Vector Workshop 2023

Cassel

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

I had PS Elements for a few years.  It was so crash-y that I never wanted to use it and gave up.  I did get ON1, wow, so different but at least there is lots of tutorials.  It's not intuitive, but I knew that from reviews.  I figure if PSP was not intuitive, and I'm learning it, then I could give this one a try.  It's (ON1) on the menu for tonight: practice, patience, perseverance.

I almost don't use PSE anymore. Wish you a nice night ?!
Yes, you're totally right "practice, patience, perseverance",  good resolutions to get ahead!!

Edited by libera
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:40 PM, Donna Sillia said:

I am still so fascinated by the cass directional tube script that I bound it to my workspace. There was a simple tutorial for a balloon which I made into a directional tube. The font is Ambidexter, a free font. The confetti and curled ribbons are tubes.

Donna, you are showing us so many possibilities using cass-directional tube script! I don't remember seeing the balloon tutorial; I like the result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cristina said:

Mireille, I love the letter filled with the Tatting Lace o8 tube.  Great idea!  I'll add it to my wishing list. ? 

Christina. Thank you.  Originally the Tatting Lace 08 tube is dark grey. I used Brightness/Contrast settings at 255-0. For the mesh, I made a simple cross on an image of 50x50 pixels and saved it in patterns in PNG file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, MoniqueN. said:

And part 2

Tea!

The picture tubes as they are on the "line" are sometimes a bit apart, because of the spoons ?

Tea font is named woodcut ?

les 7 deel 2-tea-600.jpg

That' s a cool tube you used Monique as well as the woodcut font, fits well to your tea time ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cristina said:

Libera, those are great examples of the technique! I don't know why, but when I saw the second one, it reminded me of popcorn... Go figure it out! ? 

Thanks Cristina, I had to laugh. I rather thought someone would think it was snow☺️. May be you like popcorn and you were hungry at this tiime?!

It's a Corel tube named "stones white", I discovered in PSP 2022.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

The weather is terrible at the moment over here, so my lesson 7 is about that ?

The picture tube is from the pSP 12 ultimate content.

I had a bit of trouble picking the "star" even when I enlarged my project.

les 7-2-600.jpg

2 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

The weather is terrible at the moment over here, so my lesson 7 is about that ?

The picture tube is from the pSP 12 ultimate content.

I had a bit of trouble picking the "star" even when I enlarged my project.

les 7-2-600.jpg

Thanks Monique for this info too, so many interesting PSP tubes you let us discover! 
Yes, it is not always easy to pick the "star",  but practice will do it, not leave large time gaps at the beginning of the learning process.

Edited by libera
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot Carole for this great workshop you've done. Bet you were more than surprised to see so many participants.
I'm really happy to have gone through all the lessons. As many among us, I too hope for another WS. May be Vectors will become the new "drug" here in the forum ?.

And by the way, thanks again to Ann Seeber to have asked for it ?!

• Like 4

I'm still practicing.  Liked the teapot tube used by Monique (Monique, you found several tubes I had missed); and so, I took just the teapot from that tube and used it with the customDirectional Script from Cassel and made a new tube out of just the teapot;  recolored a copy of my background paper, made just the teacup and saucer into a new png and used it, recolored it, made it hold tea this time, used that smoke brush in Particle shop and Aryaduta font to finish the title.

TeaTime.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 11

52 minutes ago, libera said:

I finally made it through lesson 7 and before I make more and more changes, here some results. I add the original texture in black I used for the beads. I played a long time with the blend mode. 

circle cut-600.jpg

circle cut bluish.jpg

circle cut2-600.jpg

0095-300.jpg

alpha cut 2-600.jpg

These are awesome!  I love the textures, backgrounds and blend modes.  And thank you for the reminder about practicing a lot in the beginning of learning a new concept.  I needed to hear that.  I have been absent and playing with my camera and new RAW editor that is wildly different (than anything I've used before) and not at all intuitive for me (I knew that going in).  Thankfully, they have tutorials with practice photos.  Perhaps a break from that and practice Vectors today would be just what I need!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I'm still practicing.  Liked the teapot tube used by Monique (Monique, you found several tubes I had missed); and so, I took just the teapot from that tube and used it with the customDirectional Script from Cassel and made a new tube out of just the teapot;  recolored a copy of my background paper, made just the teacup and saucer into a new png and used it, recolored it, made it hold tea this time, used that smoke brush in Particle shop and Aryaduta font to finish the title.

TeaTime.jpg

What an idea to use only the teapot!

• Thanks 1

I did NOT fall off the face of the earth; it only felt that way. There was an unexpected loss of someone very close, and it knocked me sideways. Life has a funny way of skewering your plans. I was all set for the Vector Workshop, then BAM!

I tried to watch a couple of videos and tried a few shapes, but my concentration was obliterated. But I did check in to see some of the posts that have appeared. So impressive. I have learned a bit more about working with those nodes, but I have to start now from Square 2. I think I have Square (Lesson) 1 under control. I need to get back in the game!

• Sad 9

24 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I did NOT fall off the face of the earth; it only felt that way. There was an unexpected loss of someone very close, and it knocked me sideways. Life has a funny way of skewering your plans. I was all set for the Vector Workshop, then BAM!

I tried to watch a couple of videos and tried a few shapes, but my concentration was obliterated. But I did check in to see some of the posts that have appeared. So impressive. I have learned a bit more about working with those nodes, but I have to start now from Square 2. I think I have Square (Lesson) 1 under control. I need to get back in the game!

I am so sorry for your loss. I will include you in my prayers with hope that as time passes the burden in your heart becomes as light as air.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Oh Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Do what you need for you.  PSP will always be there, like a friend you dont talk to much, but when you do talk it feels like you've always being by each others side.  Take Care. Hugs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

38 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss; doubly because I had a similar situation that kept me frozen on Lesson 1 also. Perhaps, together , we can explore those pesky nodes and enjoy the rest of the lessons in our own time. Take care. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1