April PALETTE Challenge (2023)

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

This month, we are longing for spring (which might be closer for some than others). Let's showcase something in those colors. You can create background, papers, and elements from those colors to showcase your photos. Although the photos don't have to have to be in those colors, it is fine if it is too. So what will you be making?

spacer.png

Can you create a project using these colors?

• Love 1

I opened a blank square page, flood filled it with the blue, opened a new raster layer then used a not solid brush to make blobs of the other colors all over the page. From there I played with the kaleidoscope until I got something I liked.  With that I used the pattern to make this. 

K 4 P1    5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

April Palette Challenge. Created the little flowers for the background paper (pattern, flood fill). Background paper overlays, blend modes, and colours, using several layers. Replicating colours from the photos. Some of the first things I learnt to create were the eyelets and stitching, when I first joined the campus. Due to adding noise, and textures some colours have have changed slightly. Some flower pics I have taken on one of my trips home.

Flowers.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Sometime ago I saw a layout a bit similar to this and I liked those drops which are perfect for showing little flowers. In my flower photocollection I found some which have the colors of the palette. The fonts are Bistern and School Sketch. Backgrounds are also in the colors of the palette and are made using 2 papers and a blend mode. The april with the ducks is a stamp.

Palette Challenge April 2023-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

33 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sometime ago I saw a layout a bit similar to this and I liked those drops which are perfect for showing little flowers. In my flower photocollection I found some which have the colors of the palette. The fonts are Bistern and School Sketch. Backgrounds are also in the colors of the palette and are made using 2 papers and a blend mode. The april with the ducks is a stamp.

Palette Challenge April 2023-600.jpg

FABULOUS!  I love everything about your layout.  raindrop shape is beautiful isnt it.  I really like the background paper and the upper left corner piece.  Nice touch.  

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Experimenting with new styles of labels. I used a photo for the background along with overlays. and blend modes. This layout isn't a template but one I created myself. April palette challenge.

Springtime raindrops (3).jpg

WOW!  so much wonderful stuff to look at. The upper right circle and the way the top one is cut if so interesting.  The beautiful tinted lines.  Of course the out of bounds picture and frame.  The background is super.  April rocks!  not only did it bring much needed showers to clean off the world, it brought your beautiful layout.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

WOW!  so much wonderful stuff to look at. The upper right circle and the way the top one is cut if so interesting.  The beautiful tinted lines.  Of course the out of bounds picture and frame.  The background is super.  April rocks!  not only did it bring much needed showers to clean off the world, it brought your beautiful layout.  

Thank you for the comment Susan.  I hope  it may give you some ideas and inspiration.

• Love 2

Finally took some time to complete a challenge. Thank you as always Cassel for stretching my comfort zone and teaching me countless lessons.

Paper inspiration from Marisa Lerin"s - Hello Spring Kit but were coloured to follow the given pallet. I created the Elements and filled them with the paper patterns. The fonts used were Culrz, DeVinne, and Cooper Black Out . The photos are mine taken on a sunny morning when the sun was back lighting them so they had some transparency  which I found interesting.

Love seeing all the creative talent in this Campus,

Pallet challenge 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Natalie Spooner said:

Finally took some time to complete a challenge. Thank you as always Cassel for stretching my comfort zone and teaching me countless lessons.

Paper inspiration from Marisa Lerin"s - Hello Spring Kit but were coloured to follow the given pallet. I created the Elements and filled them with the paper patterns. The fonts used were Culrz, DeVinne, and Cooper Black Out . The photos are mine taken on a sunny morning when the sun was back lighting them so they had some transparency  which I found interesting.

Love seeing all the creative talent in this Campus,

Pallet challenge 600.jpg

This is so pretty.  Your lighting is beautiful on the flowers.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

The wild cherry is finally blooming in front of my patio. Used the first lesson from last month's titles and filled with a picture tube flower 08 where the color seemed to echo the cherry. 

THE WILD CHERRY-APRIL 2023_600.jpg

That must be s sight to see. I loved the poem.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1