April 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

spacer.png

Do you want to challenge yourself to take photos every week for a year?

Maybe you want to practice your photography skills, or just try to capture "ordinary" daily occurrences.

Let's just encourage each other.

This is a no-pressure thread, and you can share the photos you took or the theme you are going for (if you are going with a theme).

And if you don't want to share the photos yet, and only showcase them once they are in a montage or a scrapbook page, you can just say that you did it.

And it is ok to start your 52 weeks at any time. It does not have to start in January!

This past week we have some  stunning sunsets and sunrises. The temps are rising slowly, obviously the ground is still frozen, hense the standing water.  Rainbows are created by water droplets in the air.  The colours are wave lengths of light.  Like in a  sunrise, as  in the image below.  Red is  recalled the red shift, as the light is stretched.  Stretched light causes  the red colour.   

Week fourteen April.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

The last couple of weeks in every patch of grass along roadsides and in public gardens is colored by "speenkruid" ( pilewort - ranunculus ficaria - lesser celandine) and this week I finally got the time to take a photo when we had a sunny spell.

WEEK-14-600.jpg

• Love 10

18 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

This past week we have some  stunning sunsets and sunrises. The temps are rising slowly, obviously the ground is still frozen, hense the standing water.  Rainbows are created by water droplets in the air.  The colours are wave lengths of light.  Like in a  sunrise, as  in the image below.  Red is  recalled the red shift, as the light is stretched.  Stretched light causes  the red colour.   

Week fourteen April.jpg

Amazing shot, Sue! It looks like an inspiration poster background. I would frame it and hang it in my home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Amazing shot, Sue! It looks like an inspiration poster background. I would frame it and hang it in my home.

I know, everything about it.  The lead in lines of the fence, the water creating the sky reflection making a repetition pattern of sky, land, sky, land. A joy for eyes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Thank you ever so much Michele.  It's also the view I have from my kitchen window. Mother Nature  repaints the landscape regularly.  Not this morning though.  It's foggy.  It was +16c yesterday, then dropped to -4c overnight.  

• WOW 2

26 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I know, everything about it.  The lead in lines of the fence, the water creating the sky reflection making a repetition pattern of sky, land, sky, land. A joy for eyes!

I agree, and thank you ever so much.  It's one of those photos  where the eye is drawn to everything, and not to one specific spot.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thank you ever so much Michele.  It's also the view I have from my kitchen window. Mother Nature  repaints the landscape regularly.  Not this morning though.  It's foggy.  It was +16c yesterday, then dropped to -4c overnight.  

In other words; typical prairie weather...unpredictable.  Last week for us, +20 cel. today; snowing and zero

• Like 2

Week Fourteen - 04/07/24 - Baby great horned owls well camouflaged in a tree and trying to look fierce. 😆 Photo by my buddy Michael Turek. Font is Valentina.

WEEK FOURTEEN-04-07_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
photo credit & font
  • Like 1
  • WOW 2
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Week Fourteen - 04/07/24 - Baby great horned owls well camouflaged in a tree and trying to look fierce. 😆 Photo by my buddy Michael Turek. Font is Valentina.

WEEK FOURTEEN-04-07_600.jpg

Ann, their heads and the shape of the tree, as it comes together at the bottom, make a heart shape!  BRILLIANT!  What a beautiful shot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sharla said:

Week 14 Sorry, I’m so late. My photo shows one of the delightful chaffinches that visit my garden.

week 14 600.jpg

Wow Sharla, what a beautiful bird.  I love that color.  it is close to a robin, which should be making an appearance in my area soon...I hope.  Does this bird have a nice song.  Looks like some beautiful blossoms in the background.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sharla said:

Week 14 Sorry, I’m so late. My photo shows one of the delightful chaffinches that visit my garden.

week 14 600.jpg

Beautiful shot! Chaffinches are one of the most widespread birds in the UK.  This one is a handsome male.

• Like 2

I'm two days early posting week 15.  I  read that Susan is waiting for the Robins to return to her area.  Several arrived  over this past weekened, along with several  small flocks of Juncos,  a Male Northern Flicker, and  a handful of  Song Sparrows.  The long awaited  songs of birds has once again begun, breaking the long silence of winter out in the trees.  Shot taken on Monday afternoon.  On their arrival, I promptly put out blueberry jam, and  berries.

Week fifteen April.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 11

8 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I'm two days early posting week 15.  I  read that Susan is waiting for the Robins to return to her area.  Several arrived  over this past weekened, along with several  small flocks of Juncos,  a Male Northern Flicker, and  a handful of  Song Sparrows.  The long awaited  songs of birds has once again begun, breaking the long silence of winter out in the trees.  Shot taken on Monday afternoon.  On their arrival, I promptly put out blueberry jam, and  berries.

