What are you working on (in April 2024)?

Cassel

19 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

That is so true.  My eyes are alway peeled for ideas, whether I see something on the telly, in the campus or out and about which catches my eye, I will  try to replicate it, incorporating  it into  a page. I will look out for your post, which will also include your exqusite distinctive style.  Scripts are awesome, and time saving,  but there is something most satisfying and rewarding when  you create something yourself. For me that's the beauty of the tutorials in the creative scrap/lab, and of course the masterclasses.  It's a pleasure to sometimes be a sourse of inspiration and helpful when I can.  

If the game I create my pics for ends (and it probably will sooner rather than later), I'll spend more time learning how to create things without using scripts. It is very rewarding when you create something yourself.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

After the chat on here about the Block Photo (Sue Thomas) and a beautiful example of it, I watched the tutorial and came up with this layout.

I had the red-eyed tree frog photo (from Steve Biro) as the inspiration. I looked up others online to get some other colourful critters. Nature is astonishing, whether in her delicacy, her brutality (those hawks!), or her rainbow of colours in the flora and fauna. The  most flamboyant of those creatures live in tropical climes, and I have an awe for their dazzling displays, especially since our birds, insects, etc. tend to more subdued hues.

The other critters in this layout are Madagascan Sunset Moth, Orchid Mantis, and Rosy Pelican.

Mother Nature palette 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

16 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

After the chat on here about the Block Photo (Sue Thomas) and a beautiful example of it, I watched the tutorial and came up with this layout.

I had the red-eyed tree frog photo (from Steve Biro) as the inspiration. I looked up others online to get some other colourful critters. Nature is astonishing, whether in her delicacy, her brutality (those hawks!), or her rainbow of colours in the flora and fauna. The  most flamboyant of those creatures live in tropical climes, and I have an awe for their dazzling displays, especially since our birds, insects, etc. tend to more subdued hues.

The other critters in this layout are Madagascan Sunset Moth, Orchid Mantis, and Rosy Pelican.

Wow!  You created another delicate page, typical of your style. see,  I told you the photo block is easy! Giving  a unique effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I'm inspired by your layout. Do you mind if I copy the ideas?  Unique way of using the block photo tutorial to create a layout.  I also like the way you use the palm leaves in the top right and bottom left corners.  Really outstanding.

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Wow, very nice, Sue. I do see Cooper's Hawks here by the condo and see the occasional pile of feathers, probably a mourning dove's remains. Everyone has to eat. I've been enjoying a series on the Public Broadcasting Station [PBS] coincidentally called "A Fistful of Daggers" which is all about raptors. Fascinating! I looked the show up on Google Images and put this on my desktop for now. 

RAPTORS-A FISTFUL OF DAGGERS-PBS_600.jpg

That's where I have heard that before 'A fistful of daggers'   I  refer to their talons as daggers.  PBS is a great channel for anything nature, and British programs.  BBC Earth has been streaming free for quite a while.  Which has enabled me to  catch up on the latest of many programs.  Such as Professor Brian Cox, Steve Bashnell and many more. I watched Planet Earth 3 when I was home  2yrs ago, it's streaming out here now, so I get to watch it again. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Michele said:

If the game I create my pics for ends (and it probably will sooner rather than later), I'll spend more time learning how to create things without using scripts. It is very rewarding when you create something yourself.

Once consolation when your game ends, you won't be under so much pressure to create a page on a dealine.  You will be able to leisurely, enjoy  going through all the tutorials at your own pace. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I'm inspired by your layout. Do you mind if I copy the ideas?  Unique way of using the block photo tutorial to create a layout.  I also like the way you use the palm leaves in the top right and bottom left corners.  Really outstanding.

You wanna be a magpie too? Absolutely. That's where my layout inspirations come from. And I'm flattered that YOU asked!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 4/19/2024 at 10:40 AM, Sue Thomas said:

I got so excited at the arrival of the Hawk, I  misidentified her.  I have been taking photos of the sharp-tailed grouse, which confused me.  She is actually a Sharp-shinned Hawk.

12 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Wow, very nice, Sue. I do see Cooper's Hawks here by the condo and see the occasional pile of feathers, probably a mourning dove's remains. Everyone has to eat. I've been enjoying a series on the Public Broadcasting Station [PBS] coincidentally called "A Fistful of Daggers" which is all about raptors. Fascinating! I looked the show up on Google Images and put this on my desktop for now. 

RAPTORS-A FISTFUL OF DAGGERS-PBS_600.jpg

Oh this is cool Ann, I'm going to look for the show.  Love the font.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I'm still playing with my Beach Kit.  This is a freebie and I believe it is from Corel some time ago. The font for the title is MV Boli. Summer in March at the Gulf!

Fun at the Gulf_600.jpg

This is fabulous Mary!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 4/19/2024 at 10:40 AM, Sue Thomas said:

I got so excited at the arrival of the Hawk, I  misidentified her.  I have been taking photos of the sharp-tailed grouse, which confused me.  She is actually a Sharp-shinned Hawk.

I'm just impressed at how many birds, mammals and insects (anything crawly and/or winged) that I wouldnt know if a mistake had been made.  I bet they two look very similar.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I had decied to make my Xmas cake today.  Got out all the ingredients, the butter was out softening, as it had been in the fridge, lined the cake tin. Everything was ready.  I went outside to fill the bird baths, and feeders   when I heard the Robins suddenly sounding off the alarm. My Sharp-shinned Hawk swooped down and flew off with a mourning dove. One of a pair I have here, now only one. After a short while I heard another hawk, and loe and behold there he was up in the tree, looking down on what I believe to be the female tucking into a hearty meal. They certainly do have a fistful of daggers, and what a predatory force the Hawk is. After over two hours, with a break from eating about half way through the meal, she flew off, leaving nothing behind, other than the feathers. Here are some of the pics I took. I got very cold and wet, but it was worth it.  It’s always a privilege to be able to witness a private, moment like that which happens all the time but we rarely witness much less get  photos of!  

Some may not like these pages, and find them distasteful and  cruel. I have a comment for that. By saying  nature is cruel is damaging, it isn't cruel, it's indifferent, brutal and effective, but it is equally beautiful and a marvel of natural wonder. 

Eventually I did get my Xmas cake baked, fed with brandy, and put away in a cool, dark place. Sharp-shinned Hawks.

The template I used is from lab 10-2.  It's one of my favourites, which gets used often.  I can remember once, that Cristina, said she liked that template too.  Carole's lace , where I used a gradient and then a blend mode. a fancy font on the tag, and brush strokes to highlight some text.  Scallops and postage stamp edging  on the note with text.

The other page is a layout  demonstrated  in   the scrap with grids masterclass. 

Sharp-shinned Hawk.jpg

I don't find it distasteful or cruel. the Natural world works to keep it self in balance.  Your images are interesting and the experience of seeing this must be surreal.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Simple STUNNING Julie.  You got that right, when it comes to color, Mother Nature never gets it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Here's my birthday wishes for the Master of Scrapbook Campus. Thank you for all you do, and for the sale we get!

The circumflex over the "e" in Fete is missing, sorry!

Apr 22 Carole bday_600.jpg

Awesome! I love it.  I don't know over which  e the circumflex goes, but   most fonts will have these symbols and more, to retrieve them go to character map.

Image1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Awesome! I love it.  I don't know over which  e the circumflex goes, but   most fonts will have these symbols and more, to retrieve them go to character map.

Image1.jpg

Thanks Sue. I did learn that in the last Q&A, but I had done the layout previously without the mark, changed the text to Raster, saved the layout, and was in too much of a hurry to change it before posting.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Here's my birthday wishes for the Master of Scrapbook Campus. Thank you for all you do, and for the sale we get!

The circumflex over the "e" in Fete is missing, sorry!

Apr 22 Carole bday_600.jpg

Awesome Julie!  

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Oh, I guess this means it's time to start with the birthday wishes. Happy Birthday, Carole! 

HAPPY EARTH DAY BIRTHDAY, CAROLE_04-22_600.jpg

Wow! Ann!  I cant even begin to know how you did this.  But i want the script that makes the beads.  These are gorgeous.  The background is really cool too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow! Ann!  I cant even begin to know how you did this.  But i want the script that makes the beads.  These are gorgeous.  The background is really cool too.

Thanks, Suz! The background paper is again from the SI-Stargazer kit that I also used for my eclipse layout. The "wreath" was a freebie from Cassel and the Earth Day Birthday design is from Beth Scannel. I used this design twice as April 22 is also my grandson, Will's birthday, too!

• Like 1