Blending

MoniqueN.

Actually, there is a superb masterclass on blending. Called blending through. Also Carole did a Corel webinar on masks I believe, some time ago, which also touched on blending. Members would benefit in periodically scrolling through, more specifically the masterclasses, as there you'll find nigh on everything you need to know, and more.

Here's what I mean when I want to learn about blending.  I have these video tutorials (Creative Live) but it's in PS and it was way over my head when I watched them.  They are composites but with lots of blending of layers and using layer styles and all of the above mentioned in the forum here.

As an example, the beach one has, near the top (above the words), the lid of a garbage can from a city park and it was blended into this background for effects/texture and you wouldn't even know it.

They are beautifully blended (believe me there is a lot of different layers in these layouts) and you cant see any hard lines from the different layers.  I'd like to be able to learn that.

Marie-Claire (#84983) The article I posted has the instructions how to do it.

Carole, (#85066) Yes ,please! I would like to learn how to do it myself too,instead of PSP doing it.When I treid before it didn't come out as nice as the above picture I posted.

Sue, ( #85085)I don't know about a masterclass, but we had a Mask challenge some time ago, was wonderful! I'm totally hooked at masking at the moment, but like to learn more about blending. I, for one, always search for things I wanna learn on the campus.

Rene, (#85084) Have a look at the link I posted in this thread. In this case PSP does the work for you. File--> photo blend

Susan (#85106) That's exactly what I would like to learn!

Sometimes, when you include a link, the system is careful and leaves the post for me to approve. When it happens, let e know. I checked and several posts from this thread were "pending". Are there any that still need approving or did you all repost them already?

• 1 month later...
Wow, where has this thread been hiding? I checked and I'm subscribed but none of these posts made it through on email for me. Susan, those examples are outstanding! We did have the class on blending, but I could use more. Perhaps a week, like the Love Story class, with increasingly complex tasks?

I would love a class like that too Ann.  These two clases from Creative Live have video tutorial, downloadable instruction manual and the files (even some PS brushes) needed to complete one project from each class.  It's nice sometimes to have all the same supplies (as the tutorial) for the first time through learning a new complex layout, and being able to follow along with each step.