October 1-2-3 Challenge (2024)

Cassel

spacer.png

Let's make things a little fun for you. Are you looking for ways to spark your creativity and still create something meaningful? This will be a fairly regular challenge for you. Every time, you will be given instructions to use 1, 2, and 3 of something. Would that be more than you usually use? or less? Let's see. Create a layout using :

• 1 folded corner
  • 2 Polaroid frames
  • 3 glittered elements

You can create those elements or use what you currently have in your stash. Showcase any photo, use any template (if you want). Just make sure you include the required elements.

ORANGE YOU GLAD IT'S FALL? Folded paper, Polaroid frames and glitter leaves and word art from Merisa Lerin. Corel fall overlays are freebies this week. Font used is Segoe Script. I got most everything on Digitalscrapbooking.com as daily freebies today. The photos are by Chuck Calio on the Hudson Valley in Pictures Gallery. 

2024 OCT 1-2-3 GLAD IT'S FALL_forum.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

ORANGE YOU GLAD IT'S FALL! Folded paper, Polaroid frames and glitter leaves and word art from Merisa Lerin. Corel fall overlays are freebies this week. Font used is Segoe Script. I got most everything on Digitalscrapbooking.com as daily freebies today. The photos are by Chuck Calio on the Hudson Valley in Pictures Gallery. 

2024 OCT 1-2-3 GLAD IT'S FALL_forum.jpg

That folded paper looks real enough to touch!

• Like 2

I must say I'm most definately not a glittery person. I rarely use glitter in my layouts.  Saying that I turned my paperclip I created some time ago into a gold glittery one.  The leafy elements I turned into a soft glitter, along with the  wording.  It is glittery, as I used the glitter 2 tutorial from the creative scrap, but  toned it  down somewhat.  All my own work.  1 folded corner on a polaroid photo. For the papers I  applied textures and blend modes,  after selecting colours from the photo. 

Autumn.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I must say I'm most definately not a glittery person. I rarely use glitter in my layouts.  Saying that I turned my paperclip I created some time ago into a gold glittery one.  The leafy elements I turned into a soft glitter, along with the  wording.  It is glittery, as I used the glitter 2 tutorial from the creative scrap, but  toned it  down somewhat.  All my own work.  1 folded corner on a polaroid photo. For the papers I  applied textures and blend modes,  after selecting colours from the photo. 

Autumn.jpg

Well, you did a fine job of this challenge and kept true to your style. I am struggling with the whole thing. Glitter is not in my repertoire either. I have started and discarded a few layouts already. (Love the pix and the paperclip.)

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Well, you did a fine job of this challenge and kept true to your style. I am struggling with the whole thing. Glitter is not in my repertoire either. I have started and discarded a few layouts already. (Love the pix and the paperclip.)

I appreciate that Julie. If it's  of any help to you, I  always start by putting the  photos onto a bank page. In this  case the polaroid images. From there  I  create the papers. The size, shape, placement  and number of the papers will be taken into account, of  where the text, journal, title and so on will go. Elements are more often than not created and placed last. Quite often rule of thirds play a part in the initial layout. Direction of a bird, mammal insect in which it is facing, is also important. I suppose, it's  my eye that determines the layout I  go with. Maintaining  a balanced minimalistic layout is what I  aim for.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

Here is my attempt.  Papers PBS-Escale amoureuse- Talie and Flolinette-PBS-EscaleAmoureuse. Rest is original and off the internet.  

large.123challengeoctober.jpg.37dd6225edb881b1303713c9fe0cc91a.jpg

Nice work Daniel. It isn't  my intention to knit pick, but it asks  for a folded corner, and not a lifted corner. 😉 I believe there  is a tutorial in the creative scrap, on folded  corners.

My daughter just sent me photos of some of the mushrooms that see saw on a walk in a Fredericksburg park. The background is called Wood Art from FF. the folded paper is one of mine with a mushroom background created in AI and blended. The big mushroom in the center is from Adobe Express AI. The title was also created in Adobe Express, imported into PSP where I converted it to a vector using the selection to path script so that I could add a glittered stroke with a layer style. I used a star sparkly brush to create the glitters. I used Carole's polaroid lab video to create the polaroid frames. The rusty nails are from Canva. I love glitter, and the stars brushes are great for creating scatters.

dsmushrooms600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I did another one. I've been collecting fog photos and just recently got a river fog mini kit from Jessica Dunn. I used Segoe Script and Learning Curve fonts. The stars are glitter, colorized.

OCT 1-2-3 FOG_forum.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
re-arranged the photos / fixed date
  • Love 1

And here is mine and I am not so fond of glitters either! But I have managed to make 3. I used a background from the recent ACD freebie template because it goes nicely with what I had in mind. I already had polaroid frames and because of the background and my photos I made leaves confetti from a photo with cass-Custom Confetti script; the new script from this week would have come in handy, but that is on my wish list for now. I have used the same extracted leaf to make a frame around my text and used it again to make 3 glitter leaves. The folded corner is done with cass-Folded Corner script, after I had to ask Carole why my script wasn't working as expected. It happened to be one of the older scripts that doesn't work in the more recent versions of PSP. So if anyone has a problem with that, there is a new script, thank you Carole. Of course I know how to make a folded corner manually but I still have some problems with my eyesight and those very precise actions are still difficult for me at the moment. Besides that I have the script to use it!

1-2-3-Challenge-oct.2024-600.jpg

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

I didn't realize.  Taking it down again.  Will repost after I get it figured out.

9 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

And here is mine and I am not so fond of glitters either! But I have managed to make 3. I used a background from the recent ACD freebie template because it goes nicely with what I had in mind. I already had polaroid frames and because of the background and my photos I made leaves confetti from a photo with cass-Custom Confetti script; the new script from this week would have come in handy, but that is on my wish list for now. I have used the same extracted leaf to make a frame around my text and used it again to make 3 glitter leaves. The folded corner is done with cass-Folded Corner script, after I had to ask Carole why my script wasn't working as expected. It happened to be one of the older scripts that doesn't work in the more recent versions of PSP. So if anyone has a problem with that, there is a new script, thank you Carole. Of course I know how to make a folded corner manually but I still have some problems with my eyesight and those very precise actions are still difficult for me at the moment. Besides that I have the script to use it!

1-2-3-Challenge-oct.2024-600.jpg

Autumnal themes are always most delightful, their colours  alone adorn any layout. Looking at your folded corner, I  should have used a different colour, in order  for it to stand out more. I did use a reverse  shadow, but with the compression  of the page, it isn't evident.

1 hour ago, Daniel Hess said:

I didn't realize.  Taking it down again.  Will repost after I get it figured out.

Keeping you on your toes!  😉At least you may get to learn a new technique.  Have fun, as that is what we are all about, whilst  showcasing our photos in a creative way.

6 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Autumnal themes are always most delightful, their colours  alone adorn any layout. Looking at your folded corner, I  should have used a different colour, in order  for it to stand out more. I did use a reverse  shadow, but with the compression  of the page, it isn't evident.

Thank you, but I'm happy with this color. I tried others but those didn't do it for me. Of course when it comes to colors it always is a personal preference. However the reverse shadow is missing.