Scrap Bootcamp - September 2024

Cassel

Day 3, Project 1
I enjoyed playing with this one. My younger sister and I, not sure how old we are in this one, but it certainly wasn't yesterday :classic_biggrin:
I used a kit, Classy Mini, from Jessica Dunn at Curio Pantry.
Instead of a scatter, I chose her string, changed the colour to copper then added picture tube hearts to the string, which I colourised.

001_sisters-jeni-600.jpg.62fc975ed5d6a8fd8d310f5491329b6d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Hi everyone!  I'm running a little behind, but better late than never!  LOL  I don't do scrapbooking, but love PSP and have been using it since around 2003.  I spend most of my day visiting with my online friends in IO groups where my friends and I make signature tags for each other.  It's a lot of fun.  I like to use scripts and have purchased lots of Cassel's wonderful scripts.  She invited me to bootcamp, and as you can always learn something new, here I am!  Here's a screenshot of my desktop.  I'm a little stuck in the mud and have used the same setup for years.  The baby in the screenshot will be the focus of my work during the bootcamp!!

workspace1.thumb.jpg.a5b6382e53fc34c7ac7bb95f1de84203.jpg

• Love 8

@MicheleGreat sandwich. Will you share?

@Leslie Gifford Cook Have you ever done bobbin lacing or do you just do the bobbins?

@Daniel HessDid you make that background? It is interesting. I find that the scatters are kind of "lost" on that patterned paper. Have you tried them on a solid color? Did you try to make the second project? or a variation on the first one?

@Donna Sillia Those scripts are going to be used often, I feel!!! They can be such time-savers for titles!

@Corrie Kinkel Yes, simple can be hard when you know how to do not-so-simple but it is a good exercise to get back to basics.

@Jeni Simpson Nice and delicate. Great layout.

@Sue Welcome to the Bootcamp and the Campus. Looking forward to seeing your projects in this bootcamp.

For those who might not have had time to finish their first project, don't worry, you will have an extra day to work on it, before you get the next project. 

And if you are registered and have not yet posted anything, jump in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2024 at 1:07 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Lesson 3 - I did it two ways: the top one using cassel's script and the other by hand. I think I'll stick with the script!

Lesson3-Curved Photo_600.jpg

5 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

You are not alone with that.  

That is so true.  I think I am doing good, then when I post my masterpiece, I realize I have so much to learn.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, Carolyn Rye said:

That is so true.  I think I am doing good, then when I post my masterpiece, I realize I have so much to learn.

Carolyn, we all started somewhere, that is what is wonderful amongst this gang of creatives, and we learn from each other as well. Have fun, and you will find the  learning gets easier.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

The background is a photo taken from the jetty to the island with a light blend mode (I do like the way the blend modes work in 2023!)  I added in the 2 boats, seagulls and sprinkles. 

Another interesting day with 2023 and a full reinstall - and now thankfully everything seems fine again.   

image.jpeg.7ac252452c72d3f1dff954ba6840f065.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

@Cassel  I found an abr file called 20 Nautical Brushes quite awhile back and imported them.  Using that and some guides installed, I "stamped" five of them onto a small image to create a pattern.  See attached.  I also used the brushes to create a picture tube that I called nautical scatters.  I took an anchor and a life buoy (same one as in the pattern) and made five SMALL copies of each, then magic wanded each and filled with a brighter color.  Then I exported as a picture tube.  I was working on the project that you said required (and demonstrated) scatters. I'm going to do that picture tube again but use MORE of the brushes and make a more random picture tube out of them.  When done, I'll zip the file and post a link for it on here for any that would like it.  I've gotten the day/project numbers mixed up apparently.  I guess if you count the Sandwich as day 1 then this one was day 2-single photo and the one with my granddaughter was day3-adventure.

dhess-nautical001.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Day 3 ~
When my favorite aunt turned 90, the family got together for a wonderful party. This is a picture of my cousin and his grandson.
I used a kit by EmeraldJay from the PS September 2024 blog train. The fonts are 11S01 Black Tuesday and January Is Coming.
And, yes, @Donna Sillia, I am now seeing my errors. 😄

large.Day03CousinStevieandGrandson600.jpg.8aa63e4e00c19bed15e903224ef5abd3.jpg

• Love 10

3 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

I guess if you count the Sandwich as day 1

Actually, Day 1 was the PSP Workspace layout; Day 2 was the Sandwich; Day 3 is New Kid on the Block. Don't forget, this workshop goes for 14 days so it skips days between actual layouts. My email this morning from Carole said Day 4 was for taking a breather. hth

