What are you working on in September (2023)?

Cassel

25 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Carole and I were talking about   her corner and frame punches, and we agreed, that they are unique.  You won't find them anywhere else, not even in photoshop.  I use them a lot,  not only on strips or labels, but I will quite often  punch out a quarter of a page or more, which will give a lovely effect.  I can't remember who it was, but someone commented how large the punch was, and never thought to use them in that way. 

Michele, your pages are always fun, the colours and effects you use  are as Jannette said a feast for the eyes, and brighten up anyone day, with your choice of  colours. 

You show us all the different and often unexpected ways to use them in your layouts.  And everyone comments on them, so your style is as unique as the punches themselves.  A good combination wouldnt you say?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I began this layout some time ago. I often let them sit and go back to them with renewed energy. I played with this on a long time. I placed the text above the background paper, which I made. Then I used the burn blend mode. I think the text looks like it is a part of the background...not just sitting on top. The original color of the text affected how each blend mode appeared. I changed the colors many times.

2023 6 10 Rumble In The Park A 600.jpg

Stars text effect 600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Another zoo layout. I create the template with Carole's multi-photo frame script. The Zoopendous day was taken from a photo frame by Gina Day, A Day At The Zoo, September, 2017 Digital Scrapbooking blog train. The elephants at the bottom are from the same kit. I erased the grass that was a part of the border and I deleted one elephant.

2023 6 24 NC Zoo Multi Frame 600X800 12 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Template by MissFish, Showoff #2. 

There's a long story about this layout. Several years ago, Saffan's sister passed away. He came to pickleball the day he learned of her passing and, of course, was very sad. He asked me to be his sister and I am still his sister to this day. I introduced him to pickleball and gave him the shirt he is wearing. He gave me the shirt I am wearing as a birthday gift and also gave Judy her shirt. Judy is struggling with dementia and I have become her caregiver. In his typical kindness, Saffan included Judy in the gift giving. She was thrilled. So, you see...it really is about T-shirts, pickleball and love!

2023 8 31 Tshirts PB and Love MFish_Showoff_02 600.jpg

• Love 11

18 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I began this layout some time ago. I often let them sit and go back to them with renewed energy. I played with this on a long time. I placed the text above the background paper, which I made. Then I used the burn blend mode. I think the text looks like it is a part of the background...not just sitting on top. The original color of the text affected how each blend mode appeared. I changed the colors many times.

2023 6 10 Rumble In The Park A 600.jpg

Stars text effect 600.jpg

That is a cool effect Bonnie.  It really does look like it's part of the background.  

23 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

There's a long story about this layout. Several years ago, Saffan's sister passed away. He came to pickleball the day he learned of her passing and, of course, was very sad. He asked me to be his sister and I am still his sister to this day. I introduced him to pickleball and gave him the shirt he is wearing. He gave me the shirt I am wearing as a birthday gift and also gave Judy her shirt. Judy is struggling with dementia and I have become her caregiver. In his typical kindness, Saffan included Judy in the gift giving. She was thrilled. So, you see...it really is about T-shirts, pickleball and love!

Bonnie, you have a beautiful soul.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

On 9/1/2023 at 11:26 PM, Sue Thomas said:

My mum died just before her 70th Birthday.  23 yrs ago.  I don't know about you, but as I have got older the more I miss her.   Out of the blue I would ask her a question pertaining to something I was doing at the time.  Or something that I'm doing would remind me of a memory of her.

My father died 46 years ago now when my children were young and I miss him more then ever now I'm getting older. It is a "weird" feeling that I'm much older then he ever was. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Michele said:

I found this beautiful stained glass image in Creative Fabrica (can you believe it's meant to be a mouse pad?). I used it to make the background paper by applying 100 Gaussian blur on the original, adding the Mosaic Antique effect, and then another little blur. The text was made using the text cutter option for the font (Andalusia). Then Inner Bevel on both the text and the main pic.

large.FABDLSailAway!230903600.jpg.a5565f70e661d84c252310e5e82156db.jpg

Michele I love both of your pages, the colors are gorgeous and it is sometimes amazing what you can find on Creative Fabrica. I'm a fan of them and often take a look, not always for freebies but for inspiration too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Bonnie what a nice gesture with the shirts and you must be very fond of Judy to become her caregiver. I hope you can cope when her dementia is getting worse. From experience, which I wish I never had, I can tell you that it is a long and hard responsibility to take on. My mam had this awful condition and it has taken more then 12 years before she died. So from helping out in the beginning it became a heavy burden in the end and there were days that I really hoped she would die in her sleep. In the first place for her, because she was so unhappy in the last stages of her live and that was so painful to witness. She died 16 years ago now and I still can have a nightmare about it; it has replaced to some extend the happy memories of her. So take good care of Judy and of yourself too.

