Alphabet Game - FAST FOOD

Cassel

I = Insomnia Cookies which is  a chain of bakeries in the United States that specializes in delivering warm cookies, baked goods, and ice cream. Based in New York and Philadelphia, it was started in 2003 by Jared Barnett and Seth Berkowitz, both students at the University of Pennsylvania. The company has more than 240 stores, located throughout the continental U.S.  Many stores are located in close proximity to university campuses and cater to students who want to order cookies late at night.

cookies.jpg

• Love 1

N = Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs   "In 1916, Nathan Handwerker started his nickel hot dog stand on Coney Island, with a $300 loan and his wife’s secret recipe. At the time, he had no idea how famous those hot dogs would be. He had no idea that millions around the globe would tune in to see how many of those hot dogs could be consumed in 10 minutes, or that they would be available to consumers around the world in retail and restaurants.  Fast forward to 2020, 104 years later, and the start of a new decade and Nathan’s Famous is embarking on a new path. One that pays homage to its New York roots, and famous food, but changes everything you know about the brand.

Nathan Hotdog.jpg

nathans.jpg

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Dorothy Donn said:

N = Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs   "In 1916, Nathan Handwerker started his nickel hot dog stand on Coney Island, with a $300 loan and his wife’s secret recipe. At the time, he had no idea how famous those hot dogs would be. He had no idea that millions around the globe would tune in to see how many of those hot dogs could be consumed in 10 minutes, or that they would be available to consumers around the world in retail and restaurants.  Fast forward to 2020, 104 years later, and the start of a new decade and Nathan’s Famous is embarking on a new path. One that pays homage to its New York roots, and famous food, but changes everything you know about the brand.

My grandparents lived in Coney Island right on the beach. We spent a lot of time there and Nathan's was part of it.

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 1

Q = QuikTrip    A privately held company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Founded in 1958, QuikTrip has grown to a more than $11 billion company with more than 900 stores in 14 states. Those revenues place QuikTrip high on the Forbes listing of largest privately held companies. With over 24,000 employees, Fortune has ranked QuikTrip on the list of Best Companies to Work for over the last fourteen years. QuikTrip also gives back to the communities it serves, donating 5% of net profits to charitable organizations.  It is also a safe place for children especially run-a-ways who they will feed and get them help.

QT.jpg

5 hours ago, Dorothy Donn said:

Did you ever watch the hot dog eating contest?

No, but if it were my choice, I would have! I was very young so I didn't make the decisions. 🙂 I have lovely memories, though. Sundays on the beach; watching my grandfather play pinochle in the park on those old stone chess tables; Tuesday night fireworks; eating delicious food on the boardwalk. Childhood was so carefree.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, Michele said:

No, but if it were my choice, I would have! I was very young so I didn't make the decisions. 🙂 I have lovely memories, though. Sundays on the beach; watching my grandfather play pinochle in the park on those old stone chess tables; Tuesday night fireworks; eating delicious food on the boardwalk. Childhood was so carefree.

I bet we probably passed by each other too.  The boardwalk was so exciting, and my grandad took me with him everywhere.

• Love 1