Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

Glad to see all new faces in this Bootcamp. A special welcome to @Sue Booth, @Bill Pearson, and @Rodney Boyd. I am looking forward to seeing your projects. I will be in the forum every night to give feedback to all those who post. And if you have a question, don't hesitate to post it. I might be able to answer it quickly. If not, another member might be faster than me (I have a habit of leaving the computer, sometimes!).

@Barbara Caulton I am glad you enjoyed your first Bootcamp, enough to come back a second time. And those puppies are going to be stars!

@Ann Seeber Interesting that you don't show the thumbnails in the Layers palette. I guess it has the advantage of displaying more layers at once. So, we will be going on a cruise with you this time around? Woohoo!!

@Anne Lamp It is so annoying when computers don't cooperate. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal for you sooner than later.

@Donna Sillia Saving your workspace is a GREAT idea!!! Everyone should do that once they have a setup they like.

@Sue Booth Have you figured out how to load the Complete workspace yet?

@Bill Pearson You will find yourself in great company as we have several members who love nature photos!

@Corrie Kinkel Another trip to Europe for us, on the other side of the ocean.

@Rodney Boyd You got Rosie from Alberta. Where do you live? Are you in Canada?

Eager to hear from more participants. See you tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

How much snow did you have to shovel? ❄️

A little under a foot. You can see on the shed as it was clear before the snowfall. There is only a little on the deck because my husband has shovelled after the storm and it snowed again afterward. The trees look great!

2024-03-12a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

My workspace is currently set up as follows: Icon Size - Medium; Text Size - Large; Workspace Colour - Light Gray (I much prefer the light gray to the default setting that I was originally using); Window - Untabbed; Materials Palette - Rainbow.

I hope to use this photo in one of the scrapbook pages ...

Orchids 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

My workspace is the darkest you could choose. I bought a larger monitor sometime ago, will have to look in my documentation how I change the size in the layer pallet of the eye icon. It's very small now.

I have gathered some of my mill photo's, I will go and use them this bootcamp. 🙂

Mill-600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

Ah I didn't think about changing colours!  But I have not added any pickles - yuck!  

The tutorial is missing the last stage, where you stick all the layers together (merge/ flatten).  I also seems an awfully long winded way of adding layers.  Is there not a way to link them together, and move as one stack of images?  Or am I ahead of myself?

New sandwich.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, Sue Booth said:

Is there not a way to link them together, and move as one stack of images?  Or am I ahead of myself?

You could GROUP the layers. I don't address this in this lesson. Once grouped, you can copy and paste the group and then ungroup the layers to manipulate them. If you merge them, you have no more options to manipulate the layers individually. In PSP, you want to keep the layers as much as possible.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sue Booth said:

(can't work out how to include quote in my reply?)

Just highlight the text you want to quote and you will see a little rectangle appear just under that highlight that says Quote. Click on that and it will automatically include the quote in the box and you can reply that way.

• Like 2

Bootcamp Day 1 Post

Good afternoon Everyone! I am looking forward to sharing my creations and seeing what everyone else comes up with. 

I use Paintshop Pro 2022 Ultimate 64-bit version. My preferred workspace is the Complete Workspace. The Pallets I have open are the Layers, History, Brush Varience, Materials, and Tool Options. For the workspace color, I prefer the Light Grey workspace with the Dark Grey background color.

I have decided to use this photo as one of my images I think I will focus my projects around music. Maybe that will inspire me to pick up my guitar again I am very much a beginner but have been fighting "Project Overload" problems Having too much on the go has caused me to lose focus on everything.

See you all in "Project Two"

Jamie Guitar.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I like this exercise a lot and it is already 4 years after I did it for the first time as a total newbie. At that point I found it all very difficult and could just manage to make the sandwich and table in its most basic form. Today however I made a luxurious version to show how much I have learned in those years, but a rehearsal is always a good idea. The more you learn, the more basic things you tend to forget! I used my own cutlery, I had to polish it and I went shopping for some fresh lettuce and tomato's, onions I had plenty. No pickles and meat for me and I toasted the bread, made a cup of coffee and used my damast tablecloth, a napkin, a plate with strawberries and a little vase with some flowers. All the extra stuff comes out of my stash which has grown over the years considerably.large.my-table-600.jpg.68443d8259eb7828c96d6c706f6a6c65.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I had to use salami which I downloaded from Canva. I made the silverware using vectors and saved them in my preset shapes. The napkin is from my 2010 Bootcamp, and the plates and cup are patterned with a texture from FF. The font is Ampera, a layered font, from Creative Fabrica.

dslunch2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Glad to see another new face in our Bootcamp. Welcome to @Jamie Carey!!

@Jen Brown Do you plan on using mostly flower photos in your projects? I also like the lighter grey workspace. I guess I was used to it since version 7! A vegetarian sandwich for you?

@MoniqueN. Although you can change the Text size, it does not seem to apply to all the texts on the workspace. Some might stay small.

@Rodney Boyd Great start with your sandwich exercise!

@Sue Booth Isn't it fun that we can customize our sandwich with PSP? 🙂

@Jamie Carey Interesting to read that you use the History palette and the Brush variance palette. Do you do a lot of Brush work? Looking forward to your upcoming projects.

If you have not yet posted (even if just to say hi), there is still time. If you have not started yet (life can get in the way), you can still catch up. 

Tomorrow, you will receive the link to the first project video tutorial. You will have two days until the next one so don't rush. I am looking forward to more sandwiches (along with their interesting stories), and upcoming scrapbook projects.

• Love 1

I have had such fun doing this for the second time. It is the sandwich that saved me from giving up on PSP last year . I just could not get the grasp of layers until I found Carole and all the wonderful  members on here. The site has so much to offer and I often found I had no idea where to go but a quick "HELP" soon had someone directing me! I was forever loosing the forum I needed to post on ! Thank you all for your help .To anyone new on here and who feels like giving up.. DO NOT ..I am getting there and I am sure you will ! Being able to download the PDF files to refer back to is also a great bonus I think as my  memory is becoming a little less reliable! I am lucky enough to have a printer but I now need a filing system!   The graphics were mostly from Creative Fabrica The cutlery was re coloured, drop shadows were applied as needed. I put a bevel I think it was on the tablecloth. I lost count of all the layers I used !

Layers bootcamp day 2 jpeg 600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Just a quick version, without shadows etc. I have done this exercise  a few years ago when I first joined I think..

Since I joined Carole's campus I learned more in a few lessons then I did all these years with lessons from the internet. (Started with version 7 or 9) Mostly because explanations about why and how were not there and here everything gets explained and if you get stuck Carole is always around and of course the fellow PSP-ers here.

I have too many hobby's so I'm not always very active here, but love this community! 🙂

Sandwich bootcamp 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Scrap Bootcamp Day 3 - Project #1

I had so much fun with this project. I tried all kinds of background papers for the vertical element behind the photo and I couldn't find anything I liked. I decided to make my own using Effects>Texture Effects>Blinds and choosing my colours from the photo.

jmb Scrap Bootcamp Day 3 - Project #1 600.jpg

Edited by Jen Brown
Correcting grammer.
  • Like 3
  • Love 10

The flower photo is from my daughter. The background and stripes are my own. I used cass stripes2 script for the striped paper. The hearts are from Canva. The gems are my own, and the sparkle in the middle is from the cass sparkle script. The font is a layered font from Creative Fabrica. My iPhone identified the flower.😄

goldheart5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6