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Michele said:

Day 3 ~
When my favorite aunt turned 90, the family got together for a wonderful party. This is a picture of my cousin and his grandson.
I used a kit by EmeraldJay from the PS September 2024 blog train. The fonts are 11S01 Black Tuesday and January Is Coming.
And, yes, @Donna Sillia, I am now seeing my errors. 😄

large.Day03CousinStevieandGrandson600.jpg.8aa63e4e00c19bed15e903224ef5abd3.jpg

I don't see any errors.

• Thanks 1

LESSON 3 - NEW FUR KID ON THE BLOCK 😉 This is the photo I showed earlier of Brandy guarding the aquarium with the White Skirt Tetras. (I made a flair button using a template from Marisa Lerin and a photo of the tetras.) I used the kit Carole offered cpjess-Behold-Autumn and I incorporated some cat accessories from the Gina-Jones-Every-Day-is-Caturday kit. I reduced the opacity a bit on the background paper. The title font is Bauhaus 93, the Fur Baby banner is from Gina Jones. The scatters are from the Autumn kit. 

SEPT 2024--BOOTCAMP-LESSON 3-NEW FUR BABY ON THE BLOCK_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
described flair button
  • Love 10

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Actually, Day 1 was the PSP Workspace layout; Day 2 was the Sandwich; Day 3 is New Kid on the Block. Don't forget, this workshop goes for 14 days so it skips days between actual layouts. My email this morning from Carole said Day 4 was for taking a breather. hth

LOL.  I've been trying to keep up !  I guess I've posted four actual projects so far and a screen shot of my dual monitor layout.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

I've been trying to keep up ! 

Our only "projects" so far have been #1-our Workspace, #2- the Sandwich/Table, and #3-New Kid on the Block. Where are you getting the other layouts? The 3 items I mentioned are the only ones released for this Bootcamp so far, as far as I know. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Our only "projects" so far have been #1-our Workspace, #2- the Sandwich/Table, and #3-New Kid on the Block. Where are you getting the other layouts? The 3 items I mentioned are the only ones released for this Bootcamp so far, as far as I know. 

I've not been getting emails for these; I never officially registered...I've been going directly into the lessons via the Workshops Menu under Diamond membership.  I guess I've jumped ahead.  I'll slow my roll.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great to see some more projects posted by more participants! Keep them coming.

@Carolyn Rye That is a beautiful layout. For our own curiosity, do you have references as what kit you used?

@Euka Yes, it is so much easier to select a Blend mode in 2023. One of the great additions! I love how you used the photo in the background!

@Daniel Hess If you want to save time in making those scatter tubes, you can use the Custom Confetti script. It will take care of all the resizing, and random rotation, displacement, etc. for you. It will work with any single element. I might actually work on one that would include multiple elements. Hum.... On my to-do list!

I think you should register for the email series so you can follow along. Some links and tips are also shared between projects. If you register now, I can make you skip the wait until you catch up the others' email. Let me know when you register. 

@Sue Great table. Isn't it nice to have some flowers with our lunch?

@Michele Such a fun title for that cute photo!!

@Ann SeeberThat is a fun banner to add on top of the word "kid". So appropriate!

@Jacques LacerteGreat to see you! Welcome to the Campus and the Bootcamp. You will see that you will be able to showcase many fun photos. You started very well with your first layout.

Tomorrow, you should get the Day 5 email with the Project 2. But if you have not finished Project 1, don't worry. You can still post them "later" too. And you will have two days for Project 2 before another one.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2024 at 12:32 AM, Carolyn Rye said:

Day 3 and I did enjoy displaying this photo of our beautiful little boy, Bundy.  He passed the rainbow bridge almost 2 years ago now and we still miss him every day.

Day 3 Bundy600.jpg

Beautiful, @CarolynRye. Do you have the name of that alpha or font you used for Bundy's name?

• Love 4