What are you working on (in October 2020)?

Cassel

Hi Ann,

I really liked your gallery so I took a shot at it myself. I don't have any beautiful babies so I used my flowers. I tried to make a template out of the gallery but it was really hard to get a clean selection in order to make the templates. The tulips are on the template. They are somewhat ragged around the edges The random flowers are just put onto the designated picture areas.

Of course the template is at Freepik:  Background vector created by starline - www.freepik.com

Ann... Thanks for the inspiring words. Yes, the cogs were Lesson 2 from Lab 5 Module 12. I really enjoyed making them. I recently found out that my Sunflower, AL layout needs to be changed, the picture was taken in Elberta, AL. Silly me, should have asked first. Wow on the Mudfest; both the photo and the layout. I think it is wonderful that you are using what you learn here to use in your occupation. And how cool to have your own drive-in. They have mostly gone the way of the past so it is nice to see some are still around.

Michele... I always enjoy seeing what the Fabulous Divas are up to. They all look great, but my favorite has to be Fashionably Formal.

Sue... Just adore the deermouse card. The photo is so perfect and you have done a fabulous job on the framing. The read on the chipmunks layout is so interesting. You are so right about the torn edges giving it a rustic look (and maybe a little of chipmunk nibbles). How wonderful that you can do so much and not have to reference the scrap section of the Campus. Love the bee layout. My sister and bil have 3 hives and they are constantly a miracle to watch. Great job on the bird within the B.

Cristina... Take care and hopefully we will be seeing your beautiful work soon.

Natalie... Awesome Thanksgiving page. The photo is stunning and the colors you used for the paper, frame and elements make the blues and reds in the photo pop.

Lynda... Am loving your gallery pages. The photos are astonding and work so well with the template.

It's the 5 year anniversary of Eve's adoption, aka Gotcha Day! I did a pretty little layout showing her then and now. Nothing really fancy, just showcasing her photos. The photo on the right where she's on my shoulder was more or less a kittie selfie! My iPhone XS has a Portrait mode and you can choose the light level so this is Stage Light.

I did a complete revision of my EVE layout and am now happy.. swapped the photos so they face inward, added a paper strip behind the journaling but had trouble with the jagged border. Added a brad to tie down the photos and a white border that I buttonized.

Carole Cassel? I seem to recall using the eraser tool set to 45 degrees to create the jagged border. Clicking on one corner and holding down the shift key when touching the opposite corner. It didn't work for me in PSP2021! In fact, it erased the entire edge of the paper without any cutouts. I ended up clicking for each diamond all along the edge of the paper. What did I do wrong?

I decided to look up Jellicle Cats. Here's the definition: The name "Jellicle" comes from an unpublished poem by Eliot entitled "Pollicle Dogs and Jellicle Cats", where "Pollicle dogs" is a corruption of "poor little dogs" and "Jellicle cats" of "dear little cats".

=^..^=

Lynda Nice work on the dingbats and I love your layout!

Michele Nice to have you back.  To me there is nothing worse than having to start over with a laptop and reload every thing,  Wishing you luck with that.

Ann I really like your layout! You have a beautiful cat she looks absolutely precious.

Halloween in the Netherlands is not such a big event as in America, but it is becoming more and more popular these days. So I have no photos about it, but I have on of my granddaughter dressed up as a witch and used that one to try to make a LO about halloween. I had to search for all the elements I wanted to use, luckily there are several picture tubes! I made the frame from a paper with a radial blur and gave the moon a spooky glow (thanks to the lights challenge I know how). The font is Brush King. Perhaps it is a bit early but the Up-To-Date Challenge is coming up and I'm a rather slow scrapper, so here it is.

I had visitors yesterday,  one  was passing through the yard, while others were flying over.  I heard the song by the Moody Blues on the radio, which  prompted me to  create this page. I framed the  handsome  buck, extracted the cranes, duplicated the 2 middle ones.  I thought the  lyrics of this song  was appropriate for my  mood, and  the season that we  are in.  Winters are long and brutally cold, so flying south  with  the migratory birds is something  I often wish I could do.

Corrie  This weeks Discovery Center newsletter has a tutorial for Halloween with a link for Clip Art.

Search Corel Discovery Center and in the web sites search box enter Haunted House Collage  this will link to the tutorial and here you can download the sample images (that include the Clip Art) for the tutorial

Each week the newsletter (also covering other Corel products) has tutorials and usually a free-be. If you want to receive it each week there is a link at the bottom of the page to request it.

I have a lot going on right now and my mojo is dead. I finally finished a layout tonight. I have begun many but have been able to complete only one.

In 2014 I visited South Carolina, my home. While there some of my pickleball friends came to play in a tournament and I took them to dinner at my favorite place, Maurice's Piggie Park Bar-b-que. The sauce is mustard based and marketed as Carolina Gold. My friends enjoyed their dinner and headed up the road back to Virginia.

I used a template by Connie Prince at Gingerscraps.

OMG Lynda... I love, love what you did with the dingbats. So very cool. Your layout is so very Halloweeny. Who says you need kids to enjoy the holiday, right?

Ann... Enthralled with your little Eve. Our tuxedo passed away at the start of the pandemic. He and I had a love/hate relationship; but I still miss him so much. I think both of the layouts look great. Interesting info on Jellicle cats. Always enjoy learning new things. And fantastic picture. Adam is so very handsome. It's a shame that black cats are the last to be adopted. That would be my first pick.

Corrie... Awesome layout. Your granddaughter is adorable. You did a great job on the glow on the moon. It really sets the mode.

Sue... Great extraction on the cranes and really liked how you framed the pronghorn.

Bonnie... Judging from your layout I would never have guessed you lost your mojo. It is wonderful. If not to personal can I ask where in SC? I have a son in Hartsville and an uncle in Seneca.