October Theme Challenge - TOURIST SPOTS

Cassel

Theme-Adventure

The theme for October is TOURIST SPOTS. I am sure you have visited at least ONE of those in your lifetime. And what about spots that might not be a "known"? Maybe there is one spot in your hometown? Do you have pictures or stories about it? Or maybe you did visit one of those "tourist locations"?

Remember that you can also share older layouts you already made. You don't have to create a brand new one!

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

In 2013 I took a 2 week vacation where I spent a week in North Carolina with my dad then went to Orlando and spent a week with a cousin's family. It was a driving trip. On my way from NC to FL, I took a side trip to see the Old Sheldon Church in Yemassee, South Carolina. I found out about it on a website dedicated to lesser known tourist attractions.

Edit to add my journaling: I took a short detour on my trip from NC to FL. Less than 15 minutes from I-95 at Yemassee, South Carolina are the ruins of the Church of Prince Williams Parish. The church has quite a history and is in a gorgeous location. There was a couple having engagement pictures taken when I was there! Very serene location!

2013 Old Sheldon Church A.jpg

2013 Old Sheldon Church B.jpg

Edited by Rene Marker
  • Love 6

My daughters and I were exploring our French/Dutch roots in Ulster County, NY. this past summer. Historic Huguenot Street is part of the City of New Paltz. My French great-great grandmother was named Bevier who married my Dutch great-great grandfather, who was named Terwilliger. I did see an old photo showing a Terwilliger Blacksmith shop there. We had a wonderful tour guide.

JUNE RANDOM CHALLENGE-JUNE 2024_600jpg.jpg

• Love 4

When I traveled back to Iowa for my nephews wedding (see Cooper Day 2.jpg in the Workshops/Masks gallery), I had a few hours to kill before the event required my presence so I visited a "museum/home" in the town in which my motel was located.  Then I drove all over the county trying to "clock" as many bridges as I could get to before it was time to get ready and drive to the wedding.  I'm ready to get slammed on one of the shadows LOL.  Not sure in a scrapbook sense if it should have been "enhanced"...maybe just even LARGER than normal offsets with even less opacity and even more blur.  Then again, in my head, I got it right for the effect I was going for.  Shrug!  I tried to keep the layout simple (except using those masks). Pretty much everything on here is from original papers/elements or from internet acquisition and modification. I took the photos.  The fonts are Quentin Caps and Durango-western.

large.OctoberTouristSpotChallenge.jpg.38f51eec035999be15be01be8f8e3910.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Love 4

When I was visiting my family in the States we went to Yosemite National Park, I have mentioned that already quite often. Acces to the park is on a couple of places and one of the roads into the park is through a tunnel. When you are at the end of that tunnel you have the most amazing and iconic view of the valley. There is a parking lot and an area where you can absorb all the beauty before you. That spot is named Tunnel View and when we were there it wasn't crowded, so I and my son in law  could take all the photos we wanted as was everybody else. When I think of a tourist spot this came to mind immediately.

I was making a background and had something with lighter colors but somehow that didn't work. To let my photos stand out I used the background I had with the blend mode difference. The postcard is the freebie that Carole mentioned in the newsletter and it is in the theme of the month blog. I used a photo to make a postagestamp and I already had a postmark about Yosemite . The hand holding a phone is a free icon, from the site Free Vector Icons and the font is Algerian, which is quite similar to the font on official posters and other souvenirs in the park shop.

TouristSpot-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
typo
  • Love 4

52 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

When I traveled back to Iowa for my nephews wedding (see Cooper Day 2.jpg in the Workshops/Masks gallery), I had a few hours to kill before the event required my presence so I visited a "museum/home" in the town in which my motel was located.  Then I drove all over the county trying to "clock" as many bridges as I could get to before it was time to get ready and drive to the wedding.  I'm ready to get slammed on one of the shadows LOL.  Not sure in a scrapbook sense if it should have been "enhanced"...maybe just even LARGER than normal offsets with even less opacity and even more blur.  Then again, in my head, I got it right for the effect I was going for.  Shrug!  I tried to keep the layout simple (except using those masks). Pretty much everything on here is from original papers/elements or from internet acquisition and modification. I took the photos.  The fonts are Quentin Caps and Durango-western.

large.OctoberTouristSpotChallenge.jpg.38f51eec035999be15be01be8f8e3910.jpg

Great to see those bridges.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

When I was visiting my family in the States we went to Yosemite National Park, I have mentioned that already quite often. Acces to the park is on a couple of places and one of the roads into the park is through a tunnel. When you are at the end of that tunnel you have the most amazing and iconic view of the valley. There is a parking lot and an area where you can absorb all the beauty before you. That spot is named Tunnel View and when we were there it wasn't crowded, so I and my son in law  could take all the photos we wanted as was everybody else. When I think of a tourist spot this came to mind immediately.

I was making a background and had something with lighter colors but somehow that didn't work. To let my photos stand out I used the background I had with the blend mode difference. The postcard is the freebie that Carole mentioned in the newsletter and it is in the theme of the month blog. I used a photo to make a postagestamp and I already had a postmark about Yosemite . The hand holding a phone is a free icon, from the site Free Vector Icons and the font is Algerian, which is quite similar to the font on official posters and other souvenirs in the park shop.

TouristSpot-600.jpg

What a view!

• Thanks 1