Newsletter chitchat - March 7

Cassel

I had 2 Havanese dogs between 2000 and 2015. Pepper and Paige loved to snuggle under any type of covering they could find. In 2017 I got Peyton (another Havanese). When she was small, she crawled under a stand to be close to the air duct. She no longer fits there. But now she loves to take her bumper bed all over the house and flipping it over to lay on the bottom of it.

2013 jan 8.jpg

2017 Keeping Cool.jpg

2020 Upside Down Bed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

41 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I haven't made any layouts with my cat's weird places to hang out, but he does situate himself (like all cats) into some strange places. And he does love fresh laundry left in a basket!

Oh yeah, the bathroom sink!! Slippers never used that, but another cat of mine did! I have had several cats over the years so there are many locations that were favorite. One cat even loved the box of Legos. Talk about something that should not be very "comfy"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Rene Marker said:

I had 2 Havanese dogs between 2000 and 2015. Pepper and Paige loved to snuggle under any type of covering they could find. In 2017 I got Peyton (another Havanese). When she was small, she crawled under a stand to be close to the air duct. She no longer fits there. But now she loves to take her bumper bed all over the house and flipping it over to lay on the bottom of it.

2013 jan 8.jpg

2017 Keeping Cool.jpg

2020 Upside Down Bed.jpg

These guys are adorable!

31 minutes ago, George Stabler said:

We always taught our Doberman Zoey to stay off the couch but we came in one day and found her sitting like this. 

She looked at us like "well you guys sit like this".

IMG_20140820_160606.jpg

Well, kind of technically, she's not ON the sofa, just sort of......

• Like 1

Seeing all this nice photos and reading the stories I'm almost sad I didn't had pets. When I was a kid we lived in an apartmentbuilding in a big city (Rotterdam), so I only had hamsters and those are not that attractive for kids because they sleep in the daytime and get active in the evening and night. When they died : no new ones. Later, when I was married we lived in a house where we could have had a dog or a cat, but the children we allergic to those. In those years there weren't dogs around like the labradoodle nowadays. The kids left home many years ago and we never came to buy a dog or cat. My daughter has 2 dogs now, both suitable for allergic people and I enjoy them when I come to visit once a year because they live in USA. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

These guys are adorable!

Thank you! I wanted a dog so much to keep me company but I had problems around most breeds until I found the Havanese breed. I fell in love, have no allergy issues and best of all, they are not huge. Pepper weighed 13 pounds at his heaviest, Paige (aka Porky) weighed 15 pounds. And, Peyton is just about 10 pounds. I got all three of them from the same breeder and Paige's father is Peyton's great-great-grandfather. Good bloodlines... Dante sired a Westminster Breed champion (Paige's half-brother).

I had a dog, a mutt, when I was a child and after she was gone Mom found out she was allergic to dog dander! So I wanted a dog that had no dander in case I had the same issues. Havanese don't shed so no dander. Show Havanese have long hair, I just have always kept mine in puppy cuts.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, George Stabler said:

We always taught our Doberman Zoey to stay off the couch but we came in one day and found her sitting like this. 

She looked at us like "well you guys sit like this".

IMG_20140820_160606.jpg

OMG, I'm dying. Can't stop laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These are my two dogs from about 15 years ago.  We always knew when the furnace was starting because Sandy would show up in front of that one register before the fan even started blowing.  Poor Valentine had to make due with the leftover hot air.  Heaven forbid that I thought I might share it too. 

Sandy Valentine  so cold 6.jpg

• Love 3