Week fifteen April.jpg

Oh, thank you for this!  I just love Robins. And this is a beautiful photo.  I will keep a look out for them.  We have a new Merlin who's taken over the tree beside my garage (in my neighbours yard).  He/She sits up there calling away.  I don't know if it's one of last years babies from the pair down the road of if it's one of the pair and it's lost it's partner.  Anyway, it means less birdy activity in my yard.  😥 Or maybe they are busy building nests right now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Oh, thank you for this!  I just love Robins. And this is a beautiful photo.  I will keep a look out for them.  We have a new Merlin who's taken over the tree beside my garage (in my neighbours yard).  He/She sits up there calling away.  I don't know if it's one of last years babies from the pair down the road of if it's one of the pair and it's lost it's partner.  Anyway, it means less birdy activity in my yard.  😥 Or maybe they are busy building nests right now.  

I also have a Merlin which arrived 8 days ago, a female.  Much to my delight she is picking off the house sparrows.  The bird baths are out and being used.  Yesterday I  brought out the leaf cutter bee logs.  Although they won't  emerge for a while yet.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week fifteen April.jpg

Beautiful photo of that Robin. Over here the birdsong has started now in full force after we had a couple of nice sunny and much warmer days. I can see them busy with little branches and some moss or grass to build nests. It is a pity I can't come near enough to take a good shot of the nests. The crows are in turmoil, the trees they have been nesting in are taken down, because that little area is turning into a building site for new houses. So far it has been a nice hidden gem with a little pool and a lot of overgrowth among the tall trees amidst a populated area. That's called "progress"😢................! 

• Sad 3

I'm a bit early too but the "highlight" of my week was my birthday. I have no photos of the occasion that I can use here. Just some of family and friends that I will have to blur and I don't like that at all. It are all people that matter to me but for here not very interesting. So I made myself a birthday cake with sprinkles on top (tubes made by me and Carole). The 75 is cream piping, freebie by Carole; just as the doily and greenery with extra roses. The candles are from Marissa Lerin and the rest comes from my stock.

The rest of the weeks in April and the first week in May will come as I'm back from California after I have recovered from the jetlag; I don't take my laptop with me. I will leave here coming Tuesday, so bye for now and see you in May. I will check in on the Campus when I have some moments when everybody is at work/school and it is just me and the dogs. In the weekends we will take trips.

WEEK-15-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
typos
  • WOW 1
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

the "highlight" of my week was my birthday

Oh, happy birthday, Corrie! And I wish you a safe flight and wonderful time here in the old US of A! Your previous travel tales have been very interesting and I can't wait for more!

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I'm a bit early too but the "highlight" of my week was my birthday. I have no photos of the occasion that I can use here. Just some of family and friends that I will have to blur and I don't like that at all. It are all people that matter to me but for here not very interesting. So I made myself a birthday cake with sprinkles on top (tubes made by me and Carole). The 75 is cream piping, freebie by Carole; just as the doily and greenery with extra roses. The candles are from Marissa Lerin and the rest comes from my stock.

The rest of the weeks in April and the first week in May will come as I'm back from California after I have recovered from the jetlag; I don't take my laptop with me. I will leave here coming Tuesday, so bye for now and see you in May. I will check in on the Campus when I have some moments when everybody is at work/school and it is just me and the dogs. In the weekends we will take trips.

WEEK-15-600.jpg

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Corrie. May all your dreams come true. Safe travels and happy landings.💗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I also have a Merlin which arrived 8 days ago, a female.  Much to my delight she is picking off the house sparrows.  The bird baths are out and being used.  Yesterday I  brought out the leaf cutter bee logs.  Although they won't  emerge for a while yet.

Awesome!  I was contemplating the bird baths too.  I have a plastic one out, because it's freezing up at night still.  My other ones are cement and one is ceramic, so not good in freezing weather.  The bees are in the ground, right?  I am going to google for my area to find out when they will emerge so i can put a "no-yard work" rule on the backyard ("rules" is an inside joke with hubby...I'm always making up rules for him and he wonders why he has 483 rules, while I have none).  I will check out my bird book to learn the difference in the male and female.  I wish I knew what this Merlin is calling about.  If it's for a mate, or call it's mate or did it lose it's mate.  Mine has pigeons it's can go for, really fat overweight pigeons!  I wasnt thrilled they claimed the yard, I'm feeding top notch food ......to pigeons!  And they are getting very fat.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1