Vector Workshop 2023

Cassel

Okay - project 5b.  Really had fun with this.  Made the background paper using a portion of the greenery in the picture and smudging it, blurring it, lightening it - and then saving it for use later; used a copy of the original vector circle to crop the picture to fit the vector; used a copy of the original vector enlarged to make the top circle; and then relearned how to make the text go the correct way at the bottom (at first it went in reverse - why???) but I did get it to go the correct way when I followed Cassel's instructions by just typing it after reversing the path and then offsetting it.  Whew!  Fun learning.  Need to practice that again.

Vector Project 5b_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

And now to 6a.  Tried (with Artistic Effects>Balls and Bubbles) to make the original tweaked shape into a plumped pillow (I know - it needs work).  Before I did that, I used the shape and Cass Blue Braid to do what the project is about.  Then (since it was a pillow) I added the font (Aryaduta) and the corduroy heart I made earlier in this workshop.  Anyway, this is the result. Oh - I forgot - I also used the warp mesh to give the pillow more depth and played with the words because they had to mold with the plump pillow!

Vector Project 6a.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 8
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I am still so fascinated by the cass directional tube script that I bound it to my workspace. There was a simple tutorial for a balloon which I made into a directional tube. The font is Ambidexter, a free font. The confetti and curled ribbons are tubes.

dsballooncirclehb.jpg

Donna, nice use of the directional tube script. You reminded me that I have that script too and I had almost forgotten it because of all the new scripts that I have bought since then?I will have to play with it again and make some more.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Project 7a.  Cass pink bead picture tube; treated the circle as a silver bracelet. Using the knife tool was interesting.  I never really understood how to use it.  But it is the edit mode that breaks the circle where the knife cut and moves the part of the vector you want moved.  You use the knife tool when making a paper clip also.

Vector Project 7a.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

OK - I'm just playing now.  I bought that custom directional script - couldn't resist.  Used the topaz heart gems I created with a script from Cassel some time ago.  Had seen someone putting a picture inside of a letter and thought that's a great idea.  Love that old Pooh bear and so put him and his honey pot inside of my D which I had made golden.  Of course the background is the 100 acre wood.

Vector Project 7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8

58 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Project 7a.  Cass pink bead picture tube; treated the circle as a silver bracelet. Using the knife tool was interesting.  I never really understood how to use it.  But it is the edit mode that breaks the circle where the knife cut and moves the part of the vector you want moved.  You use the knife tool when making a paper clip also.

Vector Project 7a.jpg

I remember doing the paper clip in the lab too.  I should go back and try it again now that I have a better understanding.  

• Love 2

I've had a hard time with the letter and placing a tube around part of it.  For some reason, the first letter I used was an S and then I had trouble deleting part of it (had to watch the video several times to get the fact that you select the part you want to remove and then hit the delete key - I kept wanting to select the part I wanted to remove with the selection tool- instead of just drawing around the part to be removed.  Then I had a problem with how PSP was scripting the gems around the path - it kept limiting the size to the actual width of the letter.  I scrapped the S and began again and chose P this time.  Well this time the gems were the correct size.  And, all's well that end's well!

Vector Project 7b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 6

On 28-7-2023 at 19:32, Cassel said:

Dat is raar. but true!? 

my last of this subject. 

About the last crea: I was of the opinion that the stones(beats) were silver so I made the ring grey. When it was finished I saw it was gold color.  I was to scared to get down again that I keep it this way. 

HIP HIP THE FINAL PART OF A VERY INTERESTING SUBJECT. Definitely, I have to do the whole course over in the common weeks. I have struggled a lot. 2X PSP down. Sometimes I had the idea that it was too much for me. But then I found in the comments that nearly all the other ones were struggling too. 

But a ton of new possibilities extra in stock.  

Image1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 7

This thread is so active I can't keep up (been busy), so please don't think I don't appreciate all your work!?

I'm trying to catch up wit the lessons.

I wanted to add text on the middle part of this project on a new layer, but the text won't move to the spot I want, so I left it out now. But I don't understand why the text can't be moved? Edit: worked after merging layers ?

les 6 met achtergrord-600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
Found the answer to my question (merge)
  • Like 8
  • Love 4

On 7/26/2023 at 4:33 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I know what you mean about the job.  Sometimes I wish i was retired, but then that means I'll be that much older.  I still maintain to my friends I'm going to win the lottery...WITHOUT buying a lottery ticket (I dont buy them), then i'll have all the time in the world...I hope. ? Glad to see you carved out some PSP time.  I took the day off today and finally going to choose the RAW editing software I will go with  (Looks like ON1is in the lead - it's the most like Lightroom...but a standalone..and on sale!).

Thank you Susan, and I know what you mean about retirement amd lottery....I too was interested about 2 years ago in ON1 but then decided to concentrate on the software I already had, realizing not having time enough for all this. Earlier I worked with Corel Draw (to do flyers) and Photo-Paint, I still have older versions. I still have Photoshop Elements but my preference now is PSP.

• Like 4

On 7/27/2023 at 6:38 AM, Dorothy Donn said:

I have now got access to Lessons one thru six. 

Cassell:  I have not received any email to get to lesson 7?

Lesson 6 - Sign  and inital with vector tube: Used  Cassell's  Gold Chain 03

Lesson 06 Life is to short.jpg

Cool quote, I love it....

I had PS Elements for a few years.  It was so crash-y that I never wanted to use it and gave up.  I did get ON1, wow, so different but at least there is lots of tutorials.  It's not intuitive, but I knew that from reviews.  I figure if PSP was not intuitive, and I'm learning it, then I could give this one a try.  It's (ON1) on the menu for tonight: practice, patience, perseverance.