March THEME Challenge - St-Patrick's Day

Cassel

Theme-Valentine-Day

In March, the theme is ST-PATRICKS DAY. Do you have pictures or stories surrounding St-Patrick's Day? Is that even something you celebrate? If so, how? Share your stories in pictures or in words.

Add stories to those photos but you know that you can also tell stories without photos!

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

• Like 1

• Cassel pinned this topic

I scrapped the only photos I have from anything related to St. Patrick's Day back in 2012. Also, even though the grandparents of my Dad's mother came from County Kerry Ireland, St. Patrick's Day was not something that was celebrated by Dad and his siblings when growing up.

My 2012 layout made with a kit that has long been retired. I'm not sure if the designer is even still designing!

1991 Florida A.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

In 2008 my basketball team traveled to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a tournament. It was over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Hot Springs has all sorts of fountains which use water from the springs. It is supposed to have healing properties and other benefits. We drank a good bit of it...not sure that I noticed any benefit. Most of my basketball pages were created 10X 8 so they could be easily printed.

3 2008 3 15 Nothing But Net 3 600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 3/1/2023 at 7:17 PM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

In 2008 my basketball team traveled to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a tournament. It was over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Hot Springs has all sorts of fountains which use water from the springs. It is supposed to have healing properties and other benefits. We drank a good bit of it...not sure that I noticed any benefit. Most of my basketball pages were created 10X 8 so they could be easily printed.

3 2008 3 15 Nothing But Net 3 600.jpg

Hi my Daughter took me there its about hour 40 mins from me.  Did You go in the hot springs pools,  I never noticed healing properties either but ppl come from all over the world to come there.   Theres so many sites and things to do there, now days they have gambling and horse races is BIG.    loved your post Art pages.

19 minutes ago, cindy harris said:

Hi my Daughter took me there its about hour 40 mins from me.  Did You go in the hot springs pools,  I never noticed healing properties either but ppl come from all over the world to come there.   Theres so many sites and things to do there, now days they have gambling and horse races is BIG.    loved your post Art pages.

We were not able to in the pools...not enough time. It was a fun trip.

• Love 1

On 3/3/2023 at 3:06 PM, cindy harris said:

Hi Cindy,  my daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 grandchildren (all girls) went there quite some years ago - we did a Ya-Ya-Sister weekend.  We did do the baths - the water feels good.  I also went there with a friend of mine and we did not go in the pools that time, but we did do "crystal mining" and then went to the diamond mine to poke around in the offall from the mine.  Diamonds have actually been found in the slag.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I I used what I learned in the shadow box master class and created this using (Fairy-Moon-Shadow-Box-47020851) from Creativefabrica and the shamrock in her hand was created from (Layer-st-Patricks-day-leaf-25320553). Now my Irish ancestors can either say well done or turn over in their graves. 

my irish fairy shadow box  6  b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

On 3/4/2023 at 3:10 PM, Mary Solaas said:

Hi Cindy,  my daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 grandchildren (all girls) went there quite some years ago - we did a Ya-Ya-Sister weekend.  We did do the baths - the water feels good.  I also went there with a friend of mine and we did not go in the pools that time, but we did do "crystal mining" and then went to the diamond mine to poke around in the offall from the mine.  Diamonds have actually been found in the slag.

• Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic