Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

Scrap Bootcamp Day 11 - Project #5

I know that "Tigers" looks like "Tigors" 😄 but I wanted to put something in the title to remind me later that I can use elements to substitute for letters.

@Cassel Many thanks for the Scrapbook Bootcamp, I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Scrap Bootcamp Day 11 - Project #5 600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Project 5-

I began to use the "Cranberry" kit, but there are no solid papers in that kit. So I used 2 of the patterned papers for the squares...but it just didn't look good to me. Last night I decided to just close it up and look again tomorrow.  Today, it still didn't look good to me! I decided to pull a couple of colors out of the photo and use them for the squares. And then PSP didn't seem to want to cooperate, so I closed it down again. I feel like I have done this page many times today. So I guess that means I am done with it. There are several things I would change, if I had more time or more patience today...

ljw-project_5-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

13 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Not sure about the Rice Pudding reference. Do they eat it?

Hi Ann. If we have a poorly dog we would give them chicken and cooked rice as it is gentle on their stomach,  the owner had made rice pudding with puppy milk as an introduction to weaning to thicken the milk before using soaked puppy kibble .When my friend sent me the photo it was the comment she had put on, apparently they loved it !

I have done the bootcamp a couple of times, it is always a good review and reminder. There are techniques I learn and then forget about. Like the pinked paper edge! You could eaily change it to a scallop, and adapt it to your project. Also using a paper to fill the text. I should practice that again. Thanks for the review!

• Like 1

Catching up on my end (sorry I missed the daily feedback yesterday).

@Bill Pearson There is no requirement to be "original" with these lessons. They are meant to be a practice, and just like any lesson, the first one is often to follow to the letter, so the next time, you can vary. That is why some people redo the Bootcamp several times, varying their application of the same techniques, over time. I love that ball in place of the letter.

@Barbara Caulton The fuzzy edges of the paper would have generated fuzzy shadows so that is the whole explanation. Good correction. More puppies!!! who can be annoyed by those cuties?

@James Thomas I think I have an explanation for that "ghosty" section. Did you use the Background Eraser instead of the Eraser itself? They are similar tools and can easily be taken for the other. That would explain why the dots were not deleted. Can you just check that? Otherwise, we might need to call Ghostbuster! That fishing rod for the letter "I" is so smart. Your layout is the first one I see where that letter is replaced. Good work.

@Jeni Simpson That sheep is so cute on the title!!!

@Rodney Boyd Yes, sad things can also be the topic of scrapbooking as those stories are still worth being told.

@bina greene I hope you are getting a little more comfortable in using PSP by now 🙂

@Bonnie Ballentine It is fun that you used the acorns for the holes instead of the whole letters. Very creative.

@Jen Brown Even if it looks like "tigor", it makes him look more ferocious! I think it is still legible so why not? Glad you enjoyed the Bootcamp!

@Linda J Walker I guess PSP just wanted you to practice more??? If you kept all the layers, you might get up one morning with an inspiration, and be able to make it work for you.

Now, you still have a couple of days to post your projects if you have not done so. I suspect some registrants did the work but are too shy to post! Don't be shy! We want to see them.

Remember to fill out the survey too. If you liked the bootcamp, the format, the lessons, etc., it is your opportunity to let others know. If you could recommend it to others, I could add that to the registration page for others to join, next time. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask too.

Day 11

Dag11-600.jpg.d73fcb85af981024de8874ce5ced3062.jpg

I used elements, papers etc. from my stash and from Creative fabcrica. Writing font is Brighton, but I didn't remember the one at the bottom.

The N in Netherlands I made with a copy of the original N, copied it 3 times on another file. Gave it the the Dutch  colors, moved them up (overlapping) and then merged down.

It was fun to do this bootcamp again 🙂 Wish I could of been more active in this thread, but was very busy this week 🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 5

12 hours ago, Linda J Walker said:

I have done the bootcamp a couple of times, it is always a good review and reminder. There are techniques I learn and then forget about. Like the pinked paper edge! You could eaily change it to a scallop, and adapt it to your project. Also using a paper to fill the text. I should practice that again. Thanks for the review!

Yes, I also like the reminder 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 10:25 AM, Jeni Simpson said:

Day 11 Project 5

Travelling along the lakeside highway from Queenstown, we chanced upon this scene.

Sheep were being moved from one area of the farm to another. This happens often in country areas.

