Story Time Workshop - 2024

Cassel

9 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Day 5  I skipped making a project for some of the the days and did this one .  The alpha is cass-Licorice1-Alphabet ex.(with the color changed on some letters) The spinach is from Google then cropped. The spoon is from C F.   ps I still don't care for cooked spinach, but I no longer put sugar on it.

My  StoryTime-Challenge-Day5 spinach 6 5.jpg

My brother loves this stuff.  I eat it fresh as salad, but seeing it all soggy and wilty in a can makes me a bit gaggy.  I gave my brother a can of spinach for his 50th birthday (among other stuff). 

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

LOL.  I'm not sure even sugar would remedy the awful taste of spinach.  Another food that absolutely gives me a gag reflex is Liver.  I'm a protein loving guy but have NEVER been able to stomach the taste (or smell) of liver.  Maybe some sugar on that LOL?  Food like that went in pieces under the lip of the plate piece by piece when nobody was looking.  Then scrape it all into a napkin also when nobody else was looking and kept in my lap until could excuse myself and deliver plate to sink and napkin to the circular file.  Of course with 4 siblings, I got tattled on and busted a couple of times.

When I moved out with my husband I thought a good wife made liver and onions once a week.  So I did.  My hubby thanked me for dinner then quietly asked me to never make it again.  I was so glad, because I agree totally with you.  I love meat (beef especially) but organ meat is just wrong!

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Minka Glasier said:

Like yesterday, I have a jammed packed day today ... so did today's early.  I can't begin to even tell you how great a place the Lion Country Safari was.  The animals get to roam free (except for the lions of course.)  There's a reason they call him the KING.  LOL  They had rhino's, giraffes, monkeys (on an island) and so so so much more.  If you didn't feel like you took it all in - you can just turn in again and drive through a second time.  Beware though, it takes a couple of hours to drive through the first time!  After you are done there is another entire park to enter, walk through, and maybe get something to eat. That's where you will find the birds, amusements and  more.   Being a birder that was a must see for me.  I have to tell you the Lorikeets are so much fun, I didn't ever want to leave.  You can pay a nominal fee and get some food for them ... and once they see that food cup in your hand - they are all over you.  Such Fun!

Lion Country Safai.jpg

I am so jealous, Minka! I've always wanted to do something like that. Great layout for a great trip!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

STORY TIME-LESSON 5 - FOOD - I recreated this from 2 years ago but made many changes. 

STORY TIME-LESSON FIVE-FOOD_600.jpg

You should try a stuffed french toast casserole the next time you have a group brunch! It's always the star.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I was caught up with the opening ceremonies too! Couldn't catch all, but what I did see was beautiful and memorable. I still see the white horse with the "masked character" taking the Olympic flag to the podium. It runs through my head over and over.

Yes that was magical, did you see Celine ion perform at the end of the ceremony?

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

new and Knew gave me a laugh. English is weird.  Sad for the kids in from your church.  

English has some difficulties for those who want to learn the language, especially writing can cause embarrassing situations! Thank heavens for the spellingchecker and google translate.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

That's an amusing story for me, Anne, because I didn't like it either so my Dad sprinkled the spinach with vinegar and grated parmesan cheese... YUM! 😊

I'll take some parmesan cheese most of the time on my spinach when I'm home. But sugar 😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

When I moved out with my husband I thought a good wife made liver and onions once a week.  So I did.  My hubby thanked me for dinner then quietly asked me to never make it again.  I was so glad, because I agree totally with you.  I love meat (beef especially) but organ meat is just wrong!

When I was a kid we always had cooked liver once a week, which I didn't liked but my parents always told me I had to be grateful for the food they put in front of me because in WWII they had to eat tulipbulbs to stay alive. The only foodbattle I won was about rice. After being wedded to my husband I never cooked it myself, luckily he doesn't like it as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Yes that was magical, did you see Celine ion perform at the end of the ceremony?

English has some difficulties for those who want to learn the language, especially writing can cause embarrassing situations! Thank heavens for the spellingchecker and google translate.

Yes, Corrie, I did see the singer in the Eiffel Tower. It took me a moment to realize it was Celine and I was so struck by her appearance there and kept thinking: how famous do you have to be to perform by yourself in such an iconic place for such a huge event?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I'll take some parmesan cheese most of the time on my spinach when I'm home. But sugar 😝

Yes, please. Cheese would be better than sugar. But I like my cooked spinach with grated nutmeg and a bit of oil.

