Your BIG News

Susan Ewart

On 8/20/2023 at 7:23 PM, Rene Marker said:

You can turn OneDrive completely off but if you use the sync settings, it will turn back on. I had problems with my new laptop not letting me into my dropbox account because it had me going to a dropbox account that was linked to through onedrive.  I had to unlink onedrive to get to my dropbox account I've used for a long time.

I followed these instructions (found here) :

1. Open OneDrive settings (select OneDrive cloud icon in your notification area, and then select the OneDrive Help and Settings icon, then Settings

2. Go to the Account tab.

3. Select Unlink this PC

If those don't work, try the other suggestions at the link I posted above.

Thanks for letting me know about that page.  I tried it but stopped because I have no OneDrive settings icon. I never wanted it and never installed it. 

I am beginning to think that when My husband set it up to be able to get into my music files a while ago, somehow his stuff is getting into my stuff to put it simply.

16 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Do you have an account set up on their website? All of your keys are available there. Every product I have purchased since 2008 shows up on the list.

I checked my account and under the purchases where all my purchases with the download link and keys(it looks like the email I got).   Same result as before, a pop up saying:  Keys are expired, contact support at corel.  that's where I went wrong.  I should have used the keys not where I found them, but with the link Carole gave us.  It all worked well with my  "expired" keys.  both PSP 2022 and 2023 (both Ultimate) are now loaded on the new rebuild.  It will be some time before I get to setting it all up, but it's loaded and registered.  And I bookmarked that page so I know where to go in the future.  

Edited by Susan Ewart

11 hours ago, Cassel said:

Ik zou het moeten controleren, maar als er een pijltje is, moet ik erop klikken om de groep te openen. Kun je aangeven in hoeverre je dat in de video hebt gezien?

Hi, Back again. I watched the Q&A from August over and over. What I had seen was on 20.10 min. and 55.45 min. But I found my answer already. By watching your hands very well. (First, open the vector layer by the little icon triangle and click on the second layer where the 'vector property' opens). This was what held me in the vector workshop. I can do that workshop again I suppose. Apparently, that is my way of learning, better than just writing. Not only in PSP but also in knitting, crochet, cookery, bakery, etc. Since we have video clips everything is much better. Please show more of what your hands are doing in the next Q&A. You help people like me a lot with that. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dorothy Donn said:

Thanks for letting me know about that page.  I tried it but stopped because I have no OneDrive settings icon. I never wanted it and never installed it. 

I am beginning to think that when My husband set it up to be able to get into my music files a while ago, somehow his stuff is getting into my stuff to put it simply.

That is a possibility if you are sharing the same Microsoft account and have all the computers sync. I have different preferred settings for my desktop and laptop (like background photos etc) and when I set up my new laptop but used the same Microsoft account and it was set to "sync automatically", everything on my desktop changed to the setting I had on my laptop. Once I turned the ability for it to sync off, I have had no problems. So if your husband has sync set up and he uses one drive, it may be why yours is doing it as well. I would look into that but I'm not an expert so can't say for sure that is what is happening.

I still prefer to use either DropBox, an USB drive or an external hard drive to transfer any information between my computers. That way I am in control.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,  I keep getting more issues.  I was adding text to my project as a vector in a selected space.  That was fine, however, when I duplicated the layer, (as I was using a font not installed on my system & my intention was to turn the copy into a raster) it removed the line returns and stretched it out in one line.  I did one duplication with the selections ants on and one duplication with the selection ants turned off, and both times the returns were removed.  I have never had this issue before.  As Corel support said to forward any more issues I find, I sent it to them.  I also recorded the issue, then did the same in PSP 2021 where there is no issue, but was unable to send the recordings as they are too large.  I hope they tell me a way to send the files to them, so they can give it to their tech team to resolve.  Has anyone else come across this?

• WOW 1

1 hour ago, Sherie Dracup said:

Has anyone else come across this?

@Sherie Dracup Yes, it happened to me today in my 2023 Ultimate. Exact same behavior. I deleted the vector text layer completely and ended up typing in the copy line by line. The issue seemed to be the bounding box which, as you described, suddenly stretched out horizontally. ?

• WOW 1

5 hours ago, Sherie Dracup said:

Hi,  I keep getting more issues.  I was adding text to my project as a vector in a selected space.  That was fine, however, when I duplicated the layer, (as I was using a font not installed on my system & my intention was to turn the copy into a raster) it removed the line returns and stretched it out in one line.  I did one duplication with the selections ants on and one duplication with the selection ants turned off, and both times the returns were removed.  I have never had this issue before.  As Corel support said to forward any more issues I find, I sent it to them.  I also recorded the issue, then did the same in PSP 2021 where there is no issue, but was unable to send the recordings as they are too large.  I hope they tell me a way to send the files to them, so they can give it to their tech team to resolve.  Has anyone else come across this?

We had that issue when beta testing the new update, but not since we have it installed. Your version is 25.2.0.58?

6 hours ago, Cassel said:

We had that issue when beta testing the new update, but not since we have it installed. Your version is 25.2.0.58?

Yes, that is my version, also. One thought: I seem to have these troubles when working on a template converted from a PSD. Since I know Adobe doesn't support bounding boxes for text, and even though I've converted it to a .pspimage,  could that be partly why there's an issue?

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Yes, that is my version, also. One thought: I seem to have these troubles when working on a template converted from a PSD. Since I know Adobe doesn't support bounding boxes for text, and even though I've converted it to a .pspimage,  could that be partly why there's an issue?

How strange; I had text  inside a selection and hadn't any issues at all and my page was on a PSD template too! I have installed the latest patch on my 2023 version.

16 hours ago, Sherie Dracup said:

@Corrie Kinkel Here's the OP for this issue. Both Sherie and I had the same thing happen. Cassel said it did show up in Beta testing so the issue is not unknown.