Calendar Workshop 2023

Cassel

Ann, come to think of it, I don't think I did turn it to a raster.  My dashed lines came if I tried to make them the same font as the numbers I used (Prida Em Cooper), if I stayed in Arial the lines stayed solid.  It could also be that my PSP sometimes acts funny and when I look in "Save As" it's always set to PSP 8.  I've never ever saved in PSP 8 as I never had that version.  Even when I put it to PSP 2022 and save my workspace, it will still change back to PSP 8 the next time I turn it on.  So weird...and annoying.   I will keep that in mind though, about converting to a raster.  When things don't work, my brain cells de-rail I think. ?. I'm going to have to write that down on the "don't panic - read this first" list.

Finished! My Outlander calender for 2023 :)

In the april one it's a bit odd, when I wanted to change the colours of the numbers all worked fine, but the 30 only could erase, the 29 in the same box was ok to change.........I don't know what's the problem.........

Have to check the dates again, I see I have february with 30 days, silly me :D

Monique: They are gorgeous! I'll have to watch it now with closed captions so it can defeat the heavy accent. A question for you or maybe Carole: how do you achieve two numbers in the same box? I don't know if the Text Tool would do that ordinarily. Perhaps a separate layer? I don't know...

MoniqueN At first beautiful calendar of outlander. I like fantasy myself very much. Have the first 3 books of Diana Gabaldon, buth when the fourth I found it too much, Afraid the story became too long. On the other hand I have all books from Raymond Feist and Terry Pratchet.   Yes 11 november: Sint Maarten, When I was young lived in west friesland and every year with lanterns along the houses. In the south the start of carnaval. And Poppy day in England-Belgium.  By the way St Maarten is one of the bases for Halloween.

Ann Seeber.  It is easy to get more dates in one box. First you type the 23 (see April Calendar Monique), the click on another tool. Go back tot the text tool, Type 30. Then the pick tool, so you can place the 30 on the place you want.

I saw that MoniqueN changed the days. Here in the netherlands the weeks starts with Sunday. I thought about that when making the up-to-date-challenge, but found it too much work on that moment.  For members who want that you can use the following for calendar 2023.

01 (january) use august 2022 (up-to-date challenge) then 02 - september 2022; 03 - also september; 04 - may; 05 -  november; 06 - april; 07 - may; 08 - june; 09 - januari; 10 - august; 11 - september; 12 - october. With the pick tool you can select dates which you want to erase and then hit delete. Do you need to add  the 31 for instance select it with the pick tool in a month like august. Copy and paste it in the month in which you need it.  If you know the lettertype of the days, Yeh then you can just add it direct with the text tool.

Here is my July 2023 calendar page.

Heidelberg Castle is a ruin in Germany and landmark of Heidelberg. The castle ruins are among the most important Renaissance structures north of the Alps. The castle has only been partially rebuilt since its demolition in the 17th and 18th centuries.

I used a gradient for the background and added the texture asphalt. The font is Samantha Upright with glyphs for J and y, plus the flower glyph that I added to the y, which is also Samantha upright.

I am busy at work, but I am trying to finish the calendar, so I can soon participate in other fun Campus projects.

Here is my August Calendar.

The Nymphenburg Palace is a Baroque palace situated in Munich's western district Neuhausen-Nymphenburg, in Bavaria, southern Germany. Combined with the adjacent Nymphenburg Palace Park it constitutes one of the premier royal palaces of Europe. Its frontal width of 632 meters  even surpasses Versailles Palace.

I used  the picture of the castle as a background as some of you have also done, and I liked the effect. Then I used layer blend mode Screen, and reduced opacity to 51%. The Font is Glamour for the month and no glyphs were needed. The text on bottom left is Baby Valentine - no glyphs needed. Changed colors for dates and lines to same color as font for August,  except for weekends and text on bottom left where I used a different color. Picked all colors from the picture.

I started on making another calendar in portrait format and I am going to use the masks and elements from this years Workshop. For the boxes I used Carole's Custom Calendar Script. And it will be mostly in German because the recipients are Swiss. The original Workshop Calendar is almost ready I only need to do the cover, but as the German one has to be in the mail somewhat earlier I do this one first.

MoniqueN Did not connect you with your surname in the dutch group :-)

I like your calendar of outlander very much. Very good work.  Love fantasy myself. Have also the first 3 books from Dina Gabaldon. Buth when the fourth came, I found it too much, makes the story too long. I prefer moore the books from Raymond Feist and Terry Pratchett.

And you changed it to our dutch weeks starting with Sunday. In the up-to-date-challenge I was thinkig about that, but found it a bit too much work then.

Ann Seeber  Two dates in one box is not so difficult to do. First you type for instance (April from MoniqueN) the 23. Hit another tool (Pick tool) Then back to the Text tool type 30. Go to the pick tool, select the 30 and you can place it where ever you want it.

Here is my September Calendar page showcasing Castle Hohenzollern.

Hohenzollern Castle is the ancestral seat of the imperial House of Hohenzollern. The third of three hilltop castles built on the site, it is located atop Mount Hohenzollern, above and south of Hechingen, on the edge of the Swabian Jura of central Baden-Württemberg, Germany.

I used a background from Digital Scrapbooking - Gina Jones and reduced opacity to 79. The font for September is Samantha Upright and I used some kerning, so the glyph S (Samantha upright) was closer to the letter e.

The font for Castle Hohenzollern Germany is Gloucester MT Extra from Windows 10. Used drop shadows on both fonts. Added a cluster from Digital Scrapbooking - Jessica Dunn and added drop shadow. Colored dates, lines wiith same color as text and used different color on weekends. 3 more months to go plus the cover page. I will get this calendar done and I am having fund with it.