Doska from Black Forest

Doska St.

Hello  Carol and all members,

I'm Doska (nickname from first, last name and city). Jenifer already told me something about you, but because I'm still working with Photo Impact X3, I thought I couldn't take part here. But now I'm considering maybe getting a PSP because I'm afraid that with the next WIN 11 or 12 my beloved PI will no longer work. And I love digital scrapbooking, it's still my only hobby.

I'm 72, have already celebrated my golden wedding anniversary (sept22), worked in emergency medicine for decades as an intensive care and... Anesthesia nurse, volunteering with my husband in the emergency services and now volunteer fire brigade (friends of my age) doing digital scrapbooking with PI-X3 since 2005. Before my PC days (since 1996) I drew. I love animals and have had cats and a dog as pets. I also have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, since HE speak with me 2012..

I would like to ask whether I can still show my PI works until I take a course? I'm also on Merisa Lerin's DigitalScrapbook forum.

Thank you for the invitations Carol and Jenifer, I hope we have fun and I learn new things.

Kind regards
Doska

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 3

Hi @Doska St. Welcome to our community. You will find a lot of inspiration in our gallery, our blog, and our forum, even if you are not using PSP (yet). Maybe you can join our Bootcamp in October, and download the trial version of PSP for that period. Although the scrapbooking part should be easy for you since you are already familiar with digital work, it might be a simple (and fun) way to get acquainted with PSP, before buying it (the trial is good for 30 days).

As for showing some PI projects, I would suggest you post them in this thread, as it is an intro for you. If you were to post in challenges for example, it would have to be clearly indicated that it is made with PI so that viewers won't assume it was made with PSP. 

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help each other.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 12:30 PM, Doska St. said:

I'm Doska (nickname from first, last name and city). Jenifer already told me something about you, but because I'm still working with Photo Impact X3, I thought I couldn't take part here. But now I'm considering maybe getting a PSP because I'm afraid that with the next WIN 11 or 12 my beloved PI will no longer work. And I love digital scrapbooking, it's still my only hobby.

I'm 72, have already celebrated my golden wedding anniversary (sept22), worked in emergency medicine for decades as an intensive care and... Anesthesia nurse, volunteering with my husband in the emergency services and now volunteer fire brigade (friends of my age) doing digital scrapbooking with PI-X3 since 2005. Before my PC days (since 1996) I drew. I love animals and have had cats and a dog as pets. I also have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, since HE speak with me 2013..

I would like to ask whether I can still show my PI works until I take a course? I'm also on Merisa Lerin's DigitalScrapbook forum.

Thank you for the invitations Carol and Jenifer, I hope we have fun and I learn new things.

Kind regards
Doska

Hi, Doska! Great to see you here! If you decide to switch to PSP, you'll be able to use that template you asked about at Digital Scrapbooking. You are in the perfect place to learn PSP...Carole is the best! Welcome!

• Like 2

On 9/8/2023 at 10:30 AM, Doska St. said:

I'm 72, have already celebrated my golden wedding anniversary (sept22), worked in emergency medicine for decades as an intensive care and... Anesthesia nurse, volunteering with my husband in the emergency services and now volunteer fire brigade (friends of my age) doing digital scrapbooking with PI-X3 since 2005. Before my PC days (since 1996) I drew. I love animals and have had cats and a dog as pets. I also have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, since HE speak with me 2013..

Kind regards
Doska

Welcome Doska.  Looking forward to seeing posts from you in the forum.  Definately join the bootcamp in October, it's what got me using PSP after buying it for several years and not using it.  Happy Anniversay by the way, that's a milestone event.  I am also a member of DigitalScrapbook...although I've never posted in the forum.  

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your friendly and encouraging welcome. I'm also happy to see scrapbook friends I know here from DS.

Sorry for taking the time to respond, I had some personal challenges and then my LOGIN didn't work here. Now I got an answer from Carole so I could generate a new password. Yes, I have registered for the PSP course and have already loaded PSP as a test version. I look forward to learning new things.

Kind regards

Doska

• Like 1

Hi everyone,
Since it took so long until I was able to log in here again, I would like to show you, as is welcome in a scrapbook forum, a few scraps I generated from Photo-Impact X3 (Corel) until the PSP Course starts.

This scrap that I made for DS last year fits your Halloween theme, translate: Pretty creepy.

But also something for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Doska

DS-Grusel_1022.jpg

DS-Erntedank-oct22.jpg

• Love 3

Hi Anja, schön, daß du in deutsch geschrieben hast. Ich liebe PI seit 2005 und bedaure sehr, daß Corel das Programm nicht weiterentwickelt hat.

Danke für dein Lob.?

Hi Anja, nice that you wrote in German. I have loved PI since 2005 and am very sorry that Corel has not developed the program further.

Thank you for your praise.

• 2 weeks later...