Jeni

watching_jeni_Day11_600.jpg.b895ba7d04381bd938abd1dcaac7416f.jpg

Oh, the sheep in the title! Lovely!  😄 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:12 PM, James Thomas said:

Project 4 - used the Spring Skies kit and used photos from work trips down time from a few years ago.

large.Project4-600.jpg.f8d552cc2853444f0c4b7ba63aae1a7a.jpg

Love the different colors of your text, suits the project well!

On 3/21/2024 at 3:21 AM, Cassel said:

@Bill Pearson

@Jeni Simpson 

@MoniqueN.Those three photos are a great way to display a single photo. I might use that approach at some point because it really focus on the detail you want to showcase. Wow! windmill without the wings looks so "naked"! I see some missing shadows. Maybe they are just hidden? One on the blue strip and the top photo.

@Rodney Boyd

I've changed the shadows 😎Dag9-600.jpg.20d50732c1284360eedf8ddf033844be.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Day 11 Project 5

Finally got this done. Computer or user error. The latter most likely the problem. File just would not open so therefore could not change file to a Jpeg.  

600 jpeg DAY 11 PROJECT 5.jpg

Edited by Barbara Caulton
incorrect spelling
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

@Cassel:Actually, yes this workshop with its fun trick shares and constant projects made me better at  many of the standard moves needed to complete a layout. I understand I scratched the surface here and there a little bit and need to get into scripts to go to the next level. 

Thank you for this course, Carole, I have enjoyed it very much.

I've been using PSP for many years, although started with Photoshop back in my work days, and I have still learned things I probably should have known, and didn't. 

The drop shadows have always been hit or miss with me, and now I have the explanations, it helps to know what to do there.

I also found a few great tips and have typed them all up in Word for future use, and I find it is better to remember that way, especially that ctrl l for copying to a new layer,

I've always gone the long way to get that result.

I'd love to do the BootCamp again, and I will keep looking at any others you have created.

Jeni

12 hours ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Thank you for this course, Carole, I have enjoyed it very much.

I've been using PSP for many years, although started with Photoshop back in my work days, and I have still learned things I probably should have known, and didn't. 

The drop shadows have always been hit or miss with me, and now I have the explanations, it helps to know what to do there.

I also found a few great tips and have typed them all up in Word for future use, and I find it is better to remember that way, especially that ctrl l for copying to a new layer,

I've always gone the long way to get that result.

I'd love to do the BootCamp again, and I will keep looking at any others you have created.

Jeni

You might like Carole's book too, also with helpful suggestions and shortcuts 🙂

• Like 4

Day 4 (I am a bit behind as I was away at the weekend)  I selected some photos from a trip last spring to gardens near us, and the papers were a variety from cpjess.  I have varied the shadow a little, and changed some font colour but I only have so much patience and time!!

day 4 600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, Sue Booth said:

Disappointingly tried to download some scrap book papers but they just came up as an image of the kit.

It depends on how you download them. Typically, you can't download from the image itself. Usually, there would be a download link to click.

The winners of the random draw have been contacted. Make sure you check your inbox and reply to me!!!

The list of winners will be announced in the newsletter, later tonight.

• Like 1

Bootcamp Project 3 “Friends”

Good afternoon everyone here is my Bootcamp Project 3 "Friends" Project. Hope you enjoy it! 😉

There are a lot of elements to this image.

1)      For the background I used a photo of a patch of stone edging that I took using an app called “Mirror Labs” to create the geometric patterns.

2)      The rectangular image was a photo of a sunset with a color filter applied

3)      The photos were all taken at my friends Bryan and Lori’s daughter’s wedding reception

4)      The sunflowers are a selection from a photo I took at a local Sunflower farm

5)      The rainbow is selected from a photo of a CD with the sunlight creating the rainbow effect

6)      The text is Lucida Handwriting font with a gradient fill and drop shadow

As you can tell I like to use my photos for the elements whenever possible. I enjoy experimenting with a variety of photographic styles and photo effects apps. 📷

Friends Project3 600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

There is a double meaning behind the title "3 cords and the truth."

It is a quote from (Professor of Rock a YouTuber who tells the stories behind Music from the 80's)

He uses it as his closing line when his videos are over.

The second meaning of the line is my truth (I'm better at playing with pictures of my guitar

then I am at playing the guitar LOL anyone willing to give lessons?)

Project 4 Guitar 600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic