January FONT Challenge (2024)

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

Whenever you create a project, you will likely want to use some text. In this case, you might be looking for some interesting fonts to showcase titles or dates. This month, I am suggesting a monoline font that is simple and even in thickness.

You can get this free font HERE.

spacer.png

Although this font does not have any additional glyphs, it has all the accented characters you would want to write in just about any language.

• Like 2

• Cassel pinned this topic

My hairdresser's daughter was recently married. I've made several pages...this is the first one ready to be posted. Template is Carole's Multiphoto Frame 3 freebie. The font is Mona Home. The groom restored a Ford pickup truck which is represented as the cake topper. The bride placed the Christmas tree and reindeer in the back...just for fun.

large.20231216BrookeWeddingcass-MultiPhotoFrame3-6x6600.jpg.ce0ad0511102c6d7ed43c86c19b16c61.jpg

• Love 11

My contribution for this font challenge. I used the Mona Home font for the title of the poem and the font for the poem itself is Aura also a thin monoline font. Thanks to the extremely mild weather we have had the snowdrops are already in flower. My son showed me a photo of it from his garden, but for this layout I used one I took some years ago because it was better suited, no clutter in the background! The drawing of the fairy comes from DigitalScrapbook.com and I had it for some time in my stash together with the poem. I have taken the liberty to alter the poem a tiny bit. In the poem was written the Fair Maid of February and I changed that to January. I think that's ok I'm not going to sell or publish this layout other than here and maybe in our facebook group.

Font Challenge-Jan.2024-600.jpg

• Love 13

On 1/7/2024 at 3:13 PM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Same wedding. Template by Lady 22, #208.

large.20231216BrookeTemplate208delady22600.jpg.f730774567445e32d807e2a06778aa68.jpg

I love the simplicity of this one. I appreciate how you took the complexity of the original template and changed it so the bride was the star.

• Like 2

Not much of the font in this layout. I wanted to do a simple layout similar to one I saw online somewhere, and I didn't know which photo to use. Ended up with this old one (from 1930s) of my mother (tall one) and her sister and two brothers. Not a good image of them, but it's what I've got and I didn't want to improve it. They're all gone now, but they stay close to my memory and heart. Three of them lived into their 90s (not my mother).

four komons simple layout.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Love 8

• 3 weeks later...

On the last day of January 24:

I recently found this behind the curtain in my dentist's waiting room. I was frightened and thought to myself, is this supposed to allay children's fear of treatment when adults are already frightened by it?

Credits: Most from Creative Fabrica

Photo by me.

DS_neulich-beim-zahnarz_t0124.jpg

Edited by Doska St.
  • Haha 7

On 1/13/2024 at 10:47 PM, Julie Magerka said:

Not much of the font in this layout. I wanted to do a simple layout similar to one I saw online somewhere, and I didn't know which photo to use. Ended up with this old one (from 1930s) of my mother (tall one) and her sister and two brothers. Not a good image of them, but it's what I've got and I didn't want to improve it. They're all gone now, but they stay close to my memory and heart. Three of them lived into their 90s (not my mother).

four komons simple layout.jpg

I like your minimal vintage scrap, Julie. I think it's good that you didn't change anything in the photo. Can I “save” it and publish it in my Vintage Scrap folder on Pinterest?

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 10:32 AM, Doska St. said:

I like your minimal vintage scrap, Julie. I think it's good that you didn't change anything in the photo. Can I “save” it and publish it in my Vintage Scrap folder on Pinterest?

Sure, I have no problem with your using it for a group. If you want the original file, I can send that to you for better quality.

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Sure, I have no problem with your using it for a group. If you want the original file, I can send that to you for better quality.

Hi Julie, thank you for your permission. The original is not necessary. Your scrap has a red NOTE at the top left, so I can link it directly to P as it is posted here. I linked it under my vintage scrapbooking topic. If you're interested, here's my P-Link:
https://www.pinterest.de/doro2650/
Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:28 AM, Doska St. said:

Hi Julie, thank you for your permission. The original is not necessary. Your scrap has a red NOTE at the top left, so I can link it directly to P as it is posted here. I linked it under my vintage scrapbooking topic. If you're interested, here's my P-Link:
https://www.pinterest.de/doro2650/
Have a nice weekend.

I went over to your page to look. Lots of great layouts to see. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic