What are you working on (in May 2023)?

Cassel

I have a separate folder for my 64 bit plugins. I copied the Abstract Curves plugin to that folder and directed my file locations to that folder, and it shows up under Effects plugins.

Here is a sample of a background where I used Abstract Curves to make a background for a card that I am making for a new home party for my great niece. I thought the lines sort of echoed the slats in the house. You can easily change colors, and I wanted to match the house colors.

frontndbkgd2600.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Cassel said:

@Mary Solaas Do you happen to have another PSP version to check?

Carole, 

Abstract Curves installed into my Program Files and not into Paintshop 2022 or 2023. This happened quite a while ago after I purchased the program. Maybe you could just direct file locations to the Abstract Curves folder in the Program Files. I seem to remember having difficulty finding it until I finally pasted it into my separate 64 bit plugins folder and directed my file locations there.

• Like 1

I couldnt make it work either.  Got the Software Informer stuck on my screen.  very annoying.  I'm taking a hard pass on this one.  I could see it when I was in PSP but it had an error and wouldnt work.  If I decide I want it, I'll pay for it.  There was also so other file it talked about in the readme that said I had to put it somewhere, I didnt really understand it and didnt know where to put it.  I didnt know if was supposed to put into 2023 plug program files or a file I have that is a general one under Corel that says Plug ins.  That's probably where I went wrong.  came home from work with a headache, probably not the night to be trying to figure stuff out I dont understand.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1

If you are having issues, install it anyways (so you would be within the time limit) and we can figure out how to get it "visible" in PSP after.

I don't know if it has anything to do with dll files or not. Maybe check this article about installing plugins?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

If you are having issues, install it anyways (so you would be within the time limit) and we can figure out how to get it "visible" in PSP after.

I don't know if it has anything to do with dll files or not. Maybe check this article about installing plugins?

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

The downloaded version does not have a .8bf file which you need to show up in plugins.  I think.  I went ahead and installed the full version so that I could work in it if I wanted to.  Seems it saves as .bmp files which can be loaded as .jpg files (I think).

Just now, Mary Solaas said:

The downloaded version does not have a .8bf file which you need to show up in plugins.  I think.  I went ahead and installed the full version so that I could work in it if I wanted to.  Seems it saves as .bmp files which can be loaded as .jpg files (I think).

I finally contacted AbstractCurves and told them my problem.  Lets see what they say.  

1 minute ago, Mary Solaas said:

I went ahead and installed the full version so that I could work in it if I wanted to.

Once it is installed as a standalone, likely in the Program Files folder, just point your PSP to that Abstract Curves folder that was created there. That is all I had to do.

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Nope.  I even closed PSP after I added it in File Preferences Plug Ins and then reopened it and it doesn't show.

I decided I will buy the full version and use it as stand alone like I do with FF. the website shows it's only $20.  I want to see it in action before I buy it.  I will drool over what people make with it.  I hope you get it sorted out Mary.  You said you got the full version and you are still having troubles with it?  At least if you paid for it, the company should be obligated to help you get it straightened out.  Still, what a hassle.  

20 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I've decided to use it as a standalone also.  Can't fight it.  It's an interesting app.  Already did a sample out of it that I used to create a paper.  Guess I was inspired by Donna.

Mary, 

I'm glad that I inspired you. I lost the license key when I changed computers, and I must tell you that their customer service was excellent. I received a reply within 24 hours, although the support is only for paid for versions.

Try making a folder and pasting the 8BF file into it. Then direct your PSP file locations to that folder. That is what worked for me, although I have most of my plugins in a separate folder called "plugins64." It took me quite a while to figure it out. I used it with a shimmer paper with lines from Abstract Curvees for the background on the card that I am making, although my husband wants it to be a more colorful blue.

frontmerged600.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Mary, 

I'm glad that I inspired you. I lost the license key when I changed computers, and I must tell you that their customer service was excellent. I received a reply within 24 hours, although the support is only for paid for versions.

Try making a folder and pasting the 8BF file into it. Then direct your PSP file locations to that folder. That is what worked for me, although I have most of my plugins in a separate folder called "plugins64." It took me quite a while to figure it out. I used it with a shimmer paper with lines from Abstract Curvees for the background on the card that I am making, although my husband wants it to be a more colorful blue.

frontmerged600.jpg

Donna, there is NO 8bf file.  I've just decided to use it as is - a standalone.  It's OK. 

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

I've decided to use it as a standalone also.  Can't fight it.  It's an interesting app.  Already did a sample out of it that I used to create a paper.  Guess I was inspired by Donna.

Did you find it easy to use, it looks complicated.  Worth getting then?  I'm happy to pay for it too, it's commercial use as well that way. Not that I'd ever sell anything but it covers me if I choose to.  And there is support.  I'm not so smart with technology (unless it's a camera).  

I cant find the post about our purchases from the recent sale so I'm posting here.

I had a pinwheel party tonight.  There is limitless combinations you can try, it was fun.  I used papers from just watching A Beautiful Mess masterclass.  And one has gradient on the folded forward part (pink&orange) that I had made previously.  It's really quite something to watch it come together.  

pinwheel party-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Cristina said:

Susan, those pinwheels look amazing. I love the papers with different edges... Very creative!

I also like to watch as the scripts run...It's like magic! The bows' scripts are one of my favorites to watch.

Thank you. The creativity on the edges is all Carole.  You get multiple options, it's very cool to change the order of the papers to see the difference in the pinwheels.  And really, the creativity on the papers is from Carole too, through watching "A Beautiful Mess".  I'm just watching "Art Media with PSP".  I dont think I even paid attention to those tools.  I know I want a Wacom tablet for Christmas this year.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Thank you. The creativity on the edges is all Carole.  You get multiple options, it's very cool to change the order of the papers to see the difference in the pinwheels.  And really, the creativity on the papers is from Carole too, through watching "A Beautiful Mess".  I'm just watching "Art Media with PSP".  I dont think I even paid attention to those tools.  I know I want a Wacom tablet for Christmas this year.

I have a Wacom tablet and used to work a lot with the desktop... But since I had to use the laptop, I never tried it again... always postponing... But it takes time to adjust to it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cristina said:

I have a Wacom tablet and used to work a lot with the desktop... But since I had to use the laptop, I never tried it again... always postponing... But it takes time to adjust to it.

Depending on what I need to do during a certain period, if I need to bring my laptop "on the road", I might get by just with my mouse, but if it is for an extended period, then I will bring my tablet. It is not much bigger than the mousepad so it is not taking much space. It also depends on how you are set up; I doubt I would use my tablet if the laptop is on my lap!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 11:38 AM, Susan Ewart said:

Wow, good to know.  I have to go to work and hopefully time hasnt run out when I get home. it's downloaded but not installed yet, I would have done it tomorrow.  Did you put it as a plug in in PSP or use as stand alone.  

Susan, did you get it installed, and have you played with it yet? Just curious.....