Lab 13 - 01 Stencil design

Marie-Claire

• 2 weeks later...

Lab13-Module1

Hi, I have had a go at a basic shape with stencil effect and I have managed to create a layer in black that I now want to be a Mask layer to be a photo instead of the black.

I have now got unstuck despite having watched Masks Master classes so I'm not sure why I can't work it out.

Can anyone help me please with how I create this black layer into a mask so that it will appear as a photo? Your projects here look so good but I just want to grasp the concept.

Thank you.

Lab13-Stencil.jpg

Layers.JPG

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

Can anyone help me please with how I create this black layer into a mask so that it will appear as a photo? Your projects here look so good but I just want to grasp the concept.

Check the Mask workshop lesson 1. Or you can use the Raster to Mask script if you happen to have it. It will do the same thing but faster.

• Love 1

I found the other Mask script that you mentioned Carole, 'Raster to Mask' and it worked perfectly. Tried it out with a different image as an experiment. The script I previously used was Mask Maker that I now realise is for use with vectors and that is presumably why it didn't work as my layer is a raster! Duh!

Lab13-Stencil-V2.jpg

• Love 4

I like the idea to make a stencil, so here is my go on it. I used this lovely owls, which were a freebie by CF a couple of days ago. The colors are taken from the owls and I have saved a version of this layout without the background color to probably use on a card. Next I try the Happy Birthday stencil too and also for use on a card because it is another way to do this.

Stencil with background-600.jpg

• Love 6

7 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I like the idea to make a stencil, so here is my go on it. I used this lovely owls, which were a freebie by CF a couple of days ago. The colors are taken from the owls and I have saved a version of this layout without the background color to probably use on a card. Next I try the Happy Birthday stencil too and also for use on a card because it is another way to do this.

Stencil with background-600.jpg

Corrie, this is really beautiful.  I love honeycombs and this stencil is really fabulous.  The owls are so cute too.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 4:05 AM, fiona cook said:

I found the other Mask script that you mentioned Carole, 'Raster to Mask' and it worked perfectly. Tried it out with a different image as an experiment. The script I previously used was Mask Maker that I now realise is for use with vectors and that is presumably why it didn't work as my layer is a raster! Duh!

Lab13-Stencil-V2.jpg

i loved the first one and the one before this and espically this one cause you like it ME too i bought the mask maker script never have been able yet to use it but I cant wait till i can.    i love your stars from the first one.