June SKETCH Challenge (2023)

Cassel

image.png

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to envision something from a “boring” base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, and your supplies.

This sketch has lots of room to add stories about your photos, or you can focus on the stories instead of the photos.

spacer.png

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

Post your project in the gallery.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

My interpretation of the above  sketch.

Damselflies with mites.jpg

For those that may be interested  in the photos I've  posted a  much larger file on Facebook for better  viewing of these living jewels.The background is a leaf element duplicated  several times and a grass photo of mine, using the blend mode. Frames were done using the grid and vector shape. I rarely edit my photos  if I do I  use a touch of brightness and contrast, and the crop tool. These pics  weren't  edited, other than cropped.

Wonderful work being created by all. Between my other  outdoor interests. I've  been shooting pics for future projects. Summers are short here.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sharla said:

When I set out on this challenge it was with photos of robins and a totally different colour scheme but then I found my blackbird photos...

sketch June 23 600.jpg

Love this layout.  I never get tired of watching birds bath.  they do it with such gusto, it just makes you happy.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 1:47 PM, Anja Pelzer said:

wow what an interesting insect, great use of the sketch

here is mine, I used the warp tool to make the two papers uneven

font is Underwater World

large.sketch0623-template-bunt-1a.jpg.9357d9b6c02fc891c3761b5267e9824c.jpg

This is so nicely done.  They are very interesting boats too.  

I wanted to have a go at this. I decided to go with the flow and use purple! Images all from online and only papers I made with some torn edges. Font is Bombshell Pro.

I'm not that big a Coco Chanel fan, but I do adore some of the fragrances and have a few in my collection. I just couldn't think of another subject for the layout.

2023 June sketch challenge_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

8 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I wanted to have a go at this. I decided to go with the flow and use purple! Images all from online and only papers I made with some torn edges. Font is Bombshell Pro.

I'm not that big a Coco Chanel fan, but I do adore some of the fragrances and have a few in my collection. I just couldn't think of another subject for the layout.

2023 June sketch challenge_600.jpg

Very well done! Next, Chanel's ad agency will come calling for your talents!

• Haha 2

My attempt at this sketch challenge.  The papers are from my stash, the font is Baby Bunny Script (CF), the daisy bunch is from CF and the bow is from Cassel.  The pics are from Steve (of Steve's Rainbow) and his family as they vacationed last year at a cottage on a lake near Hardy, AR.

Sketch Challenge 2023 June_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Cassel unpinned this topic