• Sad 4
  • Love 4

I'm in a Halloween mood and was inspired by the Grunge Masterclass. For the body of the spider, I used the VectorStoke part of the video. The eyes are from the google eyes tutorial and the legs were created from vector lines. The web is from a Janet Kemp graphic. I used the fur texture on the black spider, the second one I used a black and orange wave pattern and the third is the wave pattern with fur added. The background is a Resource Boy green Gradient. The mouth is just a dozi brushess.

spidersonweb.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Bonnie what a nice gesture with the shirts and you must be very fond of Judy to become her caregiver. I hope you can cope when her dementia is getting worse. From experience, which I wish I never had, I can tell you that it is a long and hard responsibility to take on. My mam had this awful condition and it has taken more then 12 years before she died. So from helping out in the beginning it became a heavy burden in the end and there were days that I really hoped she would die in her sleep. In the first place for her, because she was so unhappy in the last stages of her live and that was so painful to witness. She died 16 years ago now and I still can have a nightmare about it; it has replaced to some extend the happy memories of her. So take good care of Judy and of yourself too.

Thank you, Corrie. Everyday is a challenge but there is also so much kindness from others. I praise God every day for the kindness of others.

• Love 2

7 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have been through this with my mom.  People said it changed me, that I was going through the motions of life and not living life.  I drove over 850 Kms a week going to where she lived and back.  I couldnt work because I was helping with her healthcare.  When I was at my mom's I just wanted to go home, when I was leaving my mom's (either in an assisted living home or hospital) I just wanted to go back.  At one point my mom was living in my home and we had lots of stairs and she was prone to falling, especially during the night. It became too stressful and dangerous, and the medical people thought I was suffering from exhaustion as I barely slept worrying she'd get up in the night and fall down the stairs ( I often woke to the sound of her crashing to the floor).  We got her into assisted living (1 hr 20 min away and that's when 850 kms came to be-but less stressful for me).  In the end I was glad I had the time with her.  The burden can be very heavy and I had all the same thoughts as Corrie and the guilt that comes along with it.  Her mind and her sense of humour was all there but her body was betraying her.  I never really thought about "old age" until then.  Aging is cruel.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

Trying to work a bit more regularly on some kind of layout when I have the time. I saw one I liked on Curio Pantry so I thought I'd try something similar. I'm neither a photographer nor a scrapbooker, so I really need some kind of inspiration (or push).

It's so-o-o hot here, temperatures higher than all through the summer, but my thoughts are already on autumn and its marvellous colours.

The only things that are mine are the photo - my niece's daughter many years ago -  the strips of coloured paper with the ends cut out (one with Carole's new punches which I just HAD to have), and the "tag" at the bottom. Everything else is from somewhere online.

Sept project Lauren_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

On 9/2/2023 at 6:35 AM, Sue Thomas said:

I bought the  new Punches in the store earlier.  I simply had to have them and try them out.  What photos shall I showcase tonight I thought.  Anyway, this is what I came up with, using one  of the  new brushes, as a label.  I also used  one of Carole's corner punches on the  strip.  Instead of putting a frame a round the  photos I  embossed the background paper around them for a change.  Of all the Blisters the Epicauta sp. is my favourite, and I call them velvety greys, not only do they look velvety, they feel ever so velvety to the touch, as does the  tan blister.  The velevety grey's  legs also reminds me  of the parts of a Meccano set. 

Julie, we had the same idea, I too used a photo of one of the Blister Beetles on  a Goldenrod plant.  It's one of the Blisters favourite flowers.  And one of the last flowers to bloom here. 

Blister beetles .jpg

I planted a golden rod plant this year as reminiscent of my parents' garden. I will have to have a closer look at it for little bugs. These photos are amazing.

• Thanks 1

Just finished relooking at the Grunge Magic MasterClass with all those creative ideas. I tried out one but as I am on PSP 2021, I understand from the class that the Brush Variance size increments are not effective until PSP version 2023. However I used the Bokeh brush instead for my example and finished off with the Mosaic Texture Effect and got quite an interesting design as a result.

grunge.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Just finished relooking at the Grunge Magic MasterClass with all those creative ideas. I tried out one but as I am on PSP 2021, I understand from the class that the Brush Variance size increments are not effective until PSP version 2023. However I used the Bokeh brush instead for my example and finished off with the Mosaic Texture Effect and got quite an interesting design as a result.

grunge.jpg

This would go nicely with Michele's Divas. Love it!

• Like 2

The day's are now becoming noticeably shorter.  The migratory birds are also on the move.  This morning a beautiful Philadelphia Vireo called in.  They are generally uncommon, and this one, was the first one I have ever seen.  Many of the birds are difficult to ID at this time of year, as many of then are dull in Autumn, and the young ones, don't have adult breeding plumage until next Spring. 

I used one of a-dozi's brushes from Sunday's masterclass on the background paper,  which is a gradient I created. For a change I used the slip in photo technique, and also slipped 3 of the tags (my own tag) under too. Also I used one Carole's  new punches. Once again, the date stamp script didn't work, so I created my  own template. 

Vireo and Warblers migration 23.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • Love 5