Jump to content

Lab 13 - 01 Stencil design


Marie-Claire

Recommended Posts

It does not look like the thickness is changed. I think it is a relative size, and it is just because the smaller circles LOOK like the edge is thicker.  What is it set at? Does it change?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the large circle is set to 70, then I changed to 60 for the inner circles, but depending on how big I make the circles the thickness of the line changes, even though I don't change anything in the setting, It also stays at 60

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

I have read your explanation again, and understand what you want to say, with the line width not changing, but it is not ok like this??

I think you might just want to avoid very small circles where the inside seems smaller than the stroke. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is my Lab 13-1.   I may have accidentally posted it in the old forum, though how that could have happened, I am unsure.

The colors are from the Feb 2023 Pixelscrapper Blog Train. Um, more or less - I don't excel at colors.  I made some of the patterns in Spark.

 

Lab 13-1.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lab 13 - 01: Stencil Design
Papers : thematicgnoliapatch.blogspot.com
2 Scripts : Creation Cassel : cass-bow3 and cass-RibbonFactory
Alpha : cass-RustedAlpha
Own pictures.
A walk in 2019, with my best friend Poncho, enjoying nature, the beautiful sky, the flowers....large.Lab13-01StencilDesign-600.jpg.dc1693ecb2c1896232fbbd4df14b77d9.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice!  Poncho is lookin' good -- you much comb him nearly daily because he never has a bad hair day! :))

I finished mine ok, but then I wasn't sure what to do with it, LOL! 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Marie-Claire - I really like this layout.  Everything flows together well.  I am interested on how you did the edging to the scalloped side paper.

Mary, the scalopped side paper is part of the kit from which I also took the other papers, so I didn't do that myself.
But I would also like to know what the best technique is to do this, I like that too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

y Mary

Actually, it’s very simple. Just use the pen to draw point by point from top to bottom of your image and validate if you are satisfied.

Then right click on each node type of symmetric node. Select the part you want to keep, invert the selection and cut your paper with this selection.

6 images for greater clarity in my explanations. Mireille

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by mireille
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy New Year 2023 to all. Not seeing the post of January 4, I am again. Here Stencil.1637037565_stencil600x600.jpg.9190b49944666794010fe12bee43f2f4.jpg Homemade paper, pattern and texture with brushes. Font ChopinScript. Gems made with script Precious Creation Cassel.

 

 

Edited by mireille
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1435069899_Border2.jpg.3e7d3bd63dbb43a22f88669d0adce942.jpgHi Mary and Marie-Claire

Other use of side paper, make scalloped and/or add decorations (brushes) as below with the use of the VertorPaint script that can be downloaded from Carole’s store.

Paper made with brushes and texturizer Canvas for texture. Overlay texture of PixelScrapper.

Border.jpg.9cd6553a131c1fc0bf6c8dc681f80f9c.jpg

Edited by mireille
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mireille said:

1435069899_Border2.jpg.3e7d3bd63dbb43a22f88669d0adce942.jpgHi Mary and Marie-Claire

Other use of side paper, make scalloped and/or add decorations (brushes) as below with the use of the VertorPaint script that can be downloaded from Carole’s store.

Paper made with brushes and texturizer Canvas for texture. Overlay texture of PixelScrapper.

Border.jpg.9cd6553a131c1fc0bf6c8dc681f80f9c.jpg

mireille HELLO

   i LOVE THIS PAPER CAN I USE IT?    wtg  thats beautiful  your good

On 1/4/2023 at 1:31 AM, Suzy said:

I’m up for it, but I don’t think anybody would want what I make.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mireille said:

Hello Cindy

Yes, you can use it but for personal and non-commercial use.

thank you Love how you made those       So Pretty    

             hey can we have a shared place like someone was saying, for sharing or this is fine layouts?  I havent made any but I bought the mask script havented mastered it yet but I think it will be so fun when I do learn how to make them.    Love so many Peoples work here/ Art 🙂     Ty Mireille 🙂  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2023 at 12:44 PM, mireille said:

y Mary

Actually, it’s very simple. Just use the pen to draw point by point from top to bottom of your image and validate if you are satisfied.

Then right click on each node type of symmetric node. Select the part you want to keep, invert the selection and cut your paper with this selection.

6 images for greater clarity in my explanations. Mireille

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

 

On 1/5/2023 at 12:44 PM, mireille said:

y Mary

Actually, it’s very simple. Just use the pen to draw point by point from top to bottom of your image and validate if you are satisfied.

Then right click on each node type of symmetric node. Select the part you want to keep, invert the selection and cut your paper with this selection.

6 images for greater clarity in my explanations. Mireille

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg


I'm trying to follow the steps Mireille listed (on Jan 5) using the pen tool to draw a curved shape. I can get the shape, but it's the "selecting" part that I'm having trouble with. After the curve is drawn and smooth, what tool do I use to select it? All I get is the marching ants around the shape; then when I invert and press delete, the shape disappears. I'm clearly missing something here.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

 


I'm trying to follow the steps Mireille listed (on Jan 5) using the pen tool to draw a curved shape. I can get the shape, but it's the "selecting" part that I'm having trouble with. After the curve is drawn and smooth, what tool do I use to select it? All I get is the marching ants around the shape; then when I invert and press delete, the shape disappears. I'm clearly missing something here.

 

Hi its a script I bought to make cool Masks for making Scrapbooking Pages I havent got it to work yet but tried  a handful of times  i still havnet opened even i think 3 others lol  and wnat to buy the one that you can make pages papers with out of snowflakes ect  I want that I am trying to get where I can do it 🙂  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cindy harris said:

Hi its a script I bought to make cool Masks for making Scrapbooking Pages I havent got it to work yet but tried  a handful of times  i still havnet opened even i think 3 others lol  and wnat to buy the one that you can make pages papers with out of snowflakes ect  I want that I am trying to get where I can do it 🙂  

Hi Cindy, I'm not sure if you meant to reply to my comment? I was asking about the curved shape; I don't think it's a mask. But if it is, I will check it out! Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi  Julie

One of the two sides of the path must be selected with the magic wand.

Do not select the path.

You can also use the trace to make nice borders, see example. 

There is no script mask, Cindy answered me another question I asked her.

ZOOM SELECTION.jpg

Border 2.jpg

Border.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...