Lots of great projects have been posted in  the past  couple of days.  Great work everyone.

Cristina, Happy New Year to you too my friend.

A beautiful photo Sue and you have showcased it amazingly. Well done my friend. I always look forward to sharing my morning cuppa with your projects ... gives me a buzz for the day, ;D

I wish you all the very best for this year dear Sue. Your love of photography and the end results reflect where your heart is at. So ... may there be many amazing photo shoots ahead for you my friend and may the joy it gives you know no bounds. :)

Thanks very much dear Cristina. Here in Australia we are into our 3rd day of January 2021 and the news from around the world is as daunting as it has been for the past 9 months. Queensland appears to be faring very well but NSW and Victoria are copping a hammering with COVID. I guess we can't expect an instant change just because the calendar has rolled over ... silliness really. Maybe we just need to go with the flow and find new avenues of coping ... it is the technological age after all. Much love sweet Cristina and may 2021 be a year of pleasant and unexpected surprises for you and yours. ;D

Ann, a beautiful and heartfelt letter from Neil. The sentiments stirred my heart. The page you created is so very simple and mightily effective. Well done my friend. I love all your pages and your improvement since you landed on this stage is worthy of an Oscar. I wish for you and yours all the best that this year can offer and may the kindness in your heart be reciprocated by all who come in contact with you. I know I have felt it, thank you. ;D

Thanks dear Minka. You have created a lovely NY page and it would appear that time is of the essence! May 2021 be a kind year for you and yours my friend. I think that as we adjust to this unexpected change we may surprise ourselves with our underlying capabilities. I wish for you a year ahead of love, laughter and unexpected delights. ;D

Dear Corrie, I hear what you are saying and undoubtedly Carole will have some cool projects in store for us. I wish for you and yours a wonderful year ahead. It may not be all that you had hoped for but you are an artist my friend and that means you are very adaptable. Exploring those capabilities within yourself may be all that you need to bring forth the happiness, love, and peace that you deserve my dear friend. Much love. ;D

Masks in PSP are wonderful things.  Usually if I want an image to blend into the background I will do a misted tube, pixel range of feathering depends on how far out I wish to extend and how much of the image I want to retain.  I have been playing with Cassel's Maskmaker Script and it is wonderful.  I also discovered that a mask can make a grungy and funky frame.  In this example I have used white as the frame colour but that will obviously be a personal choice.  I did the select all, float, defloat on the masked image and then extended the selection by 50 pixels ... again a personal choice ... then added a new raster layer under the image and flood filled with the white.  I like the effect but there is always room for improvement.

Great webinar this morning Carole, thank you ... lots to take in and put to good use.  ;D

P.S.  The image is from Unsplash and is of the Cassowary ... a large flightless bird from North Queensland ... and yes, you had better be wary as they are a dangerous bird.  :-(

This one is because I wanted to create a funky background using overlays ... of which, I have hundreds.  It doesn't seem to matter how many I have I still want to create more!  The image of the rose was a freebie on the web which I masked with my own mask.  I then selected and extended the selection to 50 pixels, added a new layer below the image, flood filled, deselected and then added a gaussian blur.  The smaller rose and the one below the main image were created from scripts.  The doily/lace I created a long time ago following a tutorial for anniversary lace.  It was created by using a corner and the kaleidoscope tool I think.  The poem is by Hafiz a Persian poet born in the 14th century  The part I did not create is the ribbon side border which is a tube I have had forever from bld_pam???  Thanks for takin a peek!

Happy New Year

Sue T: The blue jay page is gorgeous. I love how you did insert and had the birds look at each other.

Ann S: What a great New Year's thought. I enjoyed the stars in the background photo.

Annie T: Thanks for showing how you used mask with the Cassowary. Your roses are beautiful. Did you write the script yourself? The roses it made are great.

Still working on the Lab lessons!