• Like 3

STORY TIME - LESSON 6 - FEAR. My fear of the water has a bit of story behind it. I dug up this really old photo of me and a friend from 1946 when our families went to the beach at Far Rockaway. We were from Rutherford, NJ, but our friends were from Flushing, Queens, so Far Rockaway beach it was! I'm on the right, age 5 and Linda was 4. The title font at the bottom is Horror Story and I decided to add a little stroke in black. I was surprised the font added scatters instead of strokes on the letters. The journaling text is Bell MT and I used the new By the Sea font to add the line of seabirds under the photo. Cass photo corners. I had a hard time trying to scan this old black & white photo and ended up using my iPhone and taking a picture of it. That worked out much better! I used a kit from Marisa Lerin called Under the Sea-mini with the lesson six template. I think I will post the text separately for readability in the comments.

STORY TIME-LESSON SIX - FEAR_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

3 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

STORY TIME - LESSON 6 - FEAR. My fear of the water has a bit of story behind it. I dug up this really old photo of me and a friend from 1946 when our families went to the beach at Far Rockaway. We were from Rutherford, NJ, but our friends were from Flushing, Queens, so Far Rockaway beach it was! I'm on the right, age 5 and Linda was 4. The title font at the bottom is Horror Story and I decided to add a little stroke in black. I was surprised the font added scatters instead of strokes on the letters. The journaling text is Bell MT and I used the new By the Sea font to add the line of seabirds under the photo. Cass photo corners. I had a hard time trying to scan this old black & white photo and ended up using my iPhone and taking a picture of it. That worked out much better! I used a kit from Marisa Lerin called Under the Sea-mini with the lesson six template. I think I will post the text separately for readability in the comments.

STORY TIME-LESSON SIX - FEAR_600.jpg

When I was young I was afraid to swim in either the ocean, lake or pool. My mother told me she blamed my dad who literally threw me in the ocean when I was about 2 years old, claiming that was how to teach a child to swim. This photo shows me with a friend when I was five, enjoying the mild surf at Far Rockaway, on the Long Island, NY, shore. When I was about seven,  my mother sent me to the nearby Passaic, NJ,  YWCA and I took swimming classes. I got to really enjoy swimming, advancing to diving and water ballet before I was done with my lessons.

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 2

Day 4 - I know I am way behind, but hope to catch up in the next few days. I had difficulty deciding on this topic and ended up dragging out my old yearbook since I didn't have any good pictures from my majorette days. I made the striped paper blue and gold for our school colors and scanned pictures of me from my yearbook. The little majorette is a black and white from Canva, colored by me. The flowers are a my own mum with one changed to blue. We used to wear the corsages on football Fridays. The bow and ribbons are from cass scripts. I tried to make the green paper look like a football field. The embellishment twirls are from a brush. The main title is Preppy Varsity and the typing is Vintage Remington, both from CF. The text border is a cass tube, gimp.

I had a typo and could not correct with PSP2023, but I changed the text to character shapes and managed to make it look ok. I also made the title letters character shapes in twist them. 

dsspotr600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I'm think I'm hearing/catching a lot of rumbles about the glitches and bugs in PSP 2023 in this workshop forum.  I hope it isn't really that bad.  I skipped it and decided to wait for 2024 version but they are WAY late in my way of thinking.  Seems like they usually have released the new year at the end of the previous year in most cases.  Anyways, anybody heard anything about when PSP 2024 is going to hit the street?  (Mostly what I THINK I've heard are problems with Text functions...someone couldn't go back and edit in one case, and problems with text wrapping I think?).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

I'm think I'm hearing/catching a lot of rumbles about the glitches and bugs in PSP 2023 in this workshop forum.  I hope it isn't really that bad.  I skipped it and decided to wait for 2024 version but they are WAY late in my way of thinking.  Seems like they usually have released the new year at the end of the previous year in most cases.  Anyways, anybody heard anything about when PSP 2024 is going to hit the street?  (Mostly what I THINK I've heard are problems with Text functions...someone couldn't go back and edit in one case, and problems with text wrapping I think?).

Daniel you are right about no new PSP version, according to Carole that is because there were so many problems with it. We had updates on the program since and the latest update fixed most of the glitches and bugs, but created a new one with the wrapped text function and not being able to get back to edit your text. It is a real nightmare!

• Like 3

Day 6, but I used the template-day-5b because that fitted better with what I had in mind. I wanted to use fear for lightning as my topic for day 6 and I have a couple of overlays with a flash of lightning and this one fitted best. It is a simple page with papers from Jessica Dunn with some noise from me. The yellow flash is by Janet Kemp and where I got the lightbulb, no idea. The title font is Off War Stamp, text is ariel. 

StoryTime-Workshop-Day6-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

58 minutes ago, Daniel Hess said:

The new versions usually come out in August but it has been said on the new PSP forum that there is no version 2024 coming out. They aren't sure about something in 2025 either.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

The new versions usually come out in August but it has been said on the new PSP forum that there is no version 2024 coming out. They aren't sure about something in 2025 either.

Well I don't care as long as they will fix the text and textwraping problem!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

Day 4 - I know I am way behind, but hope to catch up in the next few days. I had difficulty deciding on this topic and ended up dragging out my old yearbook since I didn't have any good pictures from my majorette days. I made the striped paper blue and gold for our school colors and scanned pictures of me from my yearbook. The little majorette is a black and white from Canva, colored by me. The flowers are a my own mum with one changed to blue. We used to wear the corsages on football Fridays. The bow and ribbons are from cass scripts. I tried to make the green paper look like a football field. The embellishment twirls are from a brush. The main title is Preppy Varsity and the typing is Vintage Remington, both from CF. The text border is a cass tube, gimp.

I had a typo and could not correct with PSP2023, but I changed the text to character shapes and managed to make it look ok. I also made the title letters character shapes in twist them. 

dsspotr600.jpg

Donna good idea to change to character shapes and your green looks indeed like grass, at least on the resized version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day 5

Fonts are Adorable Mother and Adinda Sayang.  I used Jessica Dunn's Wildwood Thicket bundle for everything except the boots that I found on Vecteezy http://<a href="https://www.vecteezy.com/free-png/hiking-shoes">Hiking Shoes PNGs by Vecteezy</a>

the Alpha is by Marisa Lerin and just says it's called Alpha 59 cork.  I filled in the middle with a leather texture.  Again, used 2022 for the wrapped text for a more smooth workflow.  This is one of my favorite templates so far.  

StoryTime WS Day5 Old Boot Merg600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 8

9 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Day 5

Fonts are Adorable Mother and Adinda Sayang.  I used Jessica Dunn's Wildwood Thicket bundle for everything except the boots that I found on Vecteezy http://<a href="https://www.vecteezy.com/free-png/hiking-shoes">Hiking Shoes PNGs by Vecteezy</a>

the Alpha is by Marisa Lerin and just says it's called Alpha 59 cork.  I filled in the middle with a leather texture.  Again, used 2022 for the wrapped text for a more smooth workflow.  This is one of my favorite templates so far.  

StoryTime WS Day5 Old Boot Merg600.jpg

Ah, Suz, that looks like my favorite template, too, especially how you dress it up! I think there's a chance for you to go back and test the "way-back" of text wrapping as there's a spelling error on the 3rd line. It's more of a homophone, actually! You really "flew the coop" (like chicken coop) rather than "coup" which is more political and an overthrow of a government and is actually pronounced "coo." 😉❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Ah, Suz, that looks like my favorite template, too, especially how you dress it up! I think there's a chance for you to go back and test the "way-back" of text wrapping as there's a spelling error on the 3rd line. It's more of a homophone, actually! You really "flew the coop" (like chicken coop) rather than "coup" which is more political and an overthrow of a government and is actually pronounced "coo." 😉❤️

Yikes, Susan the overthrower of govt's.  Thanks for the heads up.  Now that I read "coop" and "coup" (and we just discussed this in this very forum a few pages back).  I stand by what I said before, "English is weird!".  It will be a no-brainer, since I did it in 2022, if I had done it in 2023, I'd be crying right now and it would just be easier to overthrow a govt than it is to get 2023 to text wrap...am I right?  Glad to know you got my back.  Get your pitchfork and come help me overthrow a govt.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1