September FREEBIE Challenge (2023)

Cassel

spacer.png

Freebies are great resources that you can find in many places to build a library of elements, graphics, and tools. Since they are free, they are available to all.

For this challenge, I would love to see how you can use the fence available on the store blog.

cass-WoodFence-Sample.jpg

Grab this fence HERE. How will you use this fence?

• Like 1

Just playing with the September freebie and added it to a photo taken a couple of weeks ago when we were away for a few days. The photo is of Coughton Court (https://www.coughtoncourt.co.uk/). We have been here a few times but we were lucky to visit early so not many people around. Made fro a very pleasant day out. I did have to tinker with the photo though and remove a certain person from it so did a lot of cloning and a tad of artistic licence. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Freebie Challenge- September 2023-SGH.jpg

• Love 10

That's just perfect, Sheila! Is Coughton Court still the home of the Throckmortons?  There was a daffodil show there for at least a few years, maybe 2014-2018?  because the American, Dr. TomThrockmorton, was a Daffodil VIP and breeder. I think they wanted to get a broad array of his originations growing there for display purposes.

Edited by Suzy
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Suzy said:

That's just perfect, Sheila! Is Coughton Court still the home of the Throckmortons?  There was a daffodil show there for at least a few years, maybe 2014-2018?  because the American, Dr. TomThrockmorton, was a Daffodil VIP and breeder. I think they wanted to get a broad array of his originations growing there for display purposes.

Thank you Suzy. I don't think they own it now but I might be wrong. I should have paid more attention to the guides but was more engrossed with looking around.

• Love 2

I had a photo obscured by haze, so I used the PSP tool to remove the haze, added a PSP frame, the cass-fence freebie, a couple of picture tube trees and ended up with this, "White-Tail Doe with Triplets." (Guess what? Markus showed up!)

WOOD FENCE-WHITETAIL FAMILY  NO HAZE_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
add Markus
  • Love 5

21 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I had a photo obscured by haze, so I used the PSP tool to remove the haze, added a PSP frame, the cass-fence freebie, a couple of picture tube trees and ended up with this, "White-Tail Doe with Triplets." (Guess what? Markus showed up!)

WOOD FENCE-WHITETAIL FAMILY  NO HAZE_600.jpg

Does the doe have a black tip on its tail, or is it  the fence.  I'm only curious.

22 minutes ago, Anja Pelzer said:

here is my work with the fence

for the fence I made a big shadow on its own layer, mirrored vertical and use the shear tool for perspective, added gaussian blur and reduced opacitylarge.0923-freebie-challenge-anja.jpg.b0101ed262ac0f1d26414646359d3a10.jpg

Figuring out how to get that shadow just right must have taken a lot of thought and work. It turned out great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, I'm enjoying seeing your creative juices at work, for some reason my reaction button is not working, but I do like what I see! ?

Here is my take on the Freebie Challenge Wood Fence, a happy accident to start!  I had placed Carole's  fence on the plain raster layer and then when I went to fill in the background on the under layer with the fence layer open it did not fill behind the fence...so I took it as a sign to create a silhouette and went from there. The paper I created myself from round about trials and really no idea where it was going. I did set out to create the film strip (vector shape and square eraser brush tip) and convoluted it into a mask of sorts ( need to continue the mask class!) and saved it as a paint tube. I think that's what I love most about this program the playing around with colour and shape until you get something you like.

Fonts: Back to Love (label) With you forever (Nara) Elements: from PS designers,  Elif Sahrin (heart paint spatter), Gina Jones (yarn ball) Jessica Dunn (plaid label) Marisa Lerin (all the rest)

New fence Challenge NARA 600.jpg

• Love 3