Alphabet Game - DESSERTS

Cassel

Rice pudding, one of my favourite puddings, served either hot or cold. I make a rice pudding once a week. Traditionally  made with all milk, and pearle rice, in other words pudding rice. I love the skin, which is flavoured with nutmeg. 

• Love 2

Spotted Dick.  Is a tradtional steamed pudding made with suet and dried fruit.   This is the blueberry steamed pudding I made yesterday. Variations can be   jams,  or treacle, always served with piping hot custard.  

There is a misconception between  pudding and dessert.   A dessert is sweet, whereas a pudding can be sweet and savoury.  I was always taught, that one  uses a  fork and knife with a dessert, and only a spoon for pudding. 

Corrie posted Xmas pudding.  These are three I made to take home.  Using 1lb pudding basins.  Cooked in the pressure cooker.

IMG_20221125_144456.jpg

IMG_20221124_124920.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Spotted Dick.  Is a tradtional steamed pudding made with suet and dried fruit.   This is the blueberry steamed pudding I made yesterday. Variations can be   jams,  or treacle, always served with piping hot custard.  

There is a misconception between  pudding and dessert.   A dessert is sweet, whereas a pudding can be sweet and savoury.  I was always taught, that one  uses a  fork and knife with a dessert, and only a spoon for pudding. 

Corrie posted Xmas pudding.  These are three I made to take home.  Using 1lb pudding basins.  Cooked in the pressure cooker.

IMG_20221125_144456.jpg

IMG_20221124_124920.jpg

Mmm, they look delicious and I'm glad they survived the long flight home!

16 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Rice pudding, one of my favourite puddings, served either hot or cold. I make a rice pudding once a week. Traditionally  made with all milk, and pearle rice, in other words pudding rice. I love the skin, which is flavoured with nutmeg. 

One of my very favorite desserts!

21 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Speaking of rice pudding, it is now in the news via Semafor today;

semafor-rice pudding.jpg

• Like 1