July 1-2-3 Challenge (2023)

Cassel

spacer.png

Let's make things a little fun for you. Are you looking for ways to spark your creativity and still create something meaningful? This will be a new monthly challenge for you. Every month, you will be given instructions to use 1, 2, and 3 of something. Would that be more than you usually use? or less? Let's see. Create a layout using :

• 1 banner
  • 2 Photos
  • 3 papers

You can create those elements or use what you currently have in your stash. Showcase any photo, use any template (if you want). Just make sure you include the required elements.

• Thanks 1

• Cassel pinned this topic

Here is: 1 banner with letters (font is Heart Arrow Monogram), 2 of my photos with a mask and 3 papers. I mostly start with a template to roughly get an idea where I'm going with my layout and then change it to something that suits the photos better. When I was in the States it was a surprise to see an American primrose which I immediately recognized  because we also have primroses, I had some in the garden of our house before we moved. This one has the common name Mexican primrose, I found a white one called Prairie evening primrose and the Dutch name is Teunisbloem and ours are mostly yellow. Their Latin name is Oenothera. The European primroses all come from the Americas, at least that's what I read when I searched for info on them. So correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks to the Vector Masterclass it was very easy to make a path for the stitching that I used to hold the little flags of the banner in place. The backgroundpaper is one of a series of old maps which I have in my stash. I found it fitting for my topic.

1-2-3-Challenge July-2023-600.jpg

• Love 8

123 Challenge accepted.  Here's my result.

Photos are mine through my dirty dining room window.  I havent been taking pictures of the bathing birds lately but they have been very vigilant about their hygiene...until now, when I want to photograph them.  they have become shy and bath when I'm no where near my camera.  Here's the details

• Background paper: bgazarek-crisp fall fair, paper 02
  • Solid Green paper: Billie Ireland paper solid 01
  • Plaid paper: Jessica Dunn-rustic wedding plaid paper 09
  • Banner: Sheila Read-Oh Lucky Day Rainbow flag banner
  • Duck/Frog: Gina Jones-I love the rain duck 02/brad 02
  • I forget where the water drops came from and now I cant find them again.
  • Alpha: cass-rusted Alpha - freebie from the store

I made the frame from the Faming 101 Masterclass.  I had used it when we did the Build A Kit workshop and really liked it.  I exported it as a pspframe too.  It has a leather texture that I dont know where it came from, it just had a number on it with no other identifiers.  

Challenge 123-Pool Party v2-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

123 Challenge accepted.  Here's my result.

Photos are mine through my dirty dining room window.  I havent been taking pictures of the bathing birds lately but they have been very vigilant about their hygiene...until now, when I want to photograph them.  they have become shy and bath when I'm no where near my camera.  Here's the details

• Background paper: bgazarek-crisp fall fair, paper 02
  • Solid Green paper: Billie Ireland paper solid 01
  • Plaid paper: Jessica Dunn-rustic wedding plaid paper 09
  • Banner: Sheila Read-Oh Lucky Day Rainbow flag banner
  • Duck/Frog: Gina Jones-I love the rain duck 02/brad 02
  • I forget where the water drops came from and now I cant find them again.
  • Alpha: cass-rusted Alpha - freebie from the store

I made the frame from the Faming 101 Masterclass.  I had used it when we did the Build A Kit workshop and really liked it.  I exported it as a pspframe too.  It has a leather texture that I dont know where it came from, it just had a number on it with no other identifiers.  

Challenge 123-Pool Party v2-600.jpg

Susan when I have butterflies on my plants I mostly don't have my iphone next to me and if I have there are no butterflies to be seen.... But you managed to get ome shots of them. I like your colors especially for autumn projects!

44 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan when I have butterflies on my plants I mostly don't have my iphone next to me and if I have there are no butterflies to be seen.... But you managed to get ome shots of them. I like your colors especially for autumn projects!

I'm rubbing my eyes looking for butterflies on Susan's layout. All I can find are birds.... ??? (Or did Google Translate goof up? lol)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I'm rubbing my eyes looking for butterflies on Susan's layout. All I can find are birds.... ??? (Or did Google Translate goof up? lol)

Okay, I had to rub my eyes too.  I shot butterflies?  Cool!  Reminds me of Bambi, "that's okay, you can call me flower".  those are the LBJs butterflies in my shots (Little Brown Jobs), it's a new crossover species. ? kidding aside, I'm thinking this must be for another layout and my name was used by mistake.  Or you know when you are thinking of something not related to what you are typing, but you type the word you are thinking of and not the ones you mean.  

Edited by Susan Ewart

I am famous for thinking of who I want to text then just start texting them (unknowingly I havent select there name, it just the last text I got) and the then I get a text from someone who is most confused.  Almost blew my nieces surprise engagement when i was texting back and forth with her soon to be fiance (at the time)about him coming over to make the engagement ring, and she had texted me when i was texting with him, I answered him on her text.  She was confused and I had to make up a story right quick.  Luckily I have that reputation she never caught on....and I did this TWICE in a row that night! Thankfully once the ring was done and polished up, he went home and proposed and she phoned and we all cried!

I haven't been doing much PSP ing, but I thought I would do one fro the 1 2 3 challenge. The flowers are from my neighbors house,  the clouds in blue sky is from a photo I took at our church, the strange paper on the left side is a picture I took of my trees reflected in a puddle after that rain. the other paper is one I downloaded a long time ago. the letters is a font I downloaded from C F, I then added the rope on the top from a free picturetube from Cassel.

After the rain.jpg 1 2 3   6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wowzers!  that background is a beauty!  Love the robot, how did they manage to keep it standing?

The background paper is one I made from a pattern in that AC program we were talking about a couple of months ago.  I'm not sure how they nailed that robot down on the skateboard - but we made a couple of videos of it rolling down the driveway all the way to the street.  It was fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic