What are you working on in August (2023)?

Cassel

Sometimes it's fun just to use picture tubes, clip art, and a gradient. The background sky gradient is mine; the grass, trees, rocks, and cloud are from various picture tubes; the flowers are from GoF Designs; the ladies in white are from CF. Oh, and the blanket is a paper that I changed with the Perspective Mode of the Pick Tool. The font is Amastery Script.

large.FABDLPicnicinWhite!600.jpg.f6c905f451774ba7407b41bf4c93923f.jpg

Edited by Michele
  • WOW 1
  • Love 7

Lab 11 Mod 4: Rope  words; rope wound around a wood frame; horseshoe.  All 3.  Again I used that upper and lower section - this time for the title words (made with a rope tube) and used the rope tube for the frames.  The cowboy boots are from Creative Fabrica; the frame is from Cass.  This was good practice with the pen tool and creating vector shapes (the horseshoe) and I also used Cass-CustomDirectional Tube script to create a tube of the horseshoe.  I was going to use it on the layout, but decided against it - it just didn't work for this layout.

Lab 11 Mod 4_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

•✿•  These are absolutely wonderful pieces, ladies!
It is so sweet to see the excitement you share, when you find yourself achieving your goals.
How sweet too, that you share a bit about yourselves in each piece.
I am so thrilled to be here .. able to watch you grow! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lab 11d Mod 5: hexagon shape, smudge brush, dictionary copy:  All done - (smudge brush was used in the bottom left corner and top right corner.  The picture is one generated by me in CFSpark (asked for a cat on a rug by a fireplace) - used the white overlay reduced to 10% and then overlayed one of Susan Ewert's cracked paint overlays with reduced opacity just to give the frosted glass some depth ; the papers are my own.  Made several ribbons or paper strips of different hexagons I'll post them also.

Lab 11 Mod 5_600.jpg

MLS Paper Strip Hexagon-01_600.jpg

MLS Paper Strip Hexagon-02_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

I downloaded the freebie template in the creation cassel blog. I started it, but then I did my own thing. I won the border frame  brushes a short while back, and hadn't had a chance to  use them until this evening. For the large photo of the Yellow warblers I created a watercolour effect.  It's background paper is a  photo of some trees out back, which I took the other day. Overlay. I created my own date stamp, copying the latest date stamp script in the  store.

cass-MultiPhotoFrame3-6x6.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 9

I've been just playing around until the Travel Challenge starts tomorrow.  Couldn't think of how I wanted to display my CFSpark Andy Warhol Cat and then I started playing around with my abstract paper I created from another CFSpark pattern I created and the hexagon shapes from the last lab requirements and came up with this kind of abstract layout for the cat.  As Annie Tobin used to say - enjoy.  I've been thinking about her lately, too.

1_A-Playing_600.jpg

• Love 7

On 8/18/2023 at 11:06 PM, Jenifer Lyn said:

•✿• How truly beautiful, Sue.
I love the yellows!
The way you displayed the pictures, is fabulous.
That border brush is lovely too!

I have all of Carole's edge and corner punch brushes.  They an an invaluable  asset to any layout. 

• Love 4

Lab 6 Module 8 Experiment 04 Sketch Idea- One Photo Focus

This photo is glued to a metal plaque and judging by age of the uncle was taken in the 1920's. I used a scanner to get it into the computer.

The question I most receive is what the white thing?  It is a lace cuff used to keep the dress clean in those days.

Lab 6 Module 8 Experience 04-Sketch Idea- 1 Photo Focus.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I decided to  have a go at the mock up page in the blog.  Choosing a photo adding text, and  fitting it  to the  book mockup page was easy enough. I failed to change the colour of the  pages, and the back cover , as for some reason it  wanted to be the same colour as the  spiral, which I  colourized green.  I wanted the  back page to the  same brown, with a bit  of texture, and the pages to be an off white.  I think I'll stick with Carole's  spiral tubes.  

Free Book Mockup 09.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

On 8/18/2023 at 11:25 PM, Sue Thomas said:

I downloaded the freebie template in the creation cassel blog. I started it, but then I did my own thing. I won the border frame  brushes a short while back, and hadn't had a chance to  use them until this evening. For the large photo of the Yellow warblers I created a watercolour effect.  It's background paper is a  photo of some trees out back, which I took the other day. Overlay. I created my own date stamp, copying the latest date stamp script in the  store.

This is beautiful, Sue. The edge border frame brushes are gorgeous. I wonder if they’re intuitive or if you are super-skilled at using them, and I’d be wondering if I bought the wrong ones because I couldn’t get mine to look like that!  

Mary, that cat is perfection! I LOVE it! Is that another CF Spark? If so, it is a winner! 

• Thanks 2

@Mary Solaas  •✿• The abstract paper compliments the colors beautifully. Love it! 
@Sue Thomas  •✿• Lucky you! I bet they are all fantastic!  Your squirrel binder is SO cute! 
@Dorothy Donn •✿• What a super way to display "Mustache".
Love your choice of the pictures too, easy on the eyes!
Your rainbow design is super. Love how you put the small dot before each color.
Sharing the info on each color, was a joy to read too!
Your "The Greats" layout is so precious. What a treasure indeed.
@Lynda DiGregor •✿• How sweet! A lovely way to display the many photo's! 

• Thanks 1