What are you working on (in August 2024)?

Cassel

I really think that I need to go to rehab for a font addiction. I can't stop downloading them from CF.

I have been working on letter templates using patterns and different fonts. This font is called Mrs. Beasly which is a thick, free font. The pattern is from a dingbat font called Seamless patterns.

I made the pattern for the letters using cass seamless pattern script, the cass script element stacker to make the layers and then the cass script text creator for the title. I used layer styles for the bevel and saved as a vector so that I could later change the pattern, colors, etc. 

dsredflowers600.jpg

• Love 8

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

@Donna Sillia Love your work with alphas!

Thank you so much, Mary

I love playing with the different fonts. I hope it will save me time on making titles. I have used layer styles so that I have the option of deleting the style, converting to raster and using the raster effects.

If anyone wants to use my alphas, let me know.

Edited by Donna Sillia
add info
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I really think that I need to go to rehab for a font addiction. I can't stop downloading them from CF.

I have been working on letter templates using patterns and different fonts. This font is called Mrs. Beasly which is a thick, free font. The pattern is from a dingbat font called Seamless patterns.

I made the pattern for the letters using cass seamless pattern script, the cass script element stacker to make the layers and then the cass script text creator for the title. I used layer styles for the bevel and saved as a vector so that I could later change the pattern, colors, etc. 

dsredflowers600.jpg

I realized that when I made the seamless pattern, I had a small rim of white around the pattern. I fixed that and made a new pattern that doesn't show the white lines. I found out about the problem when I used the cass alpha sheet separator script.

• Like 1

I'm playing with labs.  Lab 13 Mod 1 has just one element - stencil.   I haven't decided what will be the theme of my layout, but I made several stencils and 1 as an "enamel" element. Unfortunately, I made the background layer white and all of the outlines of the stencils are white!

Lab 13 Mod 1 Stencils_600.jpg

• Love 7

43 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I'm playing with labs.  Lab 13 Mod 1 has just one element - stencil.   I haven't decided what will be the theme of my layout, but I made several stencils and 1 as an "enamel" element. Unfortunately, I made the background layer white and all of the outlines of the stencils are white!

I love them, especially the dolphin stencil, which can be used in any  beach layout, including this week's  font challenge.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

You and I  posted at the same time.  We were thinking along the same line, of replicating  those pages.

That was my thought too and I find most of her templates are easy to replicate in my humble opinion. It is mostly a combination of lines and circles if you look closely. I only have bought 1 template from her because it was about my own country and I replicated that for Switzerland, California and Washington State. For the numbers layout it was fun to do, but in essence not really a creative challenge.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

This is the original photo.  Which in my opinion didn't need any editing. 

Robins and Thrashers.jpg

Nothing wrong with the photo but with the watercolor mask it becomes more interesting, especially for a card. As I already said on FB a good reminder of that technique!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

dsredflowers600.jpg

Donna you will be our Alphabet Queen! You do lovely work with all the alphas you create and I'm sure there will be much more to come.

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

That was my thought too and I find most of her templates are easy to replicate in my humble opinion. It is mostly a combination of lines and circles if you look closely. I only have bought 1 template from her because it was about my own country and I replicated that for Switzerland, California and Washington State. For the numbers layout it was fun to do, but in essence not really a creative challenge.

I absoloutley agree with you, her templates are relatively basic, as you say, lines and circles.  What you do with the template is where  creativity comes into play.   Expanding circles,  ovals and so on, to delete parts of other layers, is what I have been doing for  a very long time.  It was a  bit of an eye opener for me as I had never been onto her facebook page or  website. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 13 Mod 1. I did choose the dolphin stencil. The other elements and background paper are mine and all came from my Beach kit except the mask which was one from the mask workshop - I use that mask a lot.

Lab 13 Mod 1_600.jpg

Mary I love this layout! It simply has a beach feel to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2024 at 4:34 PM, Donna Sillia said:

I really think that I need to go to rehab for a font addiction

Donna, you are not alone!  😁 I love the font, and you've created a beautiful, beautiful Alpha!

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 9:05 PM, Mary Solaas said:

Mary, I love the results of the stencil technique, which you've used in so many different ways—all very creative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2024 at 6:31 AM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Two Peas In A Pod...another ACD template. I asked for 2, 5, 0. I've done 2 and 5. Waiting for 0.

large.202482TwoPeasACD_TempN2600.jpg.01a1955ec6ba5dd20f23e546f140866e.jpg

The font is by 2 Peas and is called Rubber Ducky. 

Beautiful layout, Bonnie! Love everything about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2024 at 2:16 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Cristina, I  don't think, I  know you can replicate those templates.

Sue, some templates I can replicate, but others can be tricky.🙂 Sometimes, I prefer to work with templates; other times, I am up to create my own... Not to mention scraplifting. 😄

It's like using scripts: I love to know how to do it myself, but sometimes, I want the comfort and speed that a script gives.

Not to mention, I could never create such beautiful bows as Carole does!

• Like 4

I've finished another layout. Thank goodness it didn't take that long like the previous one... Some pages come easily, others not so much.

Credits:

• Carole’s Adhesive Tape script
  • Background papers: marisa-lerin_1456_distressed-6-tan & Talie_DiCtonS_pp01 (I played with the Blend Mode)
  • Lilypad-lgrieveson_worn edges 2 page 1
  • Lilypad- rjefferies_Eucalyptus Impasto
  • Palvinka_SpecialHug_photomasks_1
  • Lilypad-mommyish_AAM_stickers
  • Fonts: Handlee & Farofa

Not Everyday is a good Day.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Love 8

On 8/2/2024 at 12:22 AM, Sue Thomas said:

This is the very first time I have visited anniecdigitals.  She really does have some cool, unique  templates.  I replicated the letter B, which I will use to showcase some photos. 

Image1.jpg

Annie is one of my favorite template designers. I've gotten some beautiful ones on the ALFLT Blog Train.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 8/2/2024 at 10:34 AM, Donna Sillia said:

HI. My name is Michele and I'm a Font-a-Holic! 🤣

• Haha 6

I made this picture for the Maniacs site. It is a picture that my grandson sent to me from Thailand where he and his girl went to play rugby. The ribbon separating was made from a scrap tutorial using a pattern that I downloaded from CF. The font is Asian Pacific, also from CF. I may change the font because the L and the F look more like a P with the pattern and the stroke.

dsThailand600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

I made this picture for the Maniacs site. It is a picture that my grandson sent to me from Thailand where he and his girl went to play rugby. The ribbon separating was made from a scrap tutorial using a pattern that I downloaded from CF. The font is Asian Pacific, also from CF. I may change the font because the L and the F look more like a P with the pattern and the stroke.

dsThailand600.jpg

You really do create wonderful Alphs. A lot of time and thought goes into them. I had to look hard at the title in order to read it correctly.  There was a time I would use some fonts, not taking into account of who is going to read it. Will the text be legible for  eveyone.  As not everyones' eyes are healthly, which makes reading some text/alpha even more difficult.  Fortunately my eyes  are fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

You really do create wonderful Alphs. A lot of time and thought goes into them. I had to look hard at the title in order to read it correctly.  There was a time I would use some fonts, not taking into account of who is going to read it. Will the text be legible for  eveyone.  As not everyones' eyes are healthly, which makes reading some text/alpha even more difficult.  Fortunately my eyes  are fine.

My grandson pointed out the problem with the font. I wanted to use a Asian looking font, but I am going to have to correct it. I also am not crazy about the title going up and down.

